Quest for Truth - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Quest for Truth - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Quest for Truth

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Quest for Truth - Page 2 Empty Re: Quest for Truth

Post by Elijah Krum Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:11 pm

It was difficult to console a father in mourning, which was why Elijah Krum stood in the Leaky Cauldron and wondered why Jaquellene Dyllan had been left in charge. Now, make no mistake, Elijah himself knew that Prim was not deceased, far from it in fact, but what James mourned over his Firewhisky was the child he did not know, the child that could have been anywhere and nowhere, the only knowledge he knew of it being that of her existence and the fact that she was not with him. Elijah empathised with James in that sense though he knew better than to speak of Chase when Jack was present, especially in the manner to which he had become accustomed.

At this thought though, Elijah warily eyed Jack, wondering whether she could read his mind; but upon reassuring himself that she could not, Elijah turned his gaze back to James, raising an eyebrow at the man that, as far as Elijah was concerned, was mostly mumbling to himself.

“Why didn’t you just visit her?” Elijah asked, somewhat bored by the lack of thought that the man before him had put into his search. “I mean, for goodness sake, she only works at Hogwarts. It isn’t as if you’re banned from gracing the grounds – or was it one exploded toilet too many?” Elijah smirked a little before shaking his head. “Jamie is not unreasonable, James. I shouldn’t think she would be entirely against meeting you if you were to ask her politely. There are other ways of going about things; one doesn’t always have to be gung ho.” Elijah then turned to Jack. “Speaking of which, how’re you, Red? Still in the Department of Fluffies?”
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by James S. Potter Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:11 pm

"She works at Hogwarts?" James echoed, "I had no idea. When I left her, I....well, left her. I didn't ask about her, didn't keep in touch....Albus had kept in touch with her for a little while, but even he said that he didn't know where to find her."

"...or he wouldn't tell me," James thought bitterly to himself, remembering how long his brother had kept the secret of his daughter from him.

James sighed.

"I get it that perhaps I should have slept on it. Then perhaps I wouldn't have ran around making a arse of myself, but I have to admit, I've never been one to stop and think things through. I'm more a man of action than words. I'll just have to do what I should have done from the start, and send her an owl...first thing tomorrow morning."

James pushed away the rest of his hot chocolate, and ordered a firewhiskey instead. He had a feeling he'd be up all night anyways.
James S. Potter
James S. Potter
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 361
Special Abilities : Animagus and Parseltongue

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:40 am

Jack didn't like the fact that she was here. The poor woman had no idea what the rest of her weekend would end up entailing- this debacle with James, resigning from the Ministry, consoling two disillusioned Order members, and losing the only person that seemed to be of comfort to her. Had Jack known that the next five days included no sleep and maximum heartbreak, she could have bore this with more strength. But, unlike her roommate, she was not gifted with Sight, and she had only be disgruntled with her present lot.

She felt Elijah's eyes on hers and she glanced up, locking eyes with his soberly until he looked away. Jack turned her eyes back to her Firewhiskey, listening to the exchange and trying as hard as she could as to appear as the indifferent third party that could serve as a tie breaker if necessary.

That wasn't enough.

Jack looked up at Elijah's question. "Funny question for the Deputy Minister to ask," she responded. "Yes, I am. Where else could I be?"

A pang throbbed in her heart as she thought the answer to herself.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:06 pm

For Elijah, this was quite the surreal experience. Jack had never been someone Elijah was particularly close to, his only link to her really being through Chase who Elijah was more than happy to try and forget and James was only a figment in his memory, Jamie having blotted in the knowledge Elijah knew of him that chilly day they’d spent down by the Black Lake, her stomach already swollen and ripe with pregnancy. It was something he would not forget. But then, Chase had been the same. It seemed bizarre to think that the majority of his time was spent around women – and pregnant women at that. Athena was no exception. In fact, it dawned on him then at that moment that it had been the first time in a long time that Elijah was out in the company of those he did not consider family. His only male friend was Kendall and where Athena went, Kendall followed so it was rare for the two men to go anywhere fun by themselves.

Blinking out of his reverie, Elijah looked at James and smiled wryly at the other man. “You weren’t to know, mate.” Elijah assured him. “But, don’t the Daily Prophet report these things? I don’t really read it, myself. I prefer the People’s Palmist if I have to read anything. Utter twaddle, mind you, but it it’s a good laugh and Merlin knows the information is more reliable than whatever the Prophet reports.” Elijah shrugged his shoulders. “James, I’m sure whatever Albus kept from you, he did it to protect you. He’s your brother after all.”

Elijah smiled a little and shrugged again. “You’d better continue drinking, then. That’ll clear your mind. You’ll have a thumping great headache in the morning but in the long run, it’ll probably be worth it.” It was then that Elijah turned to Jack. “I washed my hands with the paperwork I kept getting from your department. It is not as interesting as the Department of Mysteries. I get the risk assessments and the paperwork pertaining to fatalities and the burnt down wings that our lovely Unspeakables are responsible for. It’s fantastic. Come to my office sometime and I’ll show you. More often than not, the parchment is singed too. I’m actually glad I don’t work down there. It’s lethal.”
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top