Welcome to responsibility - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Welcome to responsibility - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Welcome to responsibility

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Welcome to responsibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome to responsibility

Post by Andrei Dolohov Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:27 am

He nervously laughed at Neville's comment as he couldn't help but notice the threatening tone in his voice. And he was sure it wasn't something he was just imagining. Biting his lip, he tried to decide whether he made the right decision of staying and still tying to get this job. This was surely risky, but if he played it right it would pay off in the long run. "Then I shall not repeat it again. Besides I'm pretty sure Alice can take care of herself", he said through a smirk, curious about his reaction because Alice specifically told him how overprotective her father was.

Seeing that woman glare at him as she did and say the things she did didn't surprise him at all. Many people who went to Hogwarts and graduates still had trouble trusting Slytherins, for obvious reasons though. Andrei was actually proud of the fact that his Slytherin side showed so much, even for strangers. To him that was a compliment. And the distrust was something he got used to by time. However he knew very well how to play the judged for no reason card. That was something he used for people who gave him a hard time about his parents and his family's fast. Usually, it would work like a charm. He could only hope it would have any affect on Neville.

"It's fine I don't mind", he said shrugging his shoulders. "I'm used to it really by now. It's been the same since I can remember. I guess people do that, judge a kid by his parents. People just expect you have to be exactly like the rest of your family. But a lot of the times that isn't the truth. Explaining that however, requires time and patience that most people either don't have or don't want to give. So it doesn't really bother me anymore, I've learn to live with it."
Andrei Dolohov
Andrei Dolohov
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 271

Back to top Go down

Post by N Longbottom Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:23 am

Neville pretended not to hear the boy for the boy’s sake, he was ready to punch the boy if he didn’t learn to keep his daughter out of the conversation but he had more control then that, Hannah on the other hand does. He needed work done and if the boy worked here he could watch the boy and get to know him. He regarded Susan’s judgment highly though so he had to tread water carefully. He didn’t want Susan finding out he had told the boy about her family without knowing the boy well she’d kill him. There was a ring at the backdoor so Neville got up. “I’ll be right back,” he said looking to get away to think clearly.

After Neville was out of sight did Hannah walk up. She didn’t need Susan to tell her about the boy, she sensed it call it a mother’s intuition. Unlike Neville charm got nowhere. She didn’t marry for charm she had married for love.

“Don’t play that card with me. If Susan and I get the both feel the same way around you it isn’t an accident. Your charm may work on my husband but it won’t work on me. It’s people like you that get away with things. I will tell you Susan comes in her often and she clearly doesn’t like you so stay away because she is more than capable of making your life living hell. If you think she’s someone not to be messed then you’re good as dead when it comes to me. People like you don’t see Hufflepuff is more dangerous than any other house, it’s the quite ones that do the most damage,” Hannah stated firmly with her hands on her hips. “Don’t you dare talk about my daughter or else I will slap you so hard you won’t remember anything that happened the past week,” she warned.
N Longbottom

Number of posts : 159

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrei Dolohov Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:48 am

Neville seemed to think about something for a while and Andrei hoped it was about giving him this job. He needed it and wanted it for more reasons than one. He thought that realistically he had good chances. After all, even with a slight misunderstanding in the beginning, Andrei knew he could be a good worker. Sure he didn't exactly succeed to win over Neville and his wife with his charm, but in the end that wasn't the reason he was here. If he got the job, for any of the possible reasons, he would be satisfied.

The bell rang and Neville went to see who it was. As soon as he was out of sight, Hannah his wife came raging over him with his threats. He leaned back as he listened to her speak. There was no doubt about it, everyone in this family was obviously crazy. But that didn't mean they were any less capable. On the contrary, he knew that anger and protectiveness would only make a person's spell capacity stronger and more adaptable. "Yes - ma'm", said Andrei nodding his head gently. He definitely didn't wanted to make Hannah more aggregated than she already was, as he had a feeling it would lead to no where but trouble.

"I promise you Mrs. Longbottom I didn't came here to talk about your daughter or my thoughts on the Hufflepuff house. I can here for the open job position, that is all. And dare I say your daughter or the magical capability of the people who come here do not really have anything in common with that job opening", he said finally hoping to make things clear that he only wanted the job and nothing else. He was sure Alice would be shocked when he tells her what his first job interview was like, and of course he would use some of his imagination to make things as he wants them to be. Either way, this day has given him plenty of material to work with and he was satisfied with that.
Andrei Dolohov
Andrei Dolohov
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by N Longbottom Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:19 am

“In all my years I have yet to meet a Slytherin that hasn’t done something to me in the long one but since you are my daughter’s friend I’ll give you a chance but I will be watching. I still don’t trust you quite yet,” Hannah said walking away back into the kitchen. She wouldn’t trust the boy until he gave her reason to.

“Sorry about that,” said Neville sitting back down on the stroll. “Here is what I am thinking. We give a two month trial period. After two months either we keep you on or you have to find a new job, does that seem fair?” he asked. He thought it was responsible enough.
N Longbottom

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrei Dolohov Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:17 pm

When Hannah walked back to the kitchen after her pretty open treat, he took a deep breath and was thankfully that was over. This family was insane and he was pretty sure he just picked himself the hardest job in the world. If he even gets the job in the end that is. Working with the Longbottom's would surely be very challenging. But if somehow he could survive the craziness and treats, he might actually get a chance to present himself as a decent guy. Besides, the information he could get from this job would be absolutely priceless.

Neville came back and told him about the two month trial period which seemed quite alright to him. "That seems fair", said Andrei with a nod of his head. He was lucky he got a chance at this. "So when should I start and on which days would you be needing me?"
Andrei Dolohov
Andrei Dolohov
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by N Longbottom Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:30 pm

“Well, you can have your pick. I have no one else on staff so anything is good. But I’d suggest not hanging around Hannah for a while; she goes off anything Susan says. Don’t get me wrong, Susan is a good judge of people but she thinks everyone is a threat this days, she’s lost two kids so who can blame her,” said Neville. He knew Hannah and Susan meant well but together they can be well; there wasn’t a word for how they got. Hannah still hates Slytherins and Susan’s normal spitfire attitude combined with Hannah’s hate was a bad combination in presents of Slytherins.

“You have to understand we grew up in a very different time than yours. We’ve seen a lot of dark wizards and witches kill our friends and now even our children. There will always be hate and distrust so get use to people being rude to you here. Susan comes in often just be glad you’re not seventeen otherwise she would cast hexes at you every time she sees you,” he said shaking his head. He was going to try to keep the peace but he was so busy with other things he can’t be looking out for Susan all day. He didn’t even know how she had gotten in the first place.
N Longbottom

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrei Dolohov Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:52 pm

"Alright then, I'll plan my work schedule around hers then and let you know of my shifts. Better safe than sorry eh?", he asked with a chuckle. The advice Longbottom gave him was quite decent and he would try everything he could not to piss off Alice's parents more than he already did. He couldn't control most of their reactions thought, just because of the fact that he was a Slytherin and a Dolohov. He couldn't change then even though he truly wanted to sometimes.

Being nice and pleasant to someone who clearly couldn't stand him was not something he was used to. But sacrificed had to be made for this plan to work smoothly. He would just try to be on his best behavior around both of the parents. Besides, how difficult would it be to trick a few old and rusted Order members? Probably not that hard.

"I am more than used to it sir, and I can handle it pretty well. You don't have to worry about me", said Andrei nodding his head. "Thank you for the opportunity, really. I appreciate the chance", he said putting out his hand for a handshake.
Andrei Dolohov
Andrei Dolohov
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by N Longbottom Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:28 am

Neville nodded and shock the boy’s hand. He had things he had to get to. He was sure Hannah had a mouthful ready for him but this may be the only chance get will get to hire one of Alice’s friends. It was worth seeing what he could learn; there was only so much the others could do with helping with Alice. One thing was sure he was determined to figure out what was going on her daughter and if this boy, he had never heard of being Alice’s friend until today, ended up being part of it he would make the boy’s life working here anything but pleasant. “I have to go take care of something, it was nice meeting you,” Neville said before wondering off into the kitchen.

Hannah was leaning on the counter scowling at Neville. Neville just rolled his eyes and huffed. “Scowling doesn’t look good on pretty face,” he stated. “Don’t sweet talk me mister,” Hannah said waving a spoon. “Hannah, he’s just a boy. Both you and I know that he is no threat to us, for Merlin’s sake we’ve took on some of the darkest wizards and witches we can a Hogwarts student,” he said. “I still don’t like it,” stated Hannah “not at all.”
N Longbottom

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top