I won't just buy you a rose - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

I won't just buy you a rose - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

I won't just buy you a rose

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I won't just buy you a rose - Page 2 Empty Re: I won't just buy you a rose

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:00 am

Honestly, being a werewolf had not changed Gabby much. It was a thing new werewolves sometimes said, nervously, as though trying to convince themselves of a lie they were already secretly resigned to know otherwise. But, in Gabby's case, not much had much changed. He had never really gotten involved in the politics of it. Sure, he knew some big name wolves, but being wealthy was like having a bullet proof jacket (or, in his case, fur coat.) Mostly, the only difference had been his change in preference for how he took his burgers.

Some wolves never got over the ability to smell. They spent their whole lives driving themselves crazy about the smells all around him. Gabby, however, found that he had adjusted fairly well and rarely got distracted by his ability. However, he has noticed a scent lately that seemed to stir the wolf inside, making his mind trip over itself in an almost panic. This was the second time it had happened, and the first had been on Christmas. He knew it could not be Jack or Max, as he had not smelled it on them. It was not little Sunny because he had interacted with her once before when he had stopped by looking for Max, and it had not been until he saw the other Dyllan girl that he considered it might have something to do with her.

He was not sure what it meant. But he needed to. Very few things bothered him - especially teenage girls.

- - -

The official glanced through his binder and looked up at the two. "Alright, shall we begin? I was asked to keep this as simple as possible so... Ahem. Marriage. Noun. Also called matrimony or wedlock. A socially or ritually recognized union or legal contract between spouses that establishes rights and obligations between them, existing family, and potential offspring. And... well, yes, that's about it. Do you want to say anything?" He looked at Jack who raised an eyebrow, before glancing at Max. His eyes looked over to those on the bench. "Anyone?"

((Sorry, my brain is trashed.))
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Ivanov Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:08 am

Wedlock was such a funny word.

Max spent the majority of the first part of the ceremony considering this. It actually wasn't so bad once the official got talking. Max didn't have to do anything but stand there and pretend to listen, watching Jack's unamused expression out of the corner of his eye. When the official turned to him he shook his head quickly. There were, of course, things Max could have said to Jack but it would have been the completely wrong time and place.

The events of Eis Estate and Christmas Day had propelled the pair much closer than they were used to. Now that they had had several oddly placed moments of friendship (?), going back to being 'just flatmates' was impossible to picture. What had things been like before they knew the others preferences in coffee and music? Positively unbearable (he was sure). Max had an unexpected urge to reach out and take her hand like they had in the lift but he resisted the embarrassing temptation and instead found himself staring at the receding hairline of the official.

No one in the audience spoke, though Charlie's eyebrows were slightly rumpled in confusion. She had never been to a wedding (and was therefore far from an expert) but she hadn't expected it to be like this. She turned from the official to Jack to Melly, searching for some sign that it wasn't just her who found the ceremony cold and painfully informal. Max, on the other hand, didn't seem to mind a bit. He glanced at Jack and a little smile tugged at his lips as he spotted her expression. No, it wasn't exactly the fairy tale wedding every girl dreamed of, but somehow it felt exactly right.
Robin Ivanov

Number of posts : 428

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:01 am

Jack was only afraid for Gabby potentially speaking. She thought he was the only one with the spunk to actually risk making Jack mad by making a scene. Jack glanced back and gave him a quick glare, ensuring that he would indeed stay in his place. He threw his hands up, expelling some breath and she smiled, turning back. Unfortunately, in all of this, Jack forgot that Gabby was not the only one she should truly be worried about.

"Ahem."

Jack slowly turned. Sunny was standing on the bench, a bright yellow piece of paper in her hands, bright red crayon bleeding through the paper. She straightened out the paper and cleared her throat a second time. "I just wanted to say this : I am glad Jack and Max are sort of my parents, because my parents are busy right now, and I'm glad they're done being dumb enough so that we can still be a family. I love you guys a lot, so I'm glad you guys are letting us all stay as a family, so we can all be family."

Jack stared forward, refusing to look back, the smallest of a blush reaching up into her cheeks. She let out a breath before slowly looking back. Sunny dropped onto her bum and stared forward cheerfully. Jack gave her a small smile, and said, "Thank you, Sunny."

She glanced back at the official. "Please continue."

He cleared his throat. "So, uh - sorry, I'm trying to stick your rules and keep this as, as you said, 'not cute' as possible. So, do you agree to be Ms Dyllan's lawful obligation?"

Jack could have smacked her forehead.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

Back to top Go down

Post by Maximus Morrison Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:14 am

Max was startled by the little voice that popped up behind him and he found himself openly staring at the little girl as she spoke. Sunny looked remarkably important standing up at adult height in full yellow glory. The crayon on her paper was the same shade that now covered many of his work files after he had carelessly left them around the house. Max hadn't been sure about children before moving to Layabout and despite the almost constant destruction of his property he had come to really care for the small humans, especially the one who stood up now.

By the second 'family' Max had looked back to Jack, catching the soft expression on her face and responding with a gentle smile of his own. For a moment he recalled his Christmas present (which now sat by his bed) that was inscribed with the very same word. Family. It shouldn't have applied to them - a child, a teenage werewolf, a Ministry man, and a professional troublemaker. Layabout had become the ultimate island of misfit toys but 'family' was the most flattering way to put it.

There were no more offerings from the crowd in the ways of wisdom or congratulations. It wasn't as if they had any couple stories that needed to be shared. No first dates, badly ending group dates, or mistakes that became funny over time for people to humiliate them with during a toast. Instead the 'ceremony' was short and sweet. (Though more of the short and less of the sweet.)

"I do." Max nodded, pleased he had remembered the correct words under such pressure.
Maximus Morrison

Number of posts : 320

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:31 am

Jack would have been mortified, had the gathered not been the company of people she had no reason to worry about. She really only needed to worry if her foes had heard such a cute speech, or someone had heard who wasn't afraid of teasing her. She had a feeling none of them would be too keen to bring up the little speech in the hopes of making her squirm, even Gabby. The knew all too well that when you accused Jack Dyllan of having feelings, bad things happened.

Max agreed, and Jack felt an odd sense of relief. As though he would have been the one to change his mind at the last second. But when the official turned the question on her - "And do you agree to be Mr Morrison's lawful obligation? - she could hear breaths catching behind her. A few in the audience were waiting with baited breath. Apparently, they were all expecting that she would be the naysayer. She supposed she could understand. She was not domestic, in any sense of the word. But if this wasn't really real, then what reason would she have to say no?

It wasn't really real, was it?

"Yeah."

Shit, this was feeling real.

The official closed his binder. "Alright. You may now kiss th-"

"No."

"Okay. Would you follow me to finish up the paperwork?"

Jack looked to Max, as though to say after you, as the official quickly walked into the first room, where all the legalities would be finalized. Jack glanced back at those assembled and gave them all a quick grimace. See, that hadn't been so bad.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Maximus Morrison Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:48 am

Jack responded and Max relaxed a tiny bit. She had scheduled this wedding and clearly needed its protection but he couldn't help but momentarily consider if she would just have turned herself in to the authorities rather than get married. It would have been a very Jack thing to do, especially with how she reacted to her Ministry summons. He was almost surprised she hadn't pulled out the same garment for today. The official continued, promoting a kiss but was almost immediately cut off by Jack, leaving him without time to process or react.

So that was it. Only a few papers to go and they would be legally married. This whole wedding business wasn't nearly as difficult as people made you believe. The official moved out of the room and Max followed him out with a look from Jack. He gave a little wave to Sunny over his shoulder as he exited and felt the corners of his lips tug up in a little smile. They were safe.

Once out of earshot from the main group (and far enough behind the official), Max turned to his almost-wife. "You okay still?" he asked lightly, only half kidding. He was rather impressed that she had not ran, no one had been hexed, or she hadn't yelled at anyone. While by normal standards the wedding wasn't 'cute', by Max Morrison's Dyllan standards it deserved a gold star of success. Now they only had to get through the rest of their lives.. that should be the easy part.
Maximus Morrison

Number of posts : 320

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:47 am

Jack glanced at Max and the two of them fell into step behind the official, arms swinging side by side. She did not glance behind her, not after the last look, because she knew that they would all be looking differently at the two of them. They were no longer following the official as two individuals - they were officially a pair. Everything they did from now on would not seem as innocent as two roommates hanging out. Everything would have meaning attached to it.

They strode out of the room and Gabby stood, stretching his back before turning to gaze upon those congregated. He gave an exaggerated start. "I can't tell whether or not to be pleased. I'm surrounded by beautiful young ladies. However, half of them are related to The Queen of Fire and Ice - actually all of them are. I'm horridly outnumbered." He gave them all a cheeky smile. This marriage was going to exponentially multiply his enjoyment, he could feel it.

The official stepped into a room, and Max posed a question. Jack glanced up at him, before giving him her best Jack-smile, gull of spitfire and mischief. "Aren't I always?" She paused, before a spark edge in her eyes. "I suppose there are worse things that being married to you. Dementors, for example." She smiled and then nudged him with her elbow, before slipping into the room.

The official was laying out the document. The Document. A pen lay next to it. She stepped forward and picked up the pen, quickly scanning the paper, before she reached out and scribbled the name : Jaquellene Dyllan-Morrison.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum