Hunting Thingamajigs - Page 22
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Hunting Thingamajigs - Page 22 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Hunting Thingamajigs

Page 22 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hunting Thingamajigs - Page 22 Empty Re: Hunting Thingamajigs

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:42 am

"You little fool! You dont' know what you have!" Escobar said.

"Oh yes I do," Brian managed with a sinister tone. "I know more than you think. Give her to me, and I'll give you the amulet. It seems to me like a very small price to pay for what you get."

"That depends on what you value," Escobar sneered.

"Well," Brian said, "if it doesn't matter, go on. Kill her. And I'll just put this in so deep an unplottable place that you will never ever get it. Not now, not a millenium from now. You see, we mortals do realize how very expendable we are. And some of us are really good with that." He looked hard as ice, taking a playbook from Robert's playbook.

"I would treasure her much more than that myself," Escobar looked at him with utter hatred.

"Our lives are short. What does it matter?" Brian got harder yet. Michael stood unmoving, but wondering how far Brian would push Escobar. "And you know what?" Brian hissed, "We don't have centuries to wait for an answer. The deal's off." He went to pocket the amulet.

Escobar laughed, amused. "Well, aren't you a bit of fire and brimstone? How do I know its the real thing?" Brian drew out the amulet again.

"Reveal!" Brian commanded. The amulet glimmered with the magical energy because of the pieces that Michael had put there. Escobar's eyes fairly lit up like Christmas lights. He wanted it. Badly. "So do we have a deal?" Brian asked. "Send her halfway and I'll bring it halfway. When she's safe, you get the amulet. "

"Very well," Escobar said. "You betray me by keeping that, and I'll kill you all."

"Believe me, this necklace is something I dont want."

"Then you're a bigger fool than I took you for."

"I certainly am," Brian said. He paused, wanting his crew to be sure to not let anything happen to Khaat, no matter what.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:01 pm

Jim, cassidy and Jack stood there ground as much as cassidy wanted to sit down feeling the darkness cloak this man, she didn't. Jack sniffed the air no other beings as he were around and he looked across at Michael hoping he'd see his reaction. every one kept there eyes on Brian and he moved towards Escobar with the amulet held out Jack shifted nervously he knew if it went wrong he could dash and grab Khaat. But he knew that was not how Brian wanted it to go down so he stood his ground his hands clenched as he watched.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:34 pm

Escobar shoved Khaat roughly, unexpectedly, on purpose. His vampire strength was so much more than hers that he shoved her to the treehouse balcony floor. Brian had expected something, so as much as he didnt like it, he never flinched, his wand trained on Escobar.

Michael sheathed his wand and raised his hands to show he was unarmed. He walked partway and helped Khaat to her feet.and walked her back to Brian. Brian saw Escobar raise his own wand to a firing position right at Brian's heart. When Khaat was safe, Brian levitated the amulet over to Escobar.

"You really are an idiot," Escobar taunted him.

"Get out of my home," Brian stayed solid and firm. "You have what you want and so do I. Our business is complete. Now, get out."

Escobar left in a huge, dramatic flourish of black smoke. The smoke zipped up high in the sky and then disappeared.

"Showoff," Brian said, unimpressed.

"Well done," Michael told them. "You okay, Khaat?" He looked into her face. She nodded. Michael wrapped her close to him in a strong hug.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:46 pm

Cassidy finally at seeing the vampire leave sat down her body now drained " wow that was some vamp " she said and Jack chuckled as he placed his want back in its holder Jim did the same and moved to put on some coffee to heat up he knew Khaat would need some to steady her nerves as would Cassidy he took by the look of her as she sat down. Jack checked the perimeter of the tree house and found it all clear making his mind at ease.

" All clear Brian" he said taking a soda from the fridge and moving to sit close to cassidy. Jim brought out a tray with a coffee pot and several cups poring one for Khaat he walked over to her " here drink, french roast and hot"he said smiling at her " good to have you back.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:27 pm

Michael had led her over to a chair to sit and was sitting on the arm of the chair beside her while Brian layered unplottable spells on the treehouse. When the coffee came, Khaat took the mug.

"Thank you," she said softly

"Were you hurt?" he asked her.

"Not by him," she said. "He saved my life."

"From what?" he frowned.

"A panther. I'm fine," she said.

"You sure?" he asked.

"Is Brian still angry?" she asked.

"No, he is not," Brian said, overhearing, busy casting spells. "Just busy. We need to be out of here as soon as we can manage. Cast some pack spells, Everyone. We dont' have time for dillydallying. All we did was buy some time." He was concerned that it would not take a powerful vampire and wizard like Escobar to figure out the amulet was a fake. He didn't want them being followed. "Sergio, we'll reroute you to Colorado for now for safekeeping. Leave the boat. We just need to get the hell out of here. Fast."

"He is right, you know," Michael said to her.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:31 pm

Cassidy stood up " leave that to me " she said and moved downstairs to each room packing it and shrinking the bags down to fit in her pocket, she double checked each room making sure nothing personal was left then moved up " Brian all done I have checked each room nothing personal is left. she told him and looked at Jim as he gave her a coffee too. she drank it down and smiled feeling much better. Jim smiled at Khaat.

"Your welcome, its good to have you back with us. " He said as he nodded at Cassidy " good we're ready when you are" he told Brian.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:00 am

"Portkeys," Brian commanded. "Grab your bags. "We're out of here. Michael, destroy any magical signatures, please."

"Go," Michael said. "I'll be right behind you. I need you to all be gone to erase your signature."

Brian picked up his and Khaat's bags and got her up and swept his arm around her waist.

"Sorry," he apologized. "I'll make up for it in a moment." She nodded. Angus grabbed several bags and so did Sergio. Sergio took Angus's arm. Angus and Sergio ported out quickly.

"Move," Brian commanded Jack and Jim and Cassidy. "Go now!" He would be sure they had gone before he ported home with Khaat. Michael was already starting to weave the spell to erase their signatures.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:07 am

Jack , Jim and cassidy all ported back home standing they waited for Brian and Khaat to return Jim placed his bag down as did Jack and Cassidy Jess walked over to them all and touched each one nodding as she found them unharmed if dehydrated a little. she gave each one a glass of water and smiled each drank but Jim paced as he did " where are they?" he asked and looked at Jack who shrugged his shoulders.

"Stop worrying they will be back " Jim told him and sat down to wait.He too was worried but was not about to show it in front of Jess.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:18 am

Angus took Sergio to Colorado before coming home.

"Go!" Michael said, hearing thunder from the general direction of the castle. Brian and Khaat ported out and Michael cast his spell and then ported out just as he saw a huge curl of black smoke coming back.

Brian and Khaat arrived back home, and suddenly Khaat felt out of place wearing the odd white gown that Escobar had given to her. She was worried about Michael. A moment later, he came porting in. He immediately ran outside and began casting an extra spell to cut off any magical traces that he might have missed.

Brian saw Michael's immediate movements to protect the estate. He had to let go of Khaat to run outside beside him. He began to join Michael in the extra protection spells.

"Did we not make it out in time?" Brian asked.

"Only just," Michael said. "We didn't have even one second to spare. And I refuse to let there be any chance of him following us."

"Fine by me," he said.

Khaat was feeling completely lost. Within mere moments, she had gone from being held for ransom in Brazil by a vampire, to being completely out of it and home.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:28 am

Jess moved to Khaat and wrapped one of her shawls around her shoulders as she made her sit down " seems you have had a busy day Khaat " she said and smiled warmly to her healing some small cuts she found. Jack moved with Brian out side cassidy stayed with Jess and Khaat, she was watching the others and hoped he would not follow them but part of her knew they had not seen the last of him and this made her nervous. Cassidy stood up and looked at Jim who shook his head.

"They have it well in hand " he told her " don't worry" Cassidy nodded and sat back in her chair.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top