Da Yatabs
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Da Yatabs Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Da Yatabs

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Da Yatabs Empty Da Yatabs

Post by Sean Wilson Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:55 pm

....YOUTUBE. Why don't we make a youtube channel? I could run it, I already have my own youtube channel, plus I was running another RP sites youtube channel. But no, it wouldn't just be random, there would be some ideas behind it, such as:

• A plot overview, starting with the new plot.

• Interviews with different characters

• "What if" videos, where we're like, what if *insert character here* became *good/evil*?

• And whatever else you guys can think of! Maybe out of character interviews with staff?
Sean Wilson
Sean Wilson
First Year Hufflepuff
First Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 1896

http://thehunt.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Da Yatabs Empty Re: Da Yatabs

Post by James S. Potter Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:12 pm

Would you use, like, drawings for the video? Cause I ain't gonna have my own ugly mug up on youtube, lol.

It's an interesting idea, and I have created music videos with Sony Vegas Pro, so I could help in the actual development of the videos. Could be a way to appease our anime-loving members, lol. Have an anime character represent each character or something.
James S. Potter
James S. Potter
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 361
Special Abilities : Animagus and Parseltongue

Back to top Go down

Post by Theodore Adrian Lupin Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:14 pm

That could be fun. Yeah, Vegas gets on my nerves, I only use it when I have to do EXTENSIVE editing that can't be done in movie maker XD But yes, pictures would work fine.
Theodore Adrian Lupin
Theodore Adrian Lupin
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 869
Special Abilities : Metamorphagus, Occlumency

Back to top Go down

Post by James S. Potter Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:16 pm

Guess we could do a couple of test videos and see what type everyone likes better. You can write the script, and I can do a video, send it to you; you suggest whatever changes you feel should be made until we come up with something we think everyone would like....

I dunno...something like that. I don't have chat or Skype or anything to hash out ideas on.
James S. Potter
James S. Potter
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Anabelle Mulciber Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:17 pm

>.< That's an awesome idea. A Youtube channel would be fun to have and the videos with the anime characters thing... Awesome xD
Anabelle Mulciber
Anabelle Mulciber
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 3936
Special Abilities : Seer

http://khandvampireknight.forumsmotions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by James S. Potter Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:18 pm

Oh, and we'd better get everyone's input on what anime character they want representing them. Might need to make another claims thread just for that. XD
James S. Potter
James S. Potter
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Wilson Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:20 pm

To be honest, I was thinking of having people sign up for different things. We'd need voice actors, perhaps an artist or two. You can be our editor, easy, I can plan and maybe voice act a couple characters. I've never liked scripting, I do a bit better with ad libbing stuff. Though for an interview I would script a few questions but that's about it.

SO, if the admins like it I can get to work finding people to do the different jobs for the different segments. Some of them WOULD require scripting, such as the plot overviews, but the interviews would do better if they were ad-libbed simply because it would seem more realistic.
Sean Wilson
Sean Wilson
First Year Hufflepuff
First Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Anabelle Mulciber Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:21 pm

Lol that'd be funny xD A new claimslist just for anime people

& I could help with something, but all I really do is Sing... and I draw but only anime xD
Anabelle Mulciber
Anabelle Mulciber
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 3936
Special Abilities : Seer

http://khandvampireknight.forumsmotions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Wilson Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:25 pm

I just thought:

If we get people to voice act, why don't we RP out the interviews in a specific place on-site? Then read them? So it's natural, but still pre-planned XD
Sean Wilson
Sean Wilson
First Year Hufflepuff
First Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by James S. Potter Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:25 pm

I can edit images, do movies, flash movies and effects...I can do a little bit of drawing, but I'm better at editing pre-existing images.

I am definitely a no-go at voice-overs, lol. I absolutely hate the sound of my voice....hm, suppose I could do someone evil or something. I just don't have the type of voice you'd expect to come out of a beautiful girl, lol.
James S. Potter
James S. Potter
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum