Out of options - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Out of options - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Out of options

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Out of options - Page 3 Empty Re: Out of options

Post by Felix Barker Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:00 am

Felix tossed and turned all night, often crying out when his tossing caused him to bend his leg in a way that even the pain potion didn't relieve. It was obvious he was pretty severely hurt, but he mostly just sweated and cried out from time to time in the dark, curled up in on himself.

When the group finally settled down, Felix fell into the deepest sleep he could, and stayed silent the rest of the night, once dawn came though, he was up and staring around the yard, watching everyone wake up and begin cooking breakfast. His eyes glued to the figure of the man who had brought him there the second he was out of his tent, and Felix glared at him, having not moved from his spot in the corner of the cage, watching the people, but his eyes flickering to the dragons around them every so often. He wasn't too far from the camp, so he felt safe enough in his corner, not that he was about to be eaten, but he also knew any attempt at escape would be foiled by the surrounding dragons.

The smell of the breakfast being cooked made Felix's stomach rumble loudly, he didn't even know the last time he had eaten, he had been meaning to munch on those snacks he had taken from the muggle clinic. His eyes darted around for a second before he slumped against the cell again and let out a puff of air, his eyes finding just out of reach, the bag that contained his snacks and medical supplies. He wasn't about to stick his arm out for fear of it being chomped off, but he wanted the bag badly.
Felix Barker
Felix Barker
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 659

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:19 am

She entered the camp with a pair of bodyguards that were completely dressed in black. Even their faces were hidden. Today, she walked with such confidence that the dragon tamers stood and stared at her in silence.

"Who did you let in here?" one of them finally hissed angrily at Edward, staring at the woman in the long black sweaterdress that brushed the tops of her boots, just touching the ground. Her long black winter cloak pooled on the ground around her and a black leather shoulder bag hung from her left shoulder. Edward's contact was furious, believing they'd been betrayed to some foreign governmental dignitary.

"Can you not recognize a lady when you see one?" Edward asked. He went over to her. "And your errand?"

"Success," she said. "And I do believe payment is due now."

"Indeed," Edward said. He turned to one of the men around the fire and gestured to them to snap to it. They accio'd a chair from inside one of the cabins and took it to the cage. Edward walked with Khaat over to the cell door and unlocked it and went in first. He looked at the lump in the corner. "Behave yourself. Nellie likes lilies. And besides that, she hasn't been fed yet." Khaat didn't realize that the female dragon could have any preference for the lily based perfume she wore today. Interesting. Keeping his eyes on Barker, he motioned Khaat to come in. She follwed him in and the bodyguards stationed themselves on the outside of the cell as close as practicality would permit.

"Leave us," Khaat said quietly to Edward. He walked out and locked the door. She looked at Barker. She felt nothing towards him. "You were actually very helpful last night. Enough to earn a bit of medical care."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23617
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Barker Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:26 am

Felix's eyes were glued on Khaat from the moment she entered the camp. He felt no fear, he felt no anger, he simply felt empty at the sight of her, almost tired just looking upon her figure, he was so tired of the hate, he just wanted her to be done with him. He watched their greetings, heard their words, and said nothing, moved not an inch, his cloak still wrapped around his dirty figure, hunched in the warmer corner of his cage.

He didn't let a moment of emotion betray his thoughts as she sat herself down in the cell, her body guards obviously stationed to keep her from being hurt by him, not that he could do much, he could barely stand, since the pain potion was wearing off and he was feeling the stabbing pain in his ankle again.

Edward left, but Felix didn't pay him mind, he felt no anger or hatred, or even fear towards the Werewolf hunter, he had eyes only for Khaat Lupin. She spoke, and he listened carefully, his mind taking a moment longer than normal to process what she said. He slowly unfolded himself from his cloak, and sat up, leaning against the bars. His voice was hoarse as he croaked out. "Helpful?"
Felix Barker
Felix Barker
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:38 am

She opened the bag and picked up a large glass vial filled with a glowing blue light. "I presume you know what this is. You provided me this very nice thought thread last night. Oh, and a whole library of them, actually. Felix, Felix, Felix. I don't believe you have any secrets from me at all now. But this one--this one was very interesting. I actually should thank you for this one.

"In order for you to pay your debt to my friend for sparing your hide, you would normally need to be able to walk. Not so with a seer. Here is the first part of your payment." She reached into the bag and drew out a pendant smeared with pungent and fresh werewolf blood. She threw it at him. "It is was the information I required. You have the makings of a halfways decent servant, you know. Well done. it led me quite easily to where I needed to go."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Barker Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:46 am

Felix watched with a deadpan expression as she pulled out the vial of memory. He didn't make another move towards her, instead only shifted his position a moment and continued to stare at her. She spoke, but his eyes stayed on the vial for a few minutes, before slowly drifting away from her, his eyes clouded over, his hands visibly trembling, though he tried to make them stop.

He knew what she was doing, and he wasn't giving her what she wanted. Not even when the pendant landed at his feet on the ground, and sat in front of him, smeared in blood, blood that could only be Werewolves, of course that meant a werewolf had died last night, but it wasn't his Naomi, he knew it wasn't, because if Naomi was dead, he would be dead too, he knew that much.

His eyes slowly traveled from the pendent, back up to Khaat and very carefully took a deep breath. "What else do you have to say to me?" He asked, his voice obviously tired, emotionless, dead. His eyes met hers with a blank look, his body was trembling like a leaf. "Going to keep me here? Servant to the Dragon hunters? Sounds like fun to me.. always wanted to see Dragons up close."
Felix Barker
Felix Barker
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:17 am

She had counted on it being a game of mental chess. She had expected nothing less. "Believe what you like," she said. "I could choose to control your mind in any number of spells. If I had wanted to, a simple hex would have done that far more easily and efficiently than this. I don't intend to offer you more. It is not meant to be proof of anything. It is a mere keepsake. A memorial. A thank you.

"I never did answer you last night. Deliberately. You didn't figure it out, did you? You were bait. I used you. I used you to reduce the number of Greybacks in the world. I loathe them. One Greyback is one too many. Swine. The lot of them. No one is weeping this morning for any of them. My hatred for them did not start with you, but you were generous enough to help me get rid of some of them. And..." she drew out a handful more of memory thread vials. "I don't think it will be very hard to wipe out the rest of the litter, thanks to you. With the rest of your information, I think we should be able to finish them off before nightfall."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Barker Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:20 am

Felix couldn't help it, he didn't like what she was saying, but her arrogant tone was starting to annoy him. She was lying through her teeth, pretty badly at that. His eyes scanned over the vials, and then back at the pendent, and then back up at her. "Don't mean to uh.. bust your bubble.. but those aren't mine Kitty Khaat." He said before coughing once and leaning his head back, his breathing obviously wheezy.

"I don't appreciate you trying to make me a fool, but those thoughts aren't mine, nor were they ever mine you worthless piece of Lupin trash. Now, unless you have real news for me, I'd appreciate it if you either killed me or tortured me some more, not this pitiful attempt at trying to be me. Because guess what, it's not working." He sighed and closed his eyes, waiting for the comeback to come from the 'queen.'
Felix Barker
Felix Barker
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top