Goodbye Seems to be the Hardest Word - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Goodbye Seems to be the Hardest Word - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Goodbye Seems to be the Hardest Word

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Goodbye Seems to be the Hardest Word - Page 2 Empty Re: Goodbye Seems to be the Hardest Word

Post by Matthew Lestrange Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:14 am

I don't normally put effort into long goodbye posts, but for you I'll make an exception.

I'm kind of in the same boat as Jackles up there. When you first joined I was really intimidated and impressed at your fantastic posts. I was even worried to talk to you because I've seen you out of character around the site and you seem just incredible. So I was always afraid that I might seem annoying to you. And I suppose I'm even more intimidated now because you're off to Med school. Which is actually incredibly amazing and I'm sure you'll do wonderfully.

You've always been one of those people I kind of admire. Because of your great posts and because of your brilliant ideas around the site. I really do wish we had roleplayed together more but I often was gone and away from the site for looong periods of time (sorry guys). But I hope you kick ass in med school.

So I guess this is goodbye from someone you didn't really know well. But I hope it all means the same. So have fun in the real world! And we'll always be here with a warm welcome if you ever return.

Have a great one,
Matt

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Goodbye Seems to be the Hardest Word - Page 2 Empty Re: Goodbye Seems to be the Hardest Word

Post by Amelia Lyons Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:52 am

Jack and Matt -

I hope you already know this, but it was never, ever my intention to intimidate any other writer on this site. I was merely thankful to have roleplayers to interact with that gave me enough inspiration to write as much and as well as you perceived me to. Both of you were and continue to be huge inspirations to my creativity, and a pleasure to interact with around the site. I could always count on you to pop up in the C-box and say hello, or respond to my inane questions or suggestions in the OOC topics. Or to laugh at my horribly written puns Smile

Thank you all for your well-wishes for medical school. It is thrilling and exhausting and meaningful and a whole host of other things I really have no words for - and you know how many words I usually have! I hope to stay in touch periodically, and I'll definitely be sending good vibes your way even when I can't get online.

So don't forget to remember me - I certainly won't forget any of you.

Amelia
Amelia Lyons
Amelia Lyons
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 1645
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:24 pm

Wait wait wait.
God I feel like the guy chasing the bright yellow taxi as rain pours down on a New York street - we've all seen that scene right?

Amelia! I hope to god that you see this, I truly do.

For me, it's always been a case similar to that of Amelia and Matt, but even now, after getting to know you as a player and as a person, I can safely admit that I was always, and still am, intimidated by your posts.

Not in the way that I feel some sort of dislike, or a reluctance to reply or even acknowledge, but more in a sort of reverence that makes me wonder what it takes to get to that level of what can be described as pure skill.

With you I've ventured out of my comfort zones, something I do with very few people. Whether it was in regards to our little Remy/Jess subplots, or even the little more natural (for me) Jess/Amelia ones, I've never quite felt good enough to be posting with you. We always, in the admin team, used to say that Amelia had to be psychic - writing her replies days in advance to the post she replied to, because they were just too good, and too fast.

I thank you for sharing such happy memories with myself and everyone else on PA, and the imprint you've left on me can never, ever be underestimated. We love you dearly here and I personally, am so, so sad to see you leave, but I'm proud that you can bring yourself to do it - a true testament to the determination that I know you have - I'll never get out of here willingly Wink

Best of luck in med school, you'll make a brilliant doctor, and despite the slim chances that I ever will have you dealing with me, I'll always feel a little more at ease knowing that it could be you.

Gosh, look at the corniness up there - sickening right? All true though, we really do adore you Amelia.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Lyons Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:32 pm

Jess-

It is people like you and everyone else here that made it so very difficult for me to leave. Even now, when I just pop in every once in a while to read a thread or two, I feel myself being tugged back into the world I miss so very much. I didn't realize when I was leaving how much I was going to think about PA, even with all the new things I have to think about now in medical school.

I am still inclined to say that you had nothing to be intimidated about when it came to my posting, because I was in such fantastic company the entire time I was here, but I suppose since I have heard it from multiple sources now I should probably just incline my head and say thank you Smile You are all too free with your flattery, but I appreciate it all the same. You all made me a better writer and sparked my creativity in a way that nothing else ever has. I miss writing, but I miss the environment here more. I always felt very at home here, even when I was first beginning.

As an update, medical school is going very well for me. I'm about three months into it and although it is incredibly challenging and takes up almost all of my time, I absolutely love it. The material is so interesting and the patients are so willing to help me learn - it is an amazing experience.

And on the slim chance that I would ever have one of you as my patient, I hope I live up to your expectations. I am still very much learning, but I am hopeful that I will know enough one day to give you confidence in me if our paths should ever cross in a hospital setting.

I miss you all dearly, and I still plan to keep poking around on here as much as I can to try to keep up with your lives, IC and OOC. Stay in touch as often as you can, and I'll do the same.

Thank you all, as always,
Amelia
Amelia Lyons
Amelia Lyons
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 1645
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top