sitting, waiting, wishing - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

sitting, waiting, wishing - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

sitting, waiting, wishing

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

sitting, waiting, wishing - Page 2 Empty Re: sitting, waiting, wishing

Post by Silvyr Svan Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:07 pm

“Ah, I see. Well I hope you find something that makes you happy to do. It’s amazing how little this old town changes. I feel like anyone who went to Hogwarts a hundred years ago would remember this place exactly as it is.” Silvyr said looking around the inside of the old Brooms.

“Yes you may.” Silvyr said with a smile before he began the story of how his old friend found him. “I would never say that I acquired her, nor do I own her. I have never considered her my pet throughout the years that she has been by my side. Leah is my best friend and stays with me because of that reason I suppose. But anyways long story short; she actually used to watch over me in the woods from a distance around where I lived. One day she approached me and ever since then she has been by my side. What about you, do you have any pets?“
Silvyr Svan
Silvyr Svan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 333
Special Abilities : Animagus, Occlumens

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiera C Starr Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:20 am

"I feel like anyone who went to Hogwarts a hundred years ago would remember this place exactly as it is.”

The witch couldn't testify to that. In the decade or so she had been gone, she could already see changes around the little village. She wondered if it was simply because she had seen too much of it before leaving and if clinging on to those details made her a sad wreck. Signs of her own student days seemed to be everywhere and reliving them was not the best idea. No, that could be saved for when she was home alone, with a goblet of dragon ale for company.

She nodded attentively as the man recounted how he and the wolf, Leah, had happened upon each other. It sounded nice, having a constant companion. Shiera didn't have many constants in her life right now so she could appreciate someone who did.

What about you, do you have any pets?“

"I barely have time to look after myself these days, let alone a pet," she laughed, shrugging off the question.

"So, I take it you and Leah can usually be found in bars this early. Or am i just very fortunate?" He had asked her what she was doing here, now it was her turn.
Shiera C Starr
Shiera C Starr
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvyr Svan Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:19 am

Silvyr shrugged at the question lightheartedly, "I don't really think you can make it that black in white. We're staying at the Inn for a little while until I'm able to get us back on our feet per say. We stayed here a lot after graduating so it's not anything new. Plus it's nice to be able to have something warm to eat anytime you get hungry. Sadly we don't use that perk that often but it's still a nice luxury to have. But if anything I'd say we were fortunate to have walked in around the same time you were ordering." Silvyr said in all honesty. He and Leah had eaten alone for the past few weeks. Even Silvyr thought it was nice to have a conversation once in a while.

"So you said you were looking for a job in Hogsmeade? You may be better off heading down into London. The pickings are slim around here and the wages are less than one could make a living off of. At least not enough to save anything and get back out of the small town again in a short period of time." Silvyr said. He knew all to well from experience what jobs in small towns meant. Wasted time.
Silvyr Svan
Silvyr Svan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiera C Starr Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:04 am

The explanation startled her since she had never assumed the man for struggling before. Butt then again, so was she and she hardly looked it. Just went to show how little someone's appearance could really tell you about them.

"I used to be one of those girls at Hogwarts who couldn't wait to get out," she said, a bittersweet memory of her youth resurfacing. "Hogsmeade weekends were what we lived for. There was a time I could walk the streets blindfolded and never lose my way here." Small towns may not be good for jobs but they remembered. Which was why she hadn't visited the Hog's Head yet.

"As it is, I'm not looking for something that pays a lot - a distraction would suffice..." She blinked, trying to reign in her thoughts. Tucking a strand of golden hair behind an ear, she sipped at her coffee once more. It was still warm, no doubt enchanted to stay that way til the very end.

"You mentioned getting back on your feet? May i ask what you do, professionally speaking?"
Shiera C Starr
Shiera C Starr
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvyr Svan Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:40 am

"I am a acquirer of knowledge I guess you could say. But what really pays the bills is my study of spell creation." he said casually. He didn't mind telling people what he did as a hobby considering the truth would only alarm most people. Besides who really knew if what someone said was true or not. SIlvyr found it funny that even his life that was a lie in the Order was still necessary to keep secret. The stories he would have for his grandchildren would be endless.

Silvyr went on explaining himself after noticing Shiera's look of interest, "I've always been fascinated in the magical qualities our words can be filled with. The information side of my life simply stems from my childhood mostly. I can go unnoticed I suppose one would say and I am very observant." He didn't particularly enjoy talking about himself that often but he didn't mind throwing out a few crumbs every once in awhile to strangers he met.

He stretched his arms and back. The immediate euphoric feeling made him realize how long he must have been sitting still. "Well Ms. Shiera please don't be offended when I say I believe it is time for me to go wash up. I can smell myself from this mornings run with Leah." said Silvyr standing from the booth and motioning for Leah to come to his side. He raised his hand to get the attention of the bar tender. When the old wizard looked their way Silvyr moved his hand in a circular motion showing he was picking up the tab. He looked back down to Shiera and extended his hand, "Thanks for allowing me to join you for breakfast. If you happen to want anything else just tell him and it will be taken care of free of charge. Hopefully we meet again Ms. Starr." said Silvyr with a sincere smile on his face.
Silvyr Svan
Silvyr Svan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiera C Starr Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:52 pm

Shiera listened while he spoke, applying her usual care as she analyzed his words through the careful process she had cultivated over the years. He sounded like he liked what he did. But then again, that was as inconclusive as a gust of wind. He was observant, she noted but the next moment, was taken aback as he addressed her by name. She had not given out a surname as far as she knew.

Composing her features back to neutral again, she smiled her thanks. "There will be no need for that, your company has been quite the pleasure." She wondered for a moment before reaching out a hand to softly pat the wolf, Leah, in a farewell gesture. "I hope to meet you two again soon."
Shiera C Starr
Shiera C Starr
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top