Do as the Romans do - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Do as the Romans do - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Do as the Romans do

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do as the Romans do - Page 2 Empty Re: Do as the Romans do

Post by Talon Marlowe Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:19 pm

Talon shrugged his shoulders up and down then said "I don't know. I invited several people, but they have yet to send me a message back." Looking around the area, Talon could see a dentist's office and an auto dealer around the corner. Talon would need to remember to get his license soon, so that way he could be at least a little more mobile in the muggle world. He'd have to wait until his seventh year in order to be able to legally apparate and he didn't like to apparate anyway. "I wonder what kind of pricing they have on cars these days," Talon said, mostly to himself though. When they turned the corner, Talon noticed a pawn shop and several gift shops...they were close to Buckingham Palace, so it did make sense. "If we do find a McDonald's or something," he said with a grin "I think we'd have lost our appetite by then."
Talon Marlowe
Talon Marlowe
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 159

Back to top Go down

Post by Drew Aritza Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:24 am

Caiden pressed his lips together and pushed it to his side. 'Well, hopefully somebody will show up,' he said, digging his hand into his shorts again and continued walking. He looked around the area for a moment which he usually do to get to know his surroundings if he get lost in the end. Looking around he noticed a chinese restaurant was right next to a vet, he couldn't help but think how suspicious that looked. He made a mental note in his head to never eat at that restaurant. 'I don't know, maybe we could have a look later,' he suggested, he had to look for a car as well, he was turning seventeen next year and his mother promised she'd buy him a car if he passed his driver license test. 'Oh no,' I am still hungry,' smirked Caiden, patting his stomach. It took him a while to understand what Talon was talking about but he finally understood after he had looked around for a few moment.
Drew Aritza
Drew Aritza
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 191

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Marlowe Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:34 pm

Talon shrugged his shoulders and said "Yeah, hopefully they will. But I'm not expecting anything at this point." Even though Talon lost a lot of his friends over the years, he was glad he still managed to keep his close ones. That and he was meeting new people every day it seemed, so that was a plus too. "You figure with the amount of crap they have lying around in these streets, there would at least be a McDonalds," Talon said with slight irritation "that or at the very least a restaurant that isn't oriental." He was never the one for Chinese food, yet he had noticed the place...next to a vet. That doesn't help the stereotype... he thought to himself.

Taking another turn around the block, he peered down the street to see if there was something there. Nothing. He turned hundred and eighty degrees to look down that street. Nothing but a Chinese place. "Hang on," Talon said, his irritation apparent in his voice. Unlocking his phone, he went to the maps feature that was available and typed in the name of a fast food place. The map locator said it was several blocks to the southeast, so they would have some walking to do. He pocketed his phone and said "Well, nearest place is a couple blocks to the south if we don't find another restaurant." He wasn't that impatient, he was just wanting to eat.

Talon Marlowe
Talon Marlowe
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Drew Aritza Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:42 am

Caiden peered over Talon's shoulders as he watch him look for a McDonalds on his GPS. 'Are you serious?' said Caiden, his eyes bewildered. He groaned and continued to walk, he could feel his stomach growling angrily in his stomach as well. 'I know hang in there buddy,' thought Caiden. Hopefully there was something a lot closer other then McDonalds he was getting a little bit impatient but he remained calm. All of a sudden a man bumped into him and slipped between Caiden and Talon. Caiden managed to catch his balance again until then he was pushed aside again by the cops. Caiden turned his head around and peered through the crowd and saw that the cops were changing a guy who seemed too have stolen a six-pack worth of beer. 'Run for it man! You can do it!,' Caiden encouraged, smirking at the guy who was on the run. Caiden had a fond respect for the guy, why? well let me explain. Caiden was a bit of a kleptomaniac as well so he was on their sides. 'So, what ya been up to this summer?' he asked, Talon after passing two blocks.
Drew Aritza
Drew Aritza
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 191

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Marlowe Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:20 pm

Talon was knocked aside by the rushing man and the cops as they chased after him, knocking Talon against the wall. He had been in the direct way of the man, so he forcibly shoved him out of the way. When Talon collided with the wall, he heard the sound of glass snapping, Talon's face immediately twisting to that of rage. He pulled out his phone, the front of the screen cracked in a spiderweb fashion. "Son of a B****!" he exclaimed, his anger getting the better of him. He turned around yelled an obscinity towards the running man, and encouraging the cops to get the bastard. "God!" he said, getting the last bit of his anger out "this wasn't something I needed today!" With that, he pocketed his phone and continued to walk, his pace a little more sluggish.

"Nothing really," he replied to Caiden, the irritation of the moment still fresh in his tone "been studying really. Trying to get myself ready for classes next year. What about you?" Now Talon was mostly preoccupied with trying to figure out how he could get his phone replaced. He had bought his phone at a pawn shop several years ago, so he was never given a warranty or a protection service he could use in case something like this happened. He'd probably have to get a job or something, besides, it was time for a replacement anyway. It was an old 2010 model, so he needed to get one of the newer versions.
Talon Marlowe
Talon Marlowe
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top