Ravenclaw Rendezvous - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Ravenclaw Rendezvous  - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Ravenclaw Rendezvous

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ravenclaw Rendezvous  - Page 2 Empty Re: Ravenclaw Rendezvous

Post by Guest Sun May 19, 2013 5:33 pm

Bertie looked preplexed. Nogard? Nobody ever called him Nogard, not that he knew of anyway. The majority of his friends called him Bertie. In fact all of his friends called him Bertie. It wasn't hard to remember, you just think of Bertie Botts every flavour beans, but then again Nogard was a rather unique name so probably more memorable. Gosh he disliked his surname. The word 'Nogard' came out of the mouth comically too. Nog-ard. He'd much prefer Vivianna's surname: Varnes.

'Umm hi.' He replied unsure whether or not he wanted to get into conversation with the girl. 'You can just call me Bertie.' Politely adding hoping that it would suggest that he wasn't fond of his surname. 'Its Valerie isn't it?' Bertie wasn't the best at talking to people he didn't know, more worse with boys than girls, but he guessed it was only polite to check her name in response. Who knows, perhaps he would make a new friend.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie Dubois Mon May 20, 2013 11:26 am

Valerie relaxed a bit, thankfully the boy had replied her. She admitted it that must be rather shocking to suddenly come to a person like that, but then she couldn't think of other way to communicate with the people she didn't know other than asking weather at tea party and complimenting how good they look at a ball, which really not suitable at this situation.

She nodded at the mention of her name "Ah, yes I am. It's a pleasure to meet you Bertie." Valerie spoke to the boy while looking straight into his eyes, because it was the way of showing that she gave them her full attention. Then she showed her full of writing note about the confusion concoction to the third year student.

"I assume that you're a third year, am I right? are you familiar with this potion?" Valerie's voice little softened this time, in a few moments she was worried that she might be too straight forward toward him. But almost anything, included few words of courtesy she rarely used, will be forgotten when in come to potion.

(OOC : nope, it's not problem at all Very Happy )
Valerie Dubois
Valerie Dubois

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 21, 2013 1:34 am

Bertie blinked, thinking for a moment about the unexpected question. It appeared to be the instructions for a confusing and befuddlement draught. Bertie had heard of the potion although it was a typically a fourth year potion. He knew the effects, the ingredients and how to brew it the only problem was he hadn't in fact created such a concoction. Vivianna Varnes, a fifth year Slytherin who was more a sister than anything else to Bertie would know the answer.

'I umm- sort of.' He replied, unsure how to go about the situation. If he said he knew about it then Valerie may expect him to help her brew, which wouldn't be an issue apart from the fact that it would be his first time and if it was for a homework assignment he wouldn't want to be the cause of a dip in her grades. On the other hand if he said no she may think of him as a bit of a dimwit, plus it would be lying.

'Why do you ask?' This wasn't spoken in a rude, bothered tone it had a curious quality, inviting Valerie to explain. His eyes were round and his fingers interlocking neatly in front of him. If Bertie knew why she wanted to know this he could provide a much better answer.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie Dubois Tue May 21, 2013 8:33 am

"Well..." Valerie inhaled the air slightly before walked toward the wooden chair near them. Before that she felt hesitated to ask help from him, it was not polite to suddenly asking help from someone she just know. But after hearing his reply from his tone she felt relieved because she knew that he didn't get disturbed by this and he seemed pretty interested to this matter.

"I want to brew a few of the confusing and befuddlement draughts tomorrow," Valerie said as she sat down on the chair, eyes set to Bertie again "but you see... I lack some of the ingredients. they are lovage and scurvy grass. And I admit that I don't know where I can find those." Valerie felt her brows curled as to express her embarrassment. Someone who wanted to be a potion master must know where to find the ingredients for their potion, but sadly she failed at that this time. "Do you know where to find it in Hogwarts? I would be really thankful if you can bring me to those ingredients- if you don't mind of course." She gestured her hand at Bertie to sit down beside her.

"The confusing concoction it self was one of the materials I need for my experiment." Valerie babbled as she took out some other notes from her robe, her lips formed a little smile. Talking about potion really had made her felt excited.
Valerie Dubois
Valerie Dubois

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 27, 2013 8:30 pm

Bertie nodded. He wasn't one hundred percent sure on the whole potion that she was going to brew as it was typically a fourth year and the fact she was experimenting mean't that the potion could become even more complicated if her were to help. Not wanting to pass up the chance to learn he replied: 'I know someone who can help us. She is a terrific potioneer.'

The girl he was thinking of was Vivianna Varnes. Fifth year Slytherin. To Bertie she wasn't your typical Slytherin they had been good friends ever since his first week at Hogwarts and she had helped him out when he had gotten lost. They were like glue, one together it was hard to tear them apart. Most people would say they were like brother and sister - they certainly thought of each other in that way, especially seeing as Bertie is an only child.

'We could go and find her if you like? There will be no potions classes on now so we can use all the supplies.' Not sure if they was actually allowed it couldn't hurt. Plus if the Professor caught the three of them then they would just say they were practicing for their exams, after all they did have practical exams. Either that or they could use Moaning Myrtle's bathroom. Nobody ever went in there, especially not professors. Rising from the seat with a smile the young Ravenclaw turned and headed out of the common room, the words 'Come with me.' escaping his mouth as he did so.

(OOC: If you want to make the potion with Vivianna and I then I am sure she would be open to starting a thread with us Smile)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top