The Professor And The Potioneer - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Professor And The Potioneer - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Professor And The Potioneer

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Professor And The Potioneer - Page 2 Empty Re: The Professor And The Potioneer

Post by Amelia Cooper Fri May 30, 2014 1:54 am

Amelia wasn't too sure on how to feel. On one hand she felt rude simply casting aside any chance of a relationship, but then Brant seemed to understand? Perhaps they would be more suited as friends, only time would tell but the Professor was grateful that Brant wouldn't be pushing her to have any children.

'Thank you.' Amelia said softly, 'And the villa sounds lovely. It would be nice to perhaps have a family holiday during the summer. You could get to know Hallie and Toby more then?' She added, hoping that by saying this Brant would understand she was accepting him and welcoming him as a part of her life.

Amelia couldn't remember the last time she had a holiday. Of course they had never been abroad, not since her husband passed away over ten years ago, but she'd taken the children for a seaside vacation every now and then. They never were the same. For some reason luck was hardly ever on their side for each time the weather had been atrocious and either Hallie or Toby got into an argument with her because she wouldn't let her adventure-seeking children out of her sight. Of course when Toby went missing this only strengthened and Amelia hadn't taken Hallie on a holiday since. Perhaps this Summer would be different. Maybe a change was needed. A change for good.
Amelia Cooper
Amelia Cooper

Number of posts : 163

Back to top Go down

The Professor And The Potioneer - Page 2 Empty Re: The Professor And The Potioneer

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:59 pm

Brant sat and looked across at her he heard her speak again inside he was relived that she still spoke to him. As she spoke he felt a warmth seem to replace the cold he had for a moment. The mention of the holiday made him nod then he was surprised she included him in it. He felt a smile cross his lips as he smiled at her. “I would truly love to get to know them better.” He said now feeling that even if he couldn't have any children with her knowing her children and growing close to them would be as close as he could get and he would be happy with that. “My cousin has a new boat, maybe if you want that is, we could all go sailing, just around the coast, we could top at a cove some place and picnic, they can swim or sunbathe too if they want.” He suggested.

He stopped for a moment and took a deep breath in as he spoke again. “Sorry If I'm rambling,” he said “I just want things to be perfect, for you and your children.” He told her “I was raised to respect women and be a gentleman, as much as I have been alone in my younger years I have never used women, in any way.” He told her hoping she would understand his hidden meaning. He lent back to let the waitress take his now empty plate and glass. He was glad she was giving him a small chance at more than friendship with her.

“I know this might be too soon but, have you had any thoughts as to where the ceremony will take place?” He asked not sure if she had even thought about the wedding in any detail. “um..what about in Tuscany with your family, just a private ceremony unless you want a big affair?” He asked knowing she probably would just want it over with quickly.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Cooper Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:24 am

Brant appeared to be all for a holiday. Of course it would have to wait until the Hogwarts year was over and Hallie would have to try and get time off of work but Amelia believed it would be so good for the entire family to get to know Brant, especially considering that he was now a part of her life. Hallie would understand, she herself had been partnered in the marriage law but Toby? Amelia wasn't quiet sure where Toby would be with Brant.

'You're parents have raised you well.' Amelia complimented with a sweet smile as she took another bite of her meal and began to chew the salad leaves whilst she thought about Brant's question. Swallowing, Amelia answered.

'In all honesty I haven't thought all that much about it. I didn't really want anything too big because-' Amelia wasn't very open, but for some reason with Brant it was different, she felt as though she could open up more with him. 'I've had a wedding before, to the man I love and I didn't want another big ceremony to try and take the memory of that day away.'

Amelia hoped he would understand. 'Tuscany sounds nice. We could get married and then spend a week or so there on holiday?'
Amelia Cooper
Amelia Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:22 pm

Brant sat and listened to her as she spoke of not wanting to take away the memory of her first marriage. He totally understood how she felt, even if it did cut him each time she spoke of her love for her deceased husband. Cautiously he reached out his hand, hovering his hand over hers for a moment he then gently touch it, resting his hand on top of hers hoping to reassure her and maybe get her use to his touch as he would have to get use to hers. “Amelia, as I said before, I don't want to make you forget him, but to make new happy memories, with your children and if I can be a part of it as....as a special friend, then I accept that, beside how can I even start to win your heart, when an amazing Auror already won it.” He gave her a warm smile.

Feeling her warmth against his hand he slowly moved his hand back unsure if she wanted him to leave it there or if he had over stepped his mark. He could do little but reassure her he was not there to take away from her first husband but to help her stay out of jail for her children and to keep them safe should she need it. “I can arrange that, I know a small chapel, its nice with flowers around the door, we could have the ceremony inside the chapel or out under an arch in the sunlight. He knew it was to be her day not to take away from her first wedding. “Amelia can I ask one thing and only one thing, I'd under stand if you say you will not but...would you consider wearing cream, its not white, I understand you don't want to take away from your husband and I am not asking you to.” He asked gently.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Cooper Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:08 am

Amelia was expected something, anything but the question that Brant had asked with the seriousness that he adopted in his tone. Blinking twice the Professor was stumped for a moment. She hadn't thought about her dress. She'd worn cream at her previous wedding, it didn't really matter to her though, it hadn't back then. A colour was a colour and if wearing cream was important to Brant then she'd wear cream.

'I'll wear cream.' She told him with a smile before taking another forkful of food. 'The only problem is with Italy is that, by law, we need to be married within the next month. I'll have finished working at Hogwarts then for the Summer but it's probably too short notice for Hallie to try and get time off of work and it'd mean everything to me if she was there.'

When Hallie had married Theodore Amelia had been there, she'd helped her through it, watch her daughter marry and now Amelia wanted her daughters support this time. How would Hallie take this? Amelia wasn't too sure, her Father was her Father and couldn't be replaced, but the Mother knew her daughter would understand she was following the law but to have her daughter there at the wedding was important.

'We could marry in England? Then go on a holiday during the Summer to the villa?'

(OOC: Hey, sorry to suddenly suggest a change to the wedding but Amy messaged me with an idea of a thread which involves the whole family that sounds good I'll message you about it now! If you don't like the idea feel free to say Smile )
Amelia Cooper
Amelia Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:48 pm

Brant sat quiet hearing her say she would wear cream, it made him smile but then she spoke again making a suggestion that got him thinking. He thought for a moment about it and He heard the excitement now in her voice as she talked about it. He heard the need to want her daughter there. He didn't have to think twice and smiled at her “Sure, it sounds good, the villa's going no where and family is important.” He told her he was glad she was thinking about it now. Right now he wanted her to be happy and to show her he was willing to do that for her. He thought about it longer and smiled remembering how beautiful Devon could be at this time of year and he liked the thought of having time to be with her and get to know her family. He just hoped they would like him and approve of their match.

Brant looked at Amelia and smiled “To be truthful, I don't mind what color you chose to wear, if I'm aloud to say, you'll look beautiful in any color you choose.” he told her with he hoped a relaxed warm smile.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Cooper Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:51 pm

'Thank you.' Amelia smiled. This past year had been tough for Amelia, yet she'd found herself smiling more than she had since she'd lost Toby, gone without a trace. Perhaps the teaching job at Hogwarts, seeing how strong Hallie was and being reunited with Toby had managed to fill that empty piece that had been missing. She was still the reserved person she always had been, but maybe, just maybe she'd had her dose of heartbreak in her life. Maybe Brant was good, Brant was supposed to help her through the next chapter in her life.

'I'll wear the cream.' She said strongly with another smile trying not to notice his compliment.

'The ministry wants us married within a month,' The Professor reminded herself and Brant, 'So maybe we should try and book a chapel for two weeks? I'll have finished Hogwarts by then and hopefully Hallie will be able to take two days off from work? Unless, that would mess with your schedule?'
Amelia Cooper
Amelia Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:59 pm

Brant saw her smile and it warmed him to see her smile after all she had been through in the past few years. He heard her mention about the ministry’s wishes and he sighed nodding he wished he had more time but it was not to be. “I'll talk to my employer, If there’s a problem I'll owl you, but I don't see that there will be.” He said and smiled at her seeing her smile light up her face adding a beauty to her cheeks that he found enchanting on her. He sipped his drink and wondered how they would get down there. “So do you want me to organise a port key or do you have transportation in mind?” He asked not worried ether way as to how they got there.

He breathed out as he spoke again. “I..I do hope Hallie and I can get along and I hope she knows I'm not replacing her father.” He said softly “But I would like to get to know her better, she sounds a strong, brave young woman, like her mother and father.” He sipped his soda again and noticed the waitress bring over the bill and he smiled placing down some coins. “I hope you don't mind, it was after all my idea to meet here and talk.” he now looked forward to going down to Devon.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Cooper Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:49 pm

'Well, with Hallie being pregnant, I was thinking of seeing about renting a muggle car from somewhere for the weekend. It'd be safer for her to travel that way than floo or portkey.' Amelia replied wisely. She herself had worked for twenty years in the department of magical transportation before acquiring the post at Hogwarts. 'I used to work in the department of magical transportation so it wouldn't be too hard to rent a ministry car.' She added.

Amelia stretched her hand across the table and let it rest on Brant's. Her eyes soft, sincere yet serious as she reassured her husband-to-be. 'Hallie knows.' There was nothing else she needed to see, hopefully Brant would understand he wasn't replacing her Father. For starters it was just a legal matter but if feelings were ever to develop Hallie would know, maybe even be happy for her Mother?

'Are you sure? I brought money?' Amelia asked, opening her purse and reaching in for a handful of gold galleons and silver sickles.
Amelia Cooper
Amelia Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:15 pm

Brant looked across at Amelia and nodded as she explained she worked for the department of magical transportation. " thats a good department." He said as he felt her hand touch his. His shoulders relaxed as he felt the softness of her skin against his. He could not help but turn his hand and hold hers gently as he smiled warmly to her. "Thank you" he said softly he heard her mention the coins and he nodded " I'm sure, My father would never forgive me if I let a lady pay." He told her then gave a small smile " nether would my mother" he added.

Once paid for he took a deep breath in, writing his cell number down he held it out to her, not even sure she would take it from him. " I know, its a thing I picked up from the muggles, its some way other than owl if you or Hallie need me in a hurry." He told her, "You don't have to use it if you don't want to and I'm happy for you to pass it on to Hallie." He knew the brunch was nearing its end and he had enjoyed getting to know her more and looked forward to the trip to Devon even more now.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top