Observation Pays Off - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Observation Pays Off - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Observation Pays Off

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Observation Pays Off - Page 2 Empty Re: Observation Pays Off

Post by Susan Bones Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:13 pm

Susan began to look at the file. She wondered how many of them she had seen and not even known. It scared her that there were so many dangerous witches wand wizards who could have been talking to her children and she wouldn’t have ever known it. She knew by looking for these people she was putting herself in danger but this is the least she could do. She knew this is one way of revenging her family’s murders.

“What am I supposed to do if I see any of these people? A certain procedure?” asked Susan “and I want my name left out of any public knowledge of how they were found. My husband wouldn’t be too happy to know what I’m doing, not that I care. He doesn’t control me.”

OOC: I lost the first reply I did, sorry if it was short this time.
Susan Bones
Susan Bones
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 232
Special Abilities : Animagus, Astral Projection

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:36 pm

ooc: no problem. it happens.

"Try not to react. Blend. That's the secret. Blend in. Keep your distance and just pretend you don't notice theyre' there. Once you have your information, send word to either me or to Brian. If you don't have an owl, there is a charm you can use that will transfigure paper into a bird to send it to me. Or--you can simply stop by my office in the Ministry when you're there. I don't want people to know you do this or to suspect you," Khaat said. "I would prefer no one else know but you and Brian and I. Its far safer for you and your family.

"My father knows some sort of a charm to change small messages into little paper insects like crickets and spiders. It amazes me how quickly they blend in and how fast they can travel. If you want, I'll show you the spell and a code to use for your messages so that even if they are encountered, they won't be easily deciphered.

"If you get a lead about where they're meeting or living, we do need to know that, day or night. Otherwise, all you need to look for is their movements. See who is moving about and what they're doing--if you can determine that. Does that help?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23615
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Bones Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:59 pm

She knew that eventually they would have to go into a safehouse but she wanted to stay out of one long as possible. She wanted her family to be safe yet not feel like they were stuck in one place and Ernie had the farm to care for, it was their livelihood right now. That is why she had applied to a job in the Ministry.

“That may be helpful. Just in case I’m out somewhere or my owl isn’t available for some reason,” said Susan “that’s very helpful.”

“I hope I didn’t interrupt your day too much. This is just the first place I thought of,” she said. She didn’t want to seem discourteous. When pooping in spontaneously she had learned it was best to say stuff like that.
Susan Bones
Susan Bones
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:35 am

She taught Susan the two very simple charms. The first one took a regular sheet of paper and turned it into a little paper bird. It was the same charm that they used for communications in St. Mungos. The birds were surprisingly resilient, and they had always served Khaat well. The second charm was one her father had used when a small piece of paper would suffice. It changed small pieces of paper into an insect--grasshoppers, spiders, crickets, or other insects. Khaat had no doubt that Susan would master the charm quickly.

"Now--I'm also going to make sure that you have a contact to access if you need emergency protection," she said. She used an accio spell to draw a coin from Brian's pocket in the dining room. Brian felt the coin being pulled out of his pocket, along with the gold chain it was on. It was a reproduction of a pirate dubloon. Not designed to look like the real thing. Designed to look like just a piece of costume jewelry. When Brian saw it head to the kitchen, he knew Khaat had summoned it, and he resumed feeding Abbey.

Khaat caught the coin when it entered the room and showed it to her. "This is not what it appears," she told her. "Wear it and use it wisely. See the skull on the coin? If you spin it a half turn to the right, it will draw one of my guards to you to help protect you--immediately--day or night. It will reset itself automatically when they reach you. If you spin it a half turn to the left, it will send a fighter to your family to immediately take them to a safehouse. Think of it this way. Turning it to the right brings help right to you. Turning it to the left makes sure that your family is not left behind. It will help you remember which way to turn it if you need it.

"Susan, Brian and Angus and I remember you and Ernie from our Hogwarts days. You were always both people of integrity. I don't choose people quickly without knowing I can trust them. But I know enough to know I can trust you. And--I have a soft spot for Amelia. I will protect your family if I need to. Nothing will happen to your children if I have any ability to protect them at all. Now--what questions do you have for me?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Bones Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:48 am

Susan was glad she had something new to learn. She would have something new to master now. She had something to do in her free time. She was glad that Khaat was doing so much to make sure she would be safe in any situation. She couldn’t believe that Khaat was doing so much for her when they barely knew each other.

“Thank you so much for all you’re doing. In times like this I worry about my kids so much, especially since Edgar just left home. It makes me nervous to think about the state of things my kids are leaving into,” she said “you know what I’m talking about.” It’s a vicious style of worrying and trying to get her kids to understand. She felt like it was aging her by ten years as they were leaving home.

“I think I have everything figured out. It was nice to see you again,” she said with a smile. She wished she had been more social in school and would have talked to more people. She could see know how many great people she had been surrounded by. She knew the past was done and over with but know she had the chance to fix her pass mistakes. She was going to find these people if they can be found no matter what.
Susan Bones
Susan Bones
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:16 pm

"I do know very much what you're talking about," Khaat said. "It is frightening. The best any of us can do is to teach them how to protect themselves and to teach them what to believe in. Good luck, Susan. And be careful. I will handle your information on Forbes. It is very helpful."

She shrank the folder of photos and put it into her skirt pocket for the moment. She made a mental note to alert her staff about the inclusion of the Macmillan family into their own protection web and to be alert to respond to Susan's medallion just as they would any of the others.

She also wanted to inform Brian and her father so that they could help with the information on Forbes as well as helping to receive information from Susan and helping her to stay safe. Khaat's hope was that they could capture Forbes or to somehow use Forbes to uncover where Gellert Grindelwald had gone so that they mgiht arrest him and toss him in Azkaban until he died--again.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Bones Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:19 pm

“Thank you again. I better get going. I need to go get back to my parents. Let my dad get out for a few hours,” said Susan. Her father was a saint for taking care of her mum when she didn’t even know his name. She tried to help out but it depressed her to see her mum like this. She tried to tell her stories to see if they will help her memory; it was really just a desperate attempt not to lose her.

“Take care Khaat. I keep my eyes open. I’ll let you know if I see any of them. If you need my help with anything let me know,” she said. She hoped that Forbes wouldn’t start showing up around the houses; she also knew she was capable of protecting her family. Edgar may be on his own but she knew he was capable of taking care of himself. She hoped she had taught him everything she needs to know to make it in the real world.
Susan Bones
Susan Bones
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:57 am

"Your parents. I'm glad you mentioned them. I will include them in the security watch so that if you have to activate your medallion, we can include them in on it. I want your whole family to be protected. If there are others we need to make sure we've covered, you make sure you get me their names and addresses so that I can extend my security team around them as well."

Khaat didn't make it public knowledge that she had her own private security team, but since she was sometimes seen with bodyguards who were not Ministry personnel, she presumed the wizarding world largely knew. She tried to have Brian guard her most of the time so that there was little notice. A man with his wife drew far less attention than a formal bodyguard. But--she had the resources to be sure that not only her own family was protected but that, if Susan summoned them, Khaat's own extensive squad responded with no disruption to her own family.

"Good luck, Susan. And be careful. Watch your back," Khaat said. "Brian and my father will be the only other ones who know our secret."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Bones Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:20 am

"If your need to ever go to them I must alert you that my mum has Alzheimer's disease. She may panic if guards approach her without my father there and she way wonder or run off. It's a good thing she's a muggle and doesn't own a wand though, otherwise it would be nerving," said Susan. She didn't want anyone to get harmed by alerting her mum, she may be a muggle but even a muggle is capable of killing, specially when they aren't right in the mind. She also didn't want her mum wondering off and getting killed somehow.

Susan began to get ready to leave. It was back to trying to get her mum to remember things and making sure Drew didn't wonder into the woods. She loves him dearly but wishes he would be more careful. It's so easy for someone to get killed in the woods let alone a underage wizard.
Susan Bones
Susan Bones
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top