Hunting Thingamajigs - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Hunting Thingamajigs - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Hunting Thingamajigs

Page 2 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hunting Thingamajigs - Page 2 Empty Re: Hunting Thingamajigs

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:27 am

"Some of the most dangerous animals in the world live in these rivers," Sergio said. "It is not a place to swim or test the waters. You will have to contend with anacondas, arapaimas, black caimans and crocodiles, pirahnas, and in the jungle are panthers, vipers, poisonous frogs, tigers, and that's just the start. You must not ever go off alone--no matter how good you think you are with a wand. You never leave the group. No matter what. And if you think you have any thoughts of modesty, lose them now. Any modesty you have just might cost you your life."

"I believe in my people, Sergio," Brian said. "They can step up, or I wouldn't have brought them. And besides, Angus and Michael and I have all been here before. We're all coming back out of this one alive."

"Maybe, Amigo," Sergio laughed,, breaking the tension with a warm laugh and a smile. "If you can survive on those rations."

"Those rations have improved significantly," Angus said. His head spun to the side, as movement in the water got his attention.

"Anaconda," Sergio said. "A big one. Looks like that one is about 30 feet long. This would not be a good time to go overboard. We would not have time to retriee you even with the quickest spell. I suggest we just let him pass and get on with his business."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:39 pm

Jim chuckled and shook his head in disbelief of what he had been told. " Wow, I wouldn't want to swim with all those in the water and the jungle doesn't sound too healthy ether." he said and heard Cassidy chuckle next to him and he smiled looking at her. He patted cassidys hand and moved to the front of the barge " WE ALMOST THERE YET OR WILL IT BE AFTER DARK WE GET THERE!" he shouted back to the others. Jack sat quietly looking at the map hoping it would not be after dark not that it bothered him but the mentioned of all those predators made him a little uneasy about moving around the jungle in the dark.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 750

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:02 pm

"After dark?" Angus laughed. "Did you really look at that map? Its going to be a couple of days down river. We're most likely going to have to anchor before dark, hike into the jungle and carve out a campsite overnight, unless you all can sleep in shifts so that Sergio and I can keep this thing moving southward down the river."

"I suggest we watch how far we go after dark," Sergio said. "Remember the white water. We need to make sure we stop before we hit the white water."

"Oh, yeah," Angus said, remembering. "That was not fun."

"I didn't think it was so bad," Brian shrugged.

"That's because it wasn't your boat that went over the falls, Mate," Angus scowled.

Khaat perked up, hearing a horrible loud growling sound. "What is that?" she asked. Sergio slowed the motor of the boat.

"Hippo fight," Angus said. "We'll stop the boat and drift a bit until it quits. Hippos are exceptionally deadly when they're angry. Best we let them duke it out and not bother them til its over. It sounds like they're a ways away yet, so I'm not overly worried, but good catch on that, Khaat. Thank you."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:23 pm

Jim chuckled and nodded he had misunderstood " ok " he said and turned on hearing the sound he saw two hippos fighting not far from them and watched. Moving to cassidy he placed his hand on her shoulder and smiled she chuckled and looked back at him.

"I'm ok Jim " she said and he chuckled as he sat next to her.

" yeah, was just wanting to sit" he said and playfully bumped her making her laugh a little " ow good idea " he said watching Angus and Brian as they talked about losing a boat over some white water. Jim could not help but chuckle along with Jack.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:33 pm

They proceeded steadily down the river until they hit a bend where the river took a 45 degree turn to the left. It was late afternoon. Sergio steered the boat towards the left shore. He and Angus and Brian seemed to be scouting the shoreline very carefully before deciding to dock. Angus slid into the water in thigh high water and took the mooring lines and waded to shore and pulled the barge as close to shore as he could get it, and tied the barge strongly to a tree.

Khaat was ready to get off, but Michael stopped her. "Wait," Michael said. "Me first. " He got out into water that was midway between his knees and his ankles and scouted carefully before letting anyone out. "Alright. Carefully. But waste no time. Head to shore quickly. Keep your eyes open. Don't go grabbing anything that looks like a vine, and for pitys sake, don't sit on anything. Not yet. Watch all around you, from above, below, behind--all around. There are dangers at all levels here until we get camp established." He took her hand and helped her safely to shore as Sergio and Angus disappeared ahead into the underbrush to look for a campsite. "Who's next?" Michael asked.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:47 pm

Jim dropped into the water and helped cassidy down his hands at her waist as he lifted her into the water and she then moved carefully to the shore line ,letting the water run from her boots before looking around " hum so this is the jungle" she said and chuckled as Jim walked over.

" yea don't touch anything " he said picking up his back pack then hers holding it up so she could slip it back on after he'd made sure nothing was clinging to it. Cassidy slipped on her hat as she stood feeling the warm yet humid heat of the jungle.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:18 pm

Khaat was intrigued by the beautiful plants and trees, by smells and the sounds all around her. She took just a few steps towards a beautiful enormous scarlet blossom on a plant, and she heard Michae's voice.

"No!" he fired a wandless magic spell to sway the plant out of her grasp. "Not a friendly flower. Don't touch it!" She stopped short and looked back at him. "That plant is exceptionally dangerous. Do you see those drops of what looks like dew on the petals?" She nodded. "Look. Watch." He picked up a shell from the beach and touched the shell into the apparant water droplets. The shell began to smoke and dissolve. "Acid," Michael said. "Pure acid. And very, very deadly. When we said touch nothing, we honestly meant it, Sweetheart."

"Sorry," she said.

"No problem," he said. "Anyone who hasn't been here before, you pair up with one of us who has been here."

"Over here!" Angus called through the trees. "Here's a clearing. We're setting up the wizarding tent and starting a camp fire."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:55 pm

Cassidy staid close to Jim and headed over to the clearing and was glad to see places to sit down. Jim walked out. "Want a hand Angus? " he asked and placed his bag down next to cassidy who moved it to beside her own. Jim moved over and waited " how you going to start afire in this jungle won't all the wood be wet?" he asked some what curious to see how they would do it. Jack walked out into the clearing and stood with Cassidy hi eyes watched all around the clearing along with Khaat and the others.

" um any risk of wild animals wondering through here?" he asked looking around.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:26 pm

"I'm not going to work on it that hard," Angus said, already flicking his wand at the backpacks. The wizarding tent set itself up and the furnishings resized and floated into the tent. Michael was assembling a fire ring with stones and was accio'iing firewood. He set it on fire with a magical flame.

"Give us a few minutes and we'll have dinner in place," Angus said. "Give the tent a minute and then go in and fin yourselves a bunk. Its four bedroom--two on the left, two on the right, a central livng room and kitchen area."

"I'll start dinner," Michael said. "You all might want to stretch your legs a bit, and that's fine, but do stay in the clearing and don't wander off into the brush."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:14 pm

Jim watched the tent and waited for it to finish once done he picked up cassidys bag and his own and moved inside placing hers in a room opposite his and Jacks he knew being close would help her. Cassidy thanked him and followed replacing her own bag on the lower bunk she knew the top would be empty since Khaat and Brian would be together and so would Michael and Angus, Jack and Jim . sitting down she stretched out and smiled at Jim. " ok I'm just across the way if you need me. " he said and she nodded.

"Thanks Jim " she said and he smiled moving to his room and to jack who was trying to climb up to the top bunk . " take the bottom Jack " he said and chuckled " I don't need you falling on me trying to get up in the middle of the night" he said and Jack chuckled.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top