Gentle Treading - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Gentle Treading - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Gentle Treading

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gentle Treading - Page 2 Empty Re: Gentle Treading

Post by Sofie Elkin Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:43 am

(can I place this thread after he takes leadership?)

She let her follow him, at his side, but her feet matched his in stride and direction, doing what she could to keep up with him, to stay on the same track. Sofie was not one to allow herself to pull others behind. She was not ready to lead- perhaps when all was said and done here, she could return home and redefine what it meant to be a Russian Death Eater by leading them. But until then, she was more than willing to seek a good leader to follow. She had found one.

He explained away his inquiries and told her to have restraint if need be. She shook her head. "There is a time and place for secrets and it is not with one's lord. I have no plans for betrayal, my lord. I do not possess any knives that you might later find in your back. I have no need, no intention, for trickery. I have my own agenda, as we all do, but one that surely aligns with your own. I have learned to hate the Ministry here through my mother's resentment, and my father's murder. It's downfall is all I seek on my own. Beyond that, I wish to be led, and led well. There is a time I may take my father's place, but I know myself incapable of success as a leader until I have proved myself worthy of a follower. I have no boundaries, and I will not lie. I can assure you of these."
Sofie Elkin
Sofie Elkin
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Marcheti Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:44 pm

( That is fine by me Smile

He smirked as she went into her little rant about loyalties and how she did not have her own agenda. It was funny, before he had become the Dark Lord of the Death Eaters, no one had given him this much attention. Now, all of the sudden, everyone wanted to prove their loyalty to him and express how they would never, in a million years, betray him ever. While Aaron did believe that Sofie was being honest with herself, he did not believe it would stay that way forever.

"Well I certainly appreciate your loyalty," He said quietly. He made sure to keep an eye out for anyone while they were talking. It seemed like the Ministry and the Order had ears all over the place and he had to make sure his name did not get out there, not yet. "You have proven yourself as a leader already. You stood boldly in the meeting, you accepted my mission without questioning, and you brought back yourself and Alder unharmed after a run in with the Head of Law Enforcement. Give yourself some credit, no one else will."
Aaron Marcheti
Aaron Marcheti
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 644
Special Abilities : Leglimency, Occlumency

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofie Elkin Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:36 am

Sofie listened with patience and acceptance but she smiled up at Aaron as he finished. "Ah, but to grow one must never be satisfied with their own results. Even if I understand my inability to fight off the surprise Aurors, and I can accept the outcome, I would have been more satisfied had I conquered them. Pardon if I presume too much, but you do not seem a man to be easily satisfied." She smiled politely.

She looked forward, taking in the view. Boris plodded along serenely, panting as he stared at Eeylop's, desperately wishing to investigate the birds but unwilling to part with his master.
Sofie Elkin
Sofie Elkin
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Marcheti Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:44 am

What she was saying was true, Aaron was never satisfied, but what he considered satisfied was much different than what most people did. Aaron was confident in most everything he did, which would lead people to believe that he was satisfied with the way his life was going, but he was always reaching for the next ledge.

"Confidence and satisfaction differ greatly. Never be satisfied with where you are, but always be proud of what you have done. Those aurors would have been more satisfied if they had caught you, but they did not, instead they have to report back and explain why they could not capture two lowly death eaters. Be confident that you escaped, completed your mission, and pissed off the Ministry." \

He noticed that more and more wizards were starting to avoid him. Try as he might to hide the fact that he was the new Dark Lord, everyone seemed to know, and he hated that fact. Pretty soon he was going to have to be open about it, but then going anywhere was going to be a pain in the ass. He could go invisible, but that was a pain.

"As for me, no, I am never satisfied. But I never play the what if game. Everything I have or have not accomplished lead me to here where I am and the only thing that I can focus on is the future. It is a waste of time to live in the past." He continued walking, realizing he still did not know where he was going to take her. He figured if they just continued walking, he would stumble upon somewhere he enjoyed.
Aaron Marcheti
Aaron Marcheti
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofie Elkin Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:57 am

He spoke of the differing natures of confidence and satisfaction and she smiled, tipping her head. "Naturally." She listened, appreciating his honesty and wisdom, her features showing the peace that she enjoyed in walking alongside her lord in so casual and gentle a manner. To so gently tread meant her happiness.

He spoke and she nodded. "To say I have no life in the past would be a lie," she conceded. "I am currently fuelled by a need to avenge my father. From there, the only influence my past holds on me is the natural influence of my upbringing. I do not allow myself to be a fool to my own psychology."
Sofie Elkin
Sofie Elkin
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Marcheti Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:37 pm

Aaron strode quietly for a few moments and looked around Diagon. He had a flash back to when he was only a boy and he came to this place for the first time. There was no containing his excitement, he was finally getting to go to Hogwarts, the most mysterious and mystical place to an elven year old. Things were different now, he walked the streets like they were his, and it had lost all of its flair.

He spotted a place he had passed many times, but had never actually been into. It was called Eli's and it was a place to eat and drink. Aaron was more interested in seeing if the owner, Elijah, was there. He had only heard rumors of him, but he was a known Order member. He loved being too close to someone who would have wanted him dead if he knew who he was.

"How about something to eat?" He said pointing at Eli's. "My treat, and you can tell me what happened to your father."

( Just make the next post in Eli's? )
Aaron Marcheti
Aaron Marcheti
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofie Elkin Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:38 am

The pair of Death Eaters lapsed into silence but, as a quiet and rather reserved girl, this was of little, if no, concern to Sofie. The follower was unpreterbed as her leader seemed at ease. Sofie was not mindless, but she understood her place and was eager to fulfill her role wherever that may be, bottom feeder or not. Sofie survived so she could be able to achieve what she planned to.

He pointed out a booming nightclub and offered to buy her a meal. Information in exchange for a meal and a chance to earn his trust. Perhaps not his trust, but at least his favor. She thought it was a bargain and smiled politely. "Sounds wonderful." She led Boris to the side of the building. "Sidet. Myesto." He sat and Sofie scratched his ears and followed Aaron inside.
Sofie Elkin
Sofie Elkin
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum