One of the furies
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

One of the furies Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

One of the furies

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

One of the furies Empty One of the furies

Post by Wilhelmina Abercrombie Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:24 am

Wally liked to unwind by coming down to the duelling arena and decapitating the dummies that the school had provided for them. She was dressed in yoga pants and a loose shirt so as to provide optimum movement. She had started off with hand combat - she liked to keep in practice - and was finally winding down enough to actually move on to duelling with magic. Why she needed to practice? Well... she didn't.

She just liked hitting things.

She paused and went over to her duffel bag, reaching down for a cloth. She wiped her brow and unscrewed the cap off of a water bottle. She drank it and then set it aside, looking around. She had made sure to reserve a lane on a day no one else had reserved a spot - she liked going at it with no reservations.

She straightened up and cracked the joints in her neck before pointing her wand at the dummy.

Two minutes later, she began carefully putting the dummy back together.
Wilhelmina Abercrombie
Wilhelmina Abercrombie
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 215

Back to top Go down

One of the furies Empty Re: One of the furies

Post by Brian Sullivan Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:46 am

Brian found himself on the way to his common room after a day out at the Quidditch Pitch. He was in a great mood, it was noticeable by the pep in his step, and the fact that he was whistling a happy song. He had his quidditch gear over his shoulder and he was wearing a pair of shorts and a dirty, sweaty, t-shirt. His hair was a mess, which was actually pretty normal for him, he always wore it kind of messy.

A noise caught his attention and he passed by a room with a rather attractive younger girl inside. Brian passed by the room, stopped, and then walked backwards and peeked his head inside. He was in a good mood and he felt on top of the world, so he decided he would stop and give her a little bit of the ol Brian Sullivan charm.

He pulled his quidditch gear off his shoulder and he tossed it to the ground as he walked in. "I wouldn't want to run into you in a dark alley." Brian said with a smirk as he approached her, stopping a few feet away, and looking at all of the dummies she was putting back together. "Actually, I don't think I would mind it too much."
Brian Sullivan
Brian Sullivan
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 279

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilhelmina Abercrombie Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:10 am

Wally quickly reattached the head and left arm of the dummy and mounted it back on its stand at the end of the lane. As she did, she looked down at the ground and saw a long shadow pass over, growing a bit larger. She let out a sigh of irritation. Great. Just what she wanted - an audience.

She did not turn. She had a firm belief that if you ignored someone hard enough, they would simply do as she pleased - and cease existing. However, they spoke; of course, she had the absolute worse luck. At least what he said was a boost to her ego. She liked to be reaffirmed in belief that she was a weapon of mass destruction.

She continued swiping at the dummy and the head rolled off. She sighed and stepped forward, picking up the head and beginning to reattach it. And then... the newcomer continued on - and ruined everything.

She slowly turned and faced him, her eyes flashing dangerously. In a low whisper of a voice that betrayed her Australian accent, she said, "What did you say to me?"
Wilhelmina Abercrombie
Wilhelmina Abercrombie
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Sullivan Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:32 am

The girl was trying her hardest not to pay him any mind, but if Brian had one character fault ( Which we all know he doesn't ) it was that he never gave up, and he hated being ignored. He stepped a little closer, but he did not get to close, he saw just how much damage she could do if she came at him. Brian was not a pushover by any means, but he was also not much of a fighter, sure he could do it but he did not exactly know what he was doing. He was a quidditch player, hell, he had beaters who did all the dirty work for him.

When she spoke, he almost melted at her Australian accent, he was a sucker for their accent. It also helped that she was quite easy on the eyes, Brian decided then and there it was time for the good ol fashioned Sullivan charm. He completely ignored the fact that there was obvious anger in her voice, his hormones had already taken over.

"I was trying to give you a compliment, that's all, relax a little bit." He stood still, wondering what she was going to do next, but his inability to keep his mouth shut made the next words spill out. "On another note, I wouldn't mind being put into a few of those moves, what do you say?"
Brian Sullivan
Brian Sullivan
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilhelmina Abercrombie Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:49 am

That was one of the few things people could say to immediately piss Wally off. Alright, there were a lot of things that people could say that could release her fury quicker than turning on a light switch. But what was at the top of the list (or near the top, at least) was when people told her to calm down when she believed she had a perfectly valid reason to be anything but relaxed.

The boy was making innuendos she did not want to hear, and then telling her to be okay with it. Wally did not think she was much of a feminist, but she felt very righteous in her brewing anger.

Ah. But he basically gave her permission to kick his ass.

She took two long strides toward him, grabbed his wrist, spun him around, and grabbed his ear with her other hand. She said in a blunt tone, "This better?"

((Godmode okay? If not, I'll edit.))
Wilhelmina Abercrombie
Wilhelmina Abercrombie
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Sullivan Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:54 am

She reacted faster than Brian could have ever imagined, and before he knew it, she had him in a rather painful hold. He let out a surprised sound as she put him into the position, but he did not struggle, he knew that would only make it worse on himself. Instead, he smirked, and he breathed in and out deeply before he spoke.

"We are moving kind of fast, don't you think? How about a nice picnic at the Great Lake first?" What was he thinking? He was going to get his ass kicked if he wasn't careful, but who knew, maybe he could somehow woo her with his determination. It had worked before.
Brian Sullivan
Brian Sullivan
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilhelmina Abercrombie Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:10 am

He continued on with his smart-mouth comments, which was highly ill-advised of someone in a dangerous self-defense hold. That was just how some people were, she supposed though. It made her want to roundhouse kick everyone she met preemptively, just for good measure. That would probably give her shin splints, though, and that was just too inconvenient for her active lifestyle.

She lifted her right knee, placing it delicately, but obviously, right above the boy's knees. If he displeased her, one jerky motion upwards ended it all. "Look, buddy, I am not a girl won over by lines and smug grins. You give or I seriously deplete the excess testosterone fueling your angst."
Wilhelmina Abercrombie
Wilhelmina Abercrombie
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Sullivan Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:16 am

She placed her knee between his legs and a look of terror crossed his face. He really hoped she wasn't serious, but she did not give off the vibe of someone who would use empty threats. It was like a war in his brain, he knew he should just give up and shut his damn mouth, but his love for witty come backs and allusions to dating him were his favorite thing in the world. He had to find a middle ground.

"OK, OK, fine. But could you maybe tell me what does win you over?" Shit, it sounded more smart than he wanted it too, but there was no turning back now. He wished he had said something different now, but just in case, he braced himself for impact hoping she would show just a little bit of mercy. "I'm a great guy once you aren't trying to kill me."
Brian Sullivan
Brian Sullivan
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilhelmina Abercrombie Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:34 am

There was a noticeable change in the atmosphere between them, which was enough to bring a small smile to the Australian firecracker's face. She didn't even try to hide it, because the poor fool couldn't even see her face. His words did not show any sort of change in attitude, but the tension in his voice indicated enough to her that he was actually shaken from their encounter.

His question was valid. What did she want from a boy? She couldn't answer because she just had no interest in boys.

And like that, the thought of Keith Nicholas flashed across her mind.

Her throat became very dry but she shoved the thought down and released the strange boy in front of her, carefully reconstructing her expression of nonchalance. She stepped back and collected her wand. "Nothing. Nothing wins me over because I am not a prize to be won over. Sorry to get all Virginia Woolf on you. Confringo!" The dummy's arm burst into flames.
Wilhelmina Abercrombie
Wilhelmina Abercrombie
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Sullivan Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:41 am

She released him and he stumbled forward a bit, turning around to face her just as she began to speak about what type of boy she was interested in. She said there was nothing he could do, but he knew better, he just had to get to know her a little better. Of course she was right, though, she was not a prize to be won in some contest. Brian just enjoyed the chase that came with a nice flirt.

"Nothing, eh?" Brian said, massaging his wrist from where she had wrapped him up. "Damn you're strong." He said as he plopped his arms down to his side. "I never said you were a PRIZE, I just thought you would be nice to take on a picnic. I make a mean sandwich, let me tell ya." He smirked, his cooking skills were awful, but if he knew one thing it was always good to highlight what he was good at.

"I think I got off on the wrong foot, I am sorry, let's start over. Hi, I am Brian." It was his attempt at trying to make friends with the girl, but he knew he would go back to his flirty ways, he could not help it when he was in the presence of a good looking gal, especially one who could kick some ass.
Brian Sullivan
Brian Sullivan
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum