The Burden of Information - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Burden of Information - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Burden of Information

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Burden of Information - Page 2 Empty Re: The Burden of Information

Post by Oliver Olawale Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:29 am

Jude slipped the potion carefully into his pocket and inclined his head, responding with a curt, "I think I can manage to secure that information." Naturally he and Elijah preferred to wipe out any snitches as quickly as possible, as they had the most to lose from the affiliation with the Death Eaters, and yet they brought one of the most important contributions with their hands in the government. Anyone willing to rat once would rat twice, and that was not a risk to be taken lightly.

He was not sure he would need the Veritaserum as they had access to any and all Ministry intelligence, really, but he was certain it would come in handy sometime. He stood. "I won't intrude any longer, but I'll get right to that business. Thank you and, once again, my condolences."
Oliver Olawale
Oliver Olawale
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 210
Special Abilities : Leglimancy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleksa Carlevaro Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:09 am

"Gryffindors are lame though."

"No they aren't. You always say you'd never be seen with one because they are right?"

"Yeah. So?"

"Well, then that means they aren't. Because you're with one right now."

"Well played Dami. Well played."

Raine and her sister Damitrius laughed as they walked down from their rooms toward the kitchen. Raine wasn't really looking to get any food, she just wanted a drink. She wasn't sure what Damitrius wanted but the girl was walking down with her. They'd been arguing over whether Gryffindors were dumb or if they were cool.

Normally, had it been anyone else, Raine would have already tried to hex the girl for contradicting her. But it was Damitrius and she couldn't do anything that drastic to her sister. Mostly because Damitrius was older and she didn't feel like fighting with a girl who was older and most likely stronger than her. But a small somewhat friendly argument never hurt anyone, right?

As they approached the kitchen, Raine heard talking coming from her father's office not too far away. It caught her interest and she looked at Damitrius who apparently hadn't heard anything at all. "I'll be back Dami." The older girl looked at her sister and shrugged. "Okay."

Raine walked over just as a man left her father's office and she poked her head in. He didn't seem all that pleased. "Is everything alright Daddy?" she asked.
Aleksa Carlevaro
Aleksa Carlevaro
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 357
Special Abilities : Metamorphagus

http://khandvampireknight.forumsmotions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorcan D'Eath Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:47 pm

When Shaw left, Lorcan had looked up to see, through the large leaded glass windows, the garden courtyard beyond. It was beautiful this time of year, and Zada had done her duties as his consort well. She had hired landscapers who had replaced the neglected and dead trees and plants with new trees, and lush new flowerbeds, a fountain with brightly colored koi fish, lovely outdoor furniture, exquisite magical nighttime lighting, windchimes, and peaceful décor largely made from jewel toned colored glass and semiprecious stones. It had a very Zen feel about it. It had become one of Lorcan's favorite spot in the entire estate.

It had been there, out in the garden courtyard, where he had last seen or spoken to Alexis. She had been delighted by the addition of the koi. The artist in her had loved the flashing brilliant colors as the fish swam in the fountain, with the light sparkling off their shimmering scales.

Had it really only been this morning? Or had it been longer than that? But she had been sketching. Or, rather, finishing a sketch. He remembered her large sketch pad and her sketching pencils, her watercolor pencils, all scattered about her, and her intense dedication to finishing the sketch.

He remembered her little girl excitement when she said it was almost finished and she had been determined to finish it that morning. He loved her work, but that morning, when he had asked to see what she was working on, she had become secret and had drawn the sketchpad up to her chest, her bright smile flashing across her face with childlike excitement.

"Noooo! It's a surprise, Daddy!" she beamed.

"Is that for me, then?" he'd asked hopefully. He had yet to get one of her sketches. It had been a bit of running banter between them. He had asked for every sketch he'd seen her work on, and her response had always been that when she did a sketch for him,she wanted it to be the sketch of a lifetime.

"Is everything alright, Daddy?" the voice called from the doorway. Alexis. So Shaw had been wrong. It had been a lie. She was home where she belonged.

"Ale..." he turned and then stopped short. It wasnt' Alexis. It was one of his other beautiful daughters--Raine. He might not have been a decent father when his children had been small, but he truly delighted in them now. "Raine," he smiled. "I'm sorry. I was..preoccupied, my dear."

He felt like his mind was blank, and that was rare. Lorcan was usually able to pull himself together, to always look like he was in control. But how? How was he supposed to tell his children that their sister had been murdered by Jack Dyllan? And Raine was so much like him that he already knew that her rage would burn hot, like an unquenchable fire. The best he could hope for was to try to keep her from going over the top with it. He did not want to have to bury two daughters.

"Come in," he said quietly. "We need to talk. Its important. Tell me, Raine, how much do you trust me to take care of this family? Of you and your siblings, no matter what? Be honest."
Lorcan D'Eath
Lorcan D'Eath
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 132
Special Abilities : Alchemist, Metamorphagus
Occupation : Potionsmaster, Leader of Death Eaters, Owner of Slugs and Jiggers & Borgin and Burkes

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleksa Carlevaro Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:12 pm

Raine entered the room, feeling a bit confused by her father's question. She immediately felt like something was wrong and her body tensed a bit as she sat down in a chair opposite of where he sat. She felt like when she was younger and got in trouble, waiting for some type of punishment to come.

How much did she trust him? Trust him to take care of her and her siblings? "I'd trust you with my life." she stated. "We all would." The Slytherin added shortly after. Her head tilted to the side as she looked at her father.

Where was this coming from? Had something happened that she didn't know about? That man... The one who had been with her father only moments before she had entered the room, had he done something to upset him? She blinked a couple of times, her grey-green eyes beginning to fill with worry, a sight that wasn't usual of Raine.

"Is something wrong?" She asked, leaning forward in her seat.

Had she done something wrong? Or one of her siblings? Damitrius, Damien... Alexis? Raine bit the inside of her lip slightly, wondering what was bothering her father.
Aleksa Carlevaro
Aleksa Carlevaro
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorcan D'Eath Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:31 pm

Words. Where were the words? He was usually so eloquent, but now when he particularly needed just the right words, there simply didn't seem to be any at all.

Lucius, had this been his problem, would likely have called in the family, and simply blurted it out with as much warmth as a dead mackerel and have expected everyone else to pull themselves up and march on. There had been a time when Lorcan could have done that himself. There was something, though, about having his children in his house, and a woman who had become more than a one night stand that was melting some of that ice--or at least where his family was concerned.

And so the words had failed him. It was the other side of the sword, apparently. He could be a bastard and be very smooth and eloquent. Or he could start to care and then find himself unprepared and speechless. Damn. Where was the middle ground?

"This isn't easy," he said to her, suddenly aware of a bit of awkward silence that had come between them. "I'm sorry. This isn't the way things are supposed to be. But..." he breathed in. 'Just say it, Idiot!', he thought. "there's been a death in the family--just moments ago. One of your sisters..is gone. I'm sorry. Alexis is gone."
Lorcan D'Eath
Lorcan D'Eath
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Occupation : Potionsmaster, Leader of Death Eaters, Owner of Slugs and Jiggers & Borgin and Burkes

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleksa Carlevaro Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:41 pm

Death.

Raine felt her body tense up again at the sound of that word. Death in the family... In their family? No... That couldn't be. No one in their family was dead. Everyone was there, everyone was home. She had seen everyone just a couple of hours ago. There was no way one of them could have died in only a few hours. Who wasn't there?

Raine tried to think, but when she heard the name of the one who had died, her mind went blank. "S-she... what...?" Were the only words she could muster as the news sank in. Alexis. The sister who she'd grown so close to. The one who always cared about her, who had finally just gained Damitrius' trust again... She was gone?

No. That just couldn't be.

"She can't... Not Alexis." Tears sprang to her eyes and she tried to hold them back. Raine had never cried in front of anyone, not her father, not even Alexis. Why couldn't this have waited until she was in her room where no one would hear her? Sorrow suddenly turned into anger as the tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Who?" she asked. "Who did it?" The anger that flowed through her was clear in her eyes now. She wanted to know. She needed to.
Aleksa Carlevaro
Aleksa Carlevaro
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorcan D'Eath Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:12 pm

He needed to stall. He didn't want that raw rage racing out of the house to go do something stupid. He understood her need to know. He had a lot of questions himself. He refused, however, to be put into a situation where he might be burying two of his daughters. That, right now, was superceding his obligation to answer her questions.

"I only just found out myself," he said quietly. "The man who was here came to notify me. I don't have all the answers yet. I have, pretty much, only questions. I am investigating, though. I prefer not to take action against anyone except the person or persons that were directly responsible."

He paused, intending to shut up right there, but then the words finally came--or a burst of the anyway. "But when I do know, I will send a message to them that they will have to live with for the rest of their lives. If we're going to have to live the rest of our lives without her, then they're going to live the rest of theirs regretting it. That I do promise you, if it takes me every galleon I have."

He was quiet for a moment, reeling in his rage, or trying to. "But what I won't sacrifice is you," he said. "I've been a fairly decent fellow so far, but that's just run out. People are about to find out what a bastard I can really be."

He looked at his lovely daughter. This was not what she probably wanted to hear. He sighed. "I'm sorry. You don't need to hear my anger. Just trust me when I say I won't let this go."
Lorcan D'Eath
Lorcan D'Eath
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleksa Carlevaro Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:56 pm

"She's really gone...?" Raine asked. She just couldn't believe that her older sister was really gone. What had she done to deserve to die? Nothing, she didn't deserve to die. It was just... an accident. Yeah, that was what she would continue telling herself. It was an accident.

Until a guilty party was found she was just going to say it had all been an accident.

That didn't do much to keep her anger down though. She wanted to find someone who was at fault. But really all she wanted was to know that Alexis was still alive. She wanted her sister. From what her father said, she knew that he most likely wouldn't want her to get too involved in this matter. At least not yet, but that wouldn't exactly stop her.

"I want to help Daddy." she said. "Please let me." she added softly.
Aleksa Carlevaro
Aleksa Carlevaro
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorcan D'Eath Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:59 pm

"Hard to believe, isn't it?" Lorcan asked quietly. "But, yeah. She's gone."

He listened to Raine ask to help. He knew she wouldn't be satisfied unless she had some part in the resolution to this. He far more expected her to act on her own. Since she was asking, though, he thought it better to allow her to help. At least that way, he could try to protect her.

"You're sure you want to help. I can see that," he said. "Alright. So be it. But we need to do first things first. We owe it to Alexis to take care of her first and to take care of our family first. The outside business can wait a few days. Not long. Just a few days. Then, when we're ready to act, what I would prefer is to have you work alongside me. Alistair used to do that, but he's not here to do that right now. So, I think you should take his place in this matter. Any objections?"
Lorcan D'Eath
Lorcan D'Eath
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleksa Carlevaro Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:48 am

She's gone.

The words repeated in her head, overlapping each other as each time it was said it was said faster. Tears stung her eyes once more but this time she was able to hold them back, having more anger in her than sorrow now.

She looked at her father as he explained what she could do. She would be taking her older brother's place in working alongside their father for a while, since he was not there to maintain his position. Raine shook her head, "None Daddy." she said softly.

Her voice had suddenly gotten quieter and she didn't quite understand why it was like that. She brought her hand up to her throat for a moment before dropping it again, seeing as how there was nothing she could do.
Aleksa Carlevaro
Aleksa Carlevaro
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top