Vacation Plot XD - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Vacation Plot XD - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Vacation Plot XD

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vacation Plot XD - Page 4 Empty Re: Vacation Plot XD

Post by Frank Longbottom Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:38 pm

That actually could work because a friend of Addie and I is about to make a character we want to pair with Adrienne xD 

I'll be back the 25th. Addie and our friend George's character can both drive so maybe Addie starts it at the airport? Since they're students they can't legally apparate so most of them would have to go by plane.
Frank Longbottom
Frank Longbottom
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 184

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:06 pm

Yes. Yes. Yes. Kiera, you brilliant gal, you. The betting pools! I love it! We (and our charries) could have soooo much fun with that! Besides, I just really wanna see how they react when Viv and Zane find out their schoolmates are mentally pairing them together. XP

Addie starting at the airport does make sense. I feel obligated to ask though... can one Floo over large distances? If so, a few of them may go for that option. Or one could buy a portkey, I guess? Just wanted to throw alternatives out there.

I'm undecided on travel method myself. Viv would either absolutely adore, or completely despise airplanes. Thoughts guys?
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 1004

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Longbottom Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:08 am

Zane isn't going to like the plane idea but he's gonna do it because Percy (that's the name of George's to-be Charrie I'm told!) and Addie are going that way. I'm pretty sure you have to portkey long distances, because you have to know the address and everything for the floo you know? So I'm not sure. Maybe someone has a grad student or parent apparate them (ouch. Pretty sure that would be a problem)

XD oh yeah. This is going to be crazy. Addie is flying back tonight apparently so she can't post anything until tomorrow. But is graduation over so we can start?
Frank Longbottom
Frank Longbottom
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Reid Dixon Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:46 am

Thanks Kitty *blush blush* We can have bucketloads of fun with this.....

I vote airport, because a downright BRILLIANT idea had struck my mind by which I can force Reid to tag along. Which was proving to be a trouble, until now. It can work better if Zane's already at the airport though.... Razz

I think its fine if we start, even if graduation isnt over, 'coz its not necessary that we have to follow a strict timeline here. Many of my character's threads (like Albus) overlap, and mess around with present and past since threads don't finish in time, and I end up having multiple threads with the same characters. As long as we remember that IC, the trip is supposed to happen after graduation, then it should be fine. Only if you guys want to XD
Reid Dixon
Reid Dixon

Number of posts : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Longbottom Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:24 am

As soon as Addie gets home and George posts his Charrie we'll have everyone around. I fly home tomorrow morning. George is planning on posting the application tomorrow and joining the thread when he gets accepted. For now, know that Zane will be at the airport with Adrienne and Percy. I'll also post pictures here and there Smile

Other thing: do y'all want me to put in stuff I learned/saw on the trip? As extra things that happen? I don't have to if you guys feel like just winging it. Might be more entertaining. It's whatever.
Frank Longbottom
Frank Longbottom
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:46 pm

On the topic of travel, I do agree that airplane would be incredibly entertaining. However, I just can't see Viv flying. So, I figure everyone else can go that way, and she can portkey. Just because I don't want to miss out on fun threading, I'm going to say that there's a "portkey point" at the airport, hidden from muggles and all like Diagon is. It might also make sense for there to be wizarding check in/security lines, because many wizards wouldn't have passports and stuff.

In my mind, the "portkey point/shop" would work something like this. Wizards pay to get a portkey created for them, sign some paperwork, and off they go. For my own convenience, I'm going to place it in the same gate as your plane. Just so she can chat, and then split off when it's time for you all to board. As a side note, I'm pretty sure it's not possible to apperate over such long distances, especially side-along.

So that's my head-cannon. Figured I'd share. Oh, and lets start as soon as you lovely people get home! Because this is gonna be So Much Fun!
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Declan Arryn Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:58 pm

*pokes head in* Ello, all. I'm George. I'm working on my application currently. I was chatting with John and Addie - friends from an old site - and they said they were having a plot to Greece. That's when I told them about a British-Greek muggleborn I have been working on. Seemed almost too perfect! Addie and I have talked about our characters trying out a relationship - either at the end of this plot or after. Seeing as you all want to have the bets involved, it could happen towards the end/middle. 

Let's see.. Um, Percy grew up in Greece before moving to England when he was 9.. Only wizard in his family even though his older brother is a muggle.. His full name is Perseus (pronounced Per-Say-oos, like the actual Greek name) Costas Vlemma. Costas is one of the most popular greek names. Usually, the first son is named after his Grandfather, his middle name is his father's name, and then you have their last name. However, he has an older brother, so he only took his father's name as his middle name, and his parents chose Perseus. But nobody says it properly so he goes by Perce or Percy. His grandparents still live in Ia on Santorini so the students would have a place to stay. His playby is Jake Abel. Oh, and he can drive so if we need anyone, Percy can drive and Addie can switch off as well. Or they could have someone drive a bit so they aren't always driving. It's really up to you lot.

For those of you who don't know, I'm Greek by heritage, not by residence. George is the most popular name in Greece apparently. I know almost all the myths behind the ruins and the culture - though John and Addie and anyone else whose been could obviously help. So.. I don't want to say I'm your expert or anything, but I'll gladly answer any questions about the plot or anything... I don't think you lot have any necessarily, just offering. 

I hope it's alright that I'm posting here and jumping in, but I have been wanting to join the site for a while now and finally had the time!

Last edited by Percy Vlemma on Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Declan Arryn
Declan Arryn
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 480

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:34 pm

Hello George, nice to meet ya! I'm Kitty and I have four characters here on PA. This is Vivianna (Viv/Vivi), and she will be the one I have going on this vacation. My other charries are Katrina-Carlotta Du Hunt, Rivah Trenton, and Topy Cooper. You might see them around.

Just for a bit of background, Viv is close to Zane, hates Reid, it is pretty much neutral to everyone else. I'll let you know if she and Percy will get along as soon as you get his app up. Just an fyi, she will adore his name and probably insist upon calling him Perseus. While Viv knows very very little about Greece (it'll be fun having her be the clueless one for once), she does know a little about the Greek legends and are fascinated by them. She's not exactly the most friendly person, but she won't have a problem with him being a muggleborn at least.

Finally, I'm glad George will be joining us in this vacation plot, and welcome to PA! Smile (If you ever have any questions, I'm always around to ask. I figure you'll be good though, since you're acquainted with the brains behind Zane and Addie.)
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Hallie Cooper Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:16 pm

Oh reading this makes me want to abandon the whole Bertie doing underage magic and have him go on the trip he would love it so much. He could write a story based upon Greek mythology then or maybe just about the trip in general.
Speaking of Bertie I will reply to the lake thread now Viv!
Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 927
Special Abilities : Non-Verbal Magic, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Longbottom Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:26 am

Haha, it would be fun to read about Bertie going somewhere! He could organize a trip for the third years! That would no doubt be entertaining Smile

George! Very Happy get your app up! I want to see! 
Viv- he wouldn't give me any spoilers >.< haha. But I sort of think he's supposed to be a Gryffindor.
I'll be on a plane in about four hours, and as soon as jet lag stops making me want to pass out for a nap I'll ba back to posting regularly.
Frank Longbottom
Frank Longbottom
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top