It's Not a Boy - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

It's Not a Boy - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

It's Not a Boy

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

It's Not a Boy - Page 2 Empty Re: It's Not a Boy

Post by Avery Bishop Sat May 31, 2014 2:10 am

“That’s exactly why I wanted to help my friend with his decision to house the students that need a place to go. Hopefully we can protect them from any other crazy things that the Ministry comes up with. He’s even got a couple folks to help them keep up on their studies and things. We’re hoping it really makes a difference for them, even if the Ministry doesn’t find out or if it’s kept quiet. It’s about them, not about appearances, y’know?” Avery sighed, but nodded in return for Sophia’s words. “I’m sorry to hear about your friends.”

“She’s quite intense, that’s for sure.” Avery said seriously, eyes widening slightly. “I mean, I thought she was going to get us in trouble for it, even though we were going along with the law.”

She took the photos from Sophia, holding them gently and watching as, just like the Healer said, they weren’t just Muggle photos. Although she stared at the pictures for a moment, she did listen to Sophia’s next words. Avery found that she couldn’t agree more. She couldn’t imagine being in her current situation back at school. She was fairly certain that she would have just run away, regardless of the outcome. But now, she had a career she enjoyed – though she was hardly in the office anymore, what with the pregnancy – and people that she cared about. University had done wonders for her personality and her worldview.

“A year. I can’t believe they changed it to a year. Three years was bad enough, but having to have a kid in a year is even more terrifying, I’m sure. Robin and I – well, I’m pretty sure we forgot about the law for a while. We get along and it’s all fairly well and good, but… It’s one thing to fall for someone. It’s another entirely to be forced into something with someone you don’t feel comfortable with. Hardly a proper environment for children.”

Shaking her head, Avery sat up and set the photos in her lap. “Sorry, I don’t mean to go all into my opinions about these things. Just get very… passionate about it. Comes with knowing someone who is set on making things better, I suppose. My friend with the safe house, I mean. Although I’m pretty set on it, too.”
Avery Bishop
Avery Bishop
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Number of posts : 575

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:06 pm

Sophia was glad that the half breed students now had a place to continue their studies. " Well... In behalf of the half breeds out there, I thank you and your friend for helping. " said Sophia. " I just don't want them to throw away their education just because of this stupid law!"said Sophia honestly. " If I have to step up and teach students like me I'll do it, I don't want to see them toss out the window like a piece of rubbish!"said Sophia angrily. " God knows what next year will hold, but I have a feeling it's not going to be pretty. " said Sophia sighing.

" Well...nat least she let you stay with Robin, at least she had a heart for that!"said Sophia honestly before chuckling. " Ok...that sounded rude, but hey it's the truth!"said Sophia honestly. " I alot people hated her!"said Sophia.

Seeing Avery looked at the the pictures she smiled. " Like them?"Sophia asked her softly. " I honestly like them, I like doing it this way I suggest it every time I do this! " said Sophia honestly. " I think it's better than doing the spell, you can actually see the baby this way. " said Sophia. " Sometimes magic isn't always magical, it's the small things like this that makes things magical!"said Sophia smiling. " I know that might of sounded silly, I'm sorry."said Sophia.

Sophia couldn't agree more with her, this was hardly proper environment for children. "I just think forcing students to get married against their will and have a baby is a bit harsh, I think we should be able to people we love not who thinks we should marry!"said Sophia honestly. " Ok so it turned for some people,but what about the other people out there that are stuck in a marriage that their happy?"Sophia asked her shaking her head. Talking about this always got Sophia upset and angry, luckily her brother Ryo was able to marry Maura. She was glad about that, but some people out there didn't get as lucky as them.

Sophia shook her head. " Oh no I don't mind at all, how about we get out of here and have some coffee downstairs?"Sophia asked her softly. " I'm sure you don't want to sit on that bed any ,longer. " said Sophia honestly.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Bishop Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:40 pm

Avery smiled at the other blonde delicately, unsure how to reply when Sophia thanked her. It had been Keiran's idea from the start, and Millie had pushed him to make sure he managed it. Avery had merely agreed to help. Now, she and Max spent their lunch hour at work pretending they were old friends. In truth, though, they were merely doing what they could to keep an eye on the goings on at the Ministry. It felt wrong to an extent, her decision to practically lie to those she worked with. At the very least, though, Avery could rest assured that her employer would not deny her the chance to help. Rivah was as on board as Keiran or Jack. The three of them were really the ones running the secret program, besides.

"Agreed," Avery admitted quietly. "Whatever happens in the fall, I'm worried our efforts may not be enough. But we are all doing as much as we can, I promise you that."

Sophia, Avery noticed, was impressively friendly compared to most people she met. So when the younger woman started chatting again, Avery just smiled and nodded along. She was not always want for company, but she would not reject the opportunity, either.

"I don't think that's silly at all, actually." She offered in return, loath to make Sophia feel like she ha said something strange. "You might be surprised to hear that I completely agree. I am infinitely grateful for magic and everything that has been accomplished. But I do not think that we should rely on it so heavily. It seems to cause trouble just as much as it helps, these days."

Although she was a bit surprised that Sophia would want to keep talking with her, Avery stood and cradled the photos in her hands as she sent the healer a bemused smile. "I'm not much of a coffee person, in truth. The caffeine probably would not be good for me right now, anyway. But I would be happy to join you!" Glancing at the door, she waited for Sophia to show her where they should go.
Avery Bishop
Avery Bishop
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Number of posts : 575

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum