Speaking Gibberish - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Speaking Gibberish - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Speaking Gibberish

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Speaking Gibberish - Page 2 Empty Re: Speaking Gibberish

Post by Isobel Blake Mon May 06, 2013 11:45 pm

Izzie froze as the other girl spoke, and nodded her head slightly, watching the girl with an unreadable expression, as though she were trying very hard to keep her expression neutral. She felt sorry for the girl, even though she tried not to show it, for she knew that wouldn't help the situation in the least. Her eyes darted towards the ground, her eyes widening as she looked ashamed. "I'm sorry if I made it sound like I thought I understood you, of course I was just acting mean.." She looked up at her again with a small smile.

Suddenly Izzie grinned and pointed at her. "But see there it is! That's exactly what I meant! You're prepared! And being prepared means ambition!" Izzie put her hands on her hips and grinned widely. "And of course, I'd rather you not be like me, because I'm me, and you're you. Wouldn't have it any other way, but hey! I see that I should probably be more prepared, and learning things that are normal could be unusual, and you might learn that sometimes you need to not take things so seriously.." Izzie grinned again before growing seriously.

"The world doesn't blow up under your feet, it feels like it sometimes.. and I know the feeling believe me, but if you are prepared, then it'll be easier.. I'm prepared for something to attack me, and I could stalk someone for days even if they wanted to stay hidden.. that's my own type of prepared though, and it's a bit more.. of a um.. naive way of looking at it, but that's my life.." She grinned again and shrugged. "Who knows, maybe I'll put it to good use, but I bet your experiences make you very smart! In fact I'm positive you are very smart! Much smarter than anyone else I know, because you know how to live... And a lot of people forget to do that, I like you, what's your name?"
Isobel Blake
Isobel Blake

Number of posts : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Tue May 07, 2013 12:41 am

The younger girl was incredibly frustrated, this Gryffindor was the perfect combination of traits that she liked and respected, and traits that annoyed her to no end. Figuring at this point there was no harm in tell the blond this, Vivianna let out a sigh before saying, "glad you like me, good to know. It's Vivianna Varnes, fifth year," here the teen paused in her speech for another sigh, "you know, I would love to return the complement, but right now I'm still in the process of deciding if I like or hate you."

"I dislike when people are naïve and don't live in reality, but it's different when you're fully aware of what you're doing and still choose to. So I guess, I'm glad you are annoying like you are as well. If everyone was like me, the world would be a very... interesting place," the Slytherin admitted after a few moments of almost painful silence.

"So what's your name?" the redhead asked, "for when I decide I hate you and want to send a cursed letter or two your way. Or, you know, so I can stop calling you the annoying blonde in my head."
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 1004

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobel Blake Tue May 07, 2013 3:29 am

Izzie grinned when she finally found out the Slytherin Girl's name. "Vivianna.. that's a mouthful, don't have any shorter names? Can I call you Viv, or maybe just Vi! Like.. V-I. Not just the letter, but V-I, the first two letters of your name." Izzie grinned again before growing serious as she spoke.

"Yeah, actually I get that a lot.. even people in Hufflepuff can't tell whether they like or hate me, so it's fine, I don't stay in one place very often and friends hasn't been one of my top priorities in school. I mostly take advantage of the library here." Izzie realized she was going off on an unrelated subject and quickly went quiet, her face a bit read. "Name's Isobel Alison Blake, but most people just call me Izzie, but if you really want to, you can call me Iz, I kinda like Iz, it's like the word is, not like I-S, but I-Z.. much more interesting when you add a strange letter to the mix."

Izzie grinned and shrugged. "Cursed letters are always fun, I'll be careful to watch my mail though, wouldn't want to start growing antlers in the middle of the Great Hall, though that would be pretty interesting.." Izzie went silent for a moment, contemplating before shrugging and leaning against the wall again.

[OOC: That strange moment you find out something new about your character... I just started her so I'm learning who she is.. and apparently she talks a lot.. huh, who knew? XD]
Isobel Blake
Isobel Blake

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Tue May 07, 2013 4:33 pm

"You can call me Viv, there a couple of people who do that," the Slytherin relented after a moment, "you could call me Vi if you really had too, but I've got enough nicknames, and I just picked up another one not too long ago."

"That's alright, I get my fair share of that too. In accordance to my housemate, they only like me when I'm in a good mood, when I'm in a bad mood they tend to stay as far away as possible," Vivianna informed her fellow student wryly.

"I'm definitely calling you Iz, that's far better than Izzie. Offence completely intended there. I suppose I might call you Blake on occasion too, if you're pissing me off too much," the redhead informed the lion. "I'm almost insulted you know, if I ever sent you a cursed letter, it would be something loads better than antlers," the teenager added, almost as an afterthought.

((OOC: I love those moments! I still get them on occasion too.))
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobel Blake Tue May 07, 2013 6:56 pm

Izzie grinned at Vi when she related to letting her call her by a shorter name. Had to admit, it almost felt like she had a friend. Nicknames weren't something she normally gave to other people, but Vivianna was such a long name to have to say repeatedly, so Vi worked wonders. "Right, Vi it is then!"

"Bah, don't worry about your housemates.. they're probably only thinking about themselves anyway, not that there is anything wrong about thinking with yourself, but sometimes it's better to be left alone when you're in a bad mood, I know that's how I feel!" Izzie grinned again before stretching her arms above her head. She wasn't usually one for extended conversation, or if it was extended, it was all about her and not someone else, but Vi interested her, so she'd continue the conversation for a while.

"Well tell me what you might send in a cursed letter? I've never sent one myself, I guess my imagination is a bit rusty." She grinned and leaned back against the wall, crossing one leg over the other comically and looking at her as though she were about to take notes, holding her hand up as though she had an invisible quill. "Please, teach me your ways!"
Isobel Blake
Isobel Blake

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Fri May 10, 2013 4:56 pm

"I don't worry about by housemates, it's more amusing than anything else. Of course I want to be left alone when I'm in a bad mood. Last time I check it's gained me quite the reputation in the dungeons," Vivianna told her companion, tone clearly amused. The teenager had decided to just ignore the new nickname given to her by the other female, because of course the Gryffindor would create yet another name fore her.

"I've only sent a cursed letter once," the Slytherin admitted with a sly grin. "My cousin doesn't go to Hogwarts, so we correspond through letters. He kept calling me this nickname I wasn't fond of, so I sent him a letter that made him bald when he used the nickname. His sister got pictures," the witch ended her tale with a satisfied sigh. She still had those pictures somewhere.
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobel Blake Thu May 16, 2013 3:55 pm

Reputations were something Izzie wasn't quite sure she understood. A reputation was how you were viewed based upon other people's view of you, and if that was truly what it was about, it seemed stupid and silly to care about a reputation in Izzie's eyes. Sure there were benefits to having one, but if Izzie had one, she had no idea. "So your reputation is for others to stay away from you when you're in a bad mood? What if your reputation changes to everyone staying away from you all the time.. that would be pretty lonely."

Izzie frowned for a moment before shrugging and listening with great interest to the trick she had played on her cousin. "Made him bald!? That's pretty awesome! How do you do that anyway? Is it a trick with enchanting the paper, or like.. the ink? I can imagine it might be hard to send cursed letters around Hogwarts, owls could probably tell and freak out about it.. so you'd have to hide it under something else, something pretty, but then again, it's not like the letter itself caused it, it was only when he spoke the nickname he lost his hair.. hmm..." Izzie wandered off into silence for a moment before shaking her head.

"I've never sent a cursed letter, I guess I just try not to let what people say get to me, then again most of the time I never stick around long enough to actually HEAR what other people say, I prefer exploring and wandering around stuff to having to talk to people I may not necessarily like, but you're cool, I enjoy talking to you." Izzie grinned again before looking at the portrait. "Hmm.. you've been quiet a while."
Isobel Blake
Isobel Blake

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Wed May 22, 2013 9:22 pm

"And that is why you're a Gryffindor and not a Slytherin, reputations can be useful," the redhead teased lightly. The other girl had commented on her reputation, and how such a thing might one-day make her lonely. Iz didn't understand that most people usually did stay away from her, unless she didn't want them too, or if they were elder snakes. The witch couldn't complain, she spent time with those she wished to, and most everyone else left her alone. Well, except for the odd few, like Blake.

"It wasn't too hard, just a potion with a trigger charm. Brew a balding potion, cast a trigger charm with the nickname, soak the parchment in the stuff, and be ridiculously careful not to touch it. It's one of the few potions that absorbs through the skin, as soon a you touch it it's pretty much in your system," Vivianna was well aware that her plan had been complex, not nearly as easy as she was making it out to be, but having a mind for potions had its perks.

Turning her head and voice softening slightly, the teen added, "I always listen to what people say. I agree, you can't let anything get to you, but I've always thought listening important." The student paused briefly before adding, "I enjoy wandering as well, and I do have to admit that you're one of the more tolerable Gryffindors I've met."
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top