My fathers will - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

My fathers will - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

My fathers will

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My fathers will - Page 2 Empty Re: My fathers will

Post by Thaorson Ian Elldir Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:36 am

As Robert talked about his fathers betrayal, Ty's blood began to boil, his anger built up in him like it never had before. Ty took out another cigarette and lit it before standing and walking across the room to look out the window into the atrium.

So you're telling me, that he valued family and friendship, yet never once made contact with me. And to top it off, he betrayed what seems to be the only family he had, and turned Khaat over to the death eaters. Ty said, more to himself than Robert.

It just doesn't add up. He said before taking a long drag off his cigarette. Did he ever do anything legal, as in, work. I know he had his wand shop, but from what I've heard it was a front for death eaters to hide out. Like Felix Barker. He asked rather pointedly.

Ty was feeling so many emotions, he was hurt at the loss of his father, and angry at Robert for not doing more to help his father if he was truly sick.

All the while you were sitting here in your cozy office, he was out there killing people for the death eaters, and you turned a blind eye.[b] Ty was angry, and didn't care to watch his mouth or check his anger any longer. [b]From what I've been able to find out, you knew he was dealing with Grindlewald, and was a death eater, you helped him stay alive and appointed him as Deputy Minister, not to mention Warden of Azkaban for a short time. That makes me question your loyalty to the office you hold Robert. I admire your loyalty to your friends and family, but you've done them all a disservice by allowing things like that.[b] Ty said, finishing his cigarette. [b]As well as the people you swore to protect when you took this office. From what you've told me, the fire at Diagon Ally could have been prevented.
Thaorson Ian Elldir
Thaorson Ian Elldir
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 249
Occupation : Wizengamot Member, Senior Undersecretary to the Minister, Unspeakable

Back to top Go down

My fathers will - Page 2 Empty Re: My fathers will

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:17 am

Robert simply let the young man get his blasting out of the way, taking a casual sip of his tea while the young man ranted.

"You know nothing," Robert said calmly. "If you want answers, then ask your questions. But I really don't give a damn about your opinion. Or anyone else's, if all they know is what they read in the tabloids. None of them get it right anyway. It's a giantic waste of energy. I'm not here to be liked. I'm here to do a job. Your father worked for me. It wasn't exactly public knowledge. I can't answer why he was a lousy father. I have no clue. Maybe it was because he could be a bit self centered from time to time, as can we all. Maybe it was because he was a bit commitment phobic when it came to romance. I don't know.

"But in answer to the question you did ask, yes. He did work. When he wanted to. He didn't need to. He wasn't destitute. He had the wand shop, he did some missions work for me as I needed it, and he did a brief professorship at Hogwarts. Among other things.

"His being a death eater did not make him totally reject him. To do that, I'd have been as big of a bigot as he could be. I knew he was heading for the Death Eaters when we were in school together. That wasn't a news flash. He fought for what he truly believed was right. I didn't approve of his beliefs, but he didn't like mine either. However, he trusted me, and I trusted him. He came to me and offered his help to me, and I hired him because I needed what he had. His knowledge, his connections, his abilities. Subterfuge can be valuable in dangerous times.

"He didn't turn on me or my family until after he got sick. It all happened very suddenly. It was a very sudden drastic change. He came to me for help but rushed out and left before I could help him. If I could have found him, do you think I'd have left him as he was? He was my friend. He didn't even give me time to check him. He simply got panicky and left before I could help him.

"You're making connections where there are none. Whether he was my employee or not would have had no impact on whether or not he attempted to harm my family or whether he set the fire. Believe me, it doesn't take an employee to try to strike out against my family. That has no relevance. These events you're focusing on that happened after he got sick all happened in a very short time frame before I could find him to stop him or help him. 90% of your father's life was worth more than you're giving it credit for. The last two percent or so, I wish we could have prevented, but we couldn't. The other 8% I can't judge because I wasn't with him 24 hours a day. He did have time out of my eyesight. But he surely deserves more than your criticism of him for the 90% of life that he lived in some attempt to do something right and meaningful, whether or not it measured up with your definition of it or not.

"Nor do I see the future anymore than apparently you can. If your crystal ball is in such brilliant working order, why weren't you here to warn everyone in Diagon Alley that your father was going to kill them all? Where were you, if you know so much? If all you can muster is that you didn't know, then join the crowd." .

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum