OWL's - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

OWL's - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

OWL's

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

OWL's - Page 3 Empty Re: OWL's

Post by Amelia Macmillan Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:44 am

“Not really. If we needed to know they would tell us. If we on the verge of war I’m sure they would tell us,” Amelia said. She knew her parents would. It was clear that knowing was keeping the rest of her family alive. They knew what dangers were rising again and they were prepared now. “It’s not like I don’t know anything but sometimes it’s good to know other times it’s not,” she added.

She didn’t think often about the Order. She just accepted as part of life and never gave it much thought. If this was war time she would care more. She was a bit scared of having her mum being part of another war. But she knew her parents could handle themselves. She didn’t know about Jessica though. She did still care about Jessica though it was like a world war going on between them.
Amelia Macmillan
Amelia Macmillan
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Number of posts : 585

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Longbottom Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:22 am

"Yeah, I guess you were right" she said shrugging her shoulders. Well at least she was sure Amelia's parents would tell her. Alice would certainly get the child version of the truth, or something closer to that than the actual truth. But she tried not to think about it much as danger was no where near her right now, and she sincerely hoped it would stay that way.

"I didn't know for a long time. Most of my life actually. When I found out it came out quite as shock. I had to look at my parents in a completely different way than before. Things just weren't the same after that. I mean I'm glad I know now. Before I was just oblivious to everything, including my own family history. I didn't know what happened then and I didn't know what was going on know. It was much easier then, not knowing. But I don't regret finding this out, I don't regret asking questions. The past can't be changed anyway, and it's important to get yourself familiar with it. A lot of the times, it's quite similar to the future"
Alice Longbottom
Alice Longbottom
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 355

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Macmillan Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:45 am

“Very true, history also repeats. If you know the past you know the future. It’s sad but true,” sighed Amelia. She had accepted this a long time ago. But what did it mean for her and Chad. No other Bones had ever been with a Slytherin. Maybe she could break this stupid death cycle.

“I’ve always known since I can remember my mum and dad would tell me stories. The stories are rather dark at times but I’m glad I know them. Someone has to care about them. It may as well be me,” she stated. She didn’t really get nightmares based of stories. Her nightmares come from somewhere deep within where stories can’t reach.
Amelia Macmillan
Amelia Macmillan
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Longbottom Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:43 am

Alice thought about what that meant for her, if history really did repeat itself. And all in all, if that was true she was in for a one hell of a ride. Her family's past was bumpy to say the least, but she would use words like depressing and insane more often to describe it. And everything her family has been through happening again....well she wasn't sure if she could ever survive that.

"Maybe things to change though. If we try hard enough and be careful enough... I don't know. I just hope they can change. Because the past repeating itself is just... not acceptable." said Alice with a sigh. "My dad really talks about such things...only when he really needs to and has no other choice. I think he chose the shield me for a very long time now, both of my parents. They can't really help it I think, I'm their youngest. So I kind of understand" But she was also sure that if she was in any danger, her dad would prepare her for it well.
Alice Longbottom
Alice Longbottom
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Macmillan Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:09 am

“I don’t mean just like what happened but the general idea. There is war, death and love cycled over and over. I doubt wizarding love can exist without war. Maybe it can but I doubt it,” she said. She didn’t really care what she said because what was anyone going to do about it. “If you haven’t noticed my family is still living the nightmare. It seems like it never stopped or that it’s starting all over again. I rather not have to be part of a war so I hope that it just never stopped,” she added. She would hate to have to take on Death Eaters but knew deep down that it was going to happen one way or another. Her family will always be a threat to Death Eaters therefore they will always been in danger. Her family lived off the danger. It’s just how they are. How she is.
Amelia Macmillan
Amelia Macmillan
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Longbottom Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:23 am

"Is peace such a unimaginable idea then? Well I guess in this world, it is" said Alice with a shrug of her shoulders. Amelia was right, this war was either starting again or it never ended. The Death Eaters are getting more aggressive, they were all over the news. It probably took just one match to lit up the kindling fire that was there for a long time, just waiting to be revived. That thought worried her. She knew her family would surely be somewhere high on the list of troublemakers, so would Amelia's. And so would most of her family friends. Everyone who had a history in the last war was a primary target for sure. And there were too many people she cared about who had exactly that.

And then she had to worry about the fact how people are divided among themselves. Half-blood, pureblood, Slytherin, Hufflepuff. Would danger and war be enough to surpass these issues? "Your boyfriend...how is he?" asked Alice politely, changing the subject. She remembered her dad mentioning it to her a few times, about Amelia dating a Slytherin. Personally, Alice had nothing against it, even more so, she thought it was a good example for everyone else that houses don't really mean that much.
Alice Longbottom
Alice Longbottom
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Macmillan Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:39 am

“Muggles have it easy, they do have peace. Maybe it’s just that I’m bitter. I’ve just seen so much already, I just don’t expect anything out life that way. It’s better them have a good surprise then a bad one,” she said. She already knew from the dreams that came with Astral Projection that things were changing. She could also see it in her mum’s eyes. Her mum was scared and who can blame her.

“Good question. I don’t know. He hasn’t talked to me since the Wake. I haven’t even seen him,” she said. She wondered if he was avoiding her. She wouldn’t blame him if he was. She wouldn’t blame him if he did. Her family was a bit nutty and she was herself she would admit. “I wouldn’t blame him though. No one sticks around after meeting my family. Who can blame them? My family is a bit loony,” she said.
Amelia Macmillan
Amelia Macmillan
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Longbottom Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:48 am

"You are prepared. That's different that being just bitter. A lot of people are not. And often, that is the difference between life and death. That and just damn luck...or destiny. Call it as you wish" It was true, a lot of people were clueless and completely unprepared if anything bad would break out soon. She was definitely on of those people as well.

"You're family isn't loony..." said Alice shaking her head. She hat met them all before when she was a child, since her dad used to visit the Macmillian's a lot. They weren't the most traditional family that's true, but Alice wouldn't call them crazy. "As if any of us have a 'normal' family. Mine is not that far away from yours, trust me. And perhaps...he is just giving you some space." Alice suggested. She was really bad at giving boyfriend advice, since she never actually had one. But that was the best she could do, and she didn't want Amelia to worry about it that much.
Alice Longbottom
Alice Longbottom
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Macmillan Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:23 pm

Amelia just sighed. Relationships were so difficult. She wished that they weren’t though. She just wanted to be with a guy not drama. She wasn’t going to marry Drama.

“Whatever, I’m not going to dread on it. I have better things to do. Anyways how have you been?” she asked. She hated talking about herself or her problems. Hence her biggest problem not talking about her problems, it was so stupid but so harmful. She wouldn’t talk to anyone about her problems so they just kept growing and growing. She figured them most on her own but you can’t do that with all problems.
Amelia Macmillan
Amelia Macmillan
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Longbottom Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:47 pm

"I have been fine I guess. The usual. Homework, classes, just boring stuff..." said Alice shrugging her shoulders. For some reason she didn't seem to enjoy school that much as before. The time went by slow and her days were uneventful. Every free second of her time was filled with homework. She wasn't even that social as before, most of the time being too tired and not in the mood for loud company. Even her close friends seemed to annoy her now. She preferred to be with herself and her thoughts. For some reason, things weren't going right for Alice. They just weren't as before.

"To be honest, I'm already looking forward to Christmas. It would do me well to get out of this place for a while" she said softly. Alice glanced at her closed Transfiguration book and she sighed. "Well so much for studying for the day" said Alice with a chuckle. She looked at Amelia's table and saw that her book was closed as well. Why where they even trying to study anymore? They should do...something more fun. She was done with boring days, it was time to change that. "Hey Amelia...would you like to go somewhere? I have something to show you" she said with a grin.
Alice Longbottom
Alice Longbottom
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top