Something that will light those ears. - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Something that will light those ears. - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Something that will light those ears.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Something that will light those ears. - Page 2 Empty Re: Something that will light those ears.

Post by Lena Medic Sun May 27, 2012 9:53 pm

Lena was not immune to the warmth one experienced within their core as a result of such a kiss, nor the irregular pulses of her heart as it struggled against the introduction of such a satisfactory dose of adrenaline to her blood. Atop her shoulders her head did drift, as weightless as dust with the introduction of her lips to Alphonso’s. He possessed a buzzing energy unlike that which she had ever experienced; an energy which she had been permitted to sample upon making physical contact with the lad.

Electricity. He tastes of electricity. Lena noted absently.

She was still as her eyes followed blindly Alphonso’s parting movements, for her body had required of her a moment’s time to recover from the shock that it had received. Meaning? Lena shook her head once in a futile attempt to clear the cloud of smoke that had enveloped her mind. What had he asked? Her smile seemed a hallucination upon her face, faint and dreamlike, and quite unlike that which Lena often expressed. “Sure there was. You know what they say: ‘There is a first time for everything.’” She offered, as well as an insufficient shrug of her shoulders. “And as far as firsts go…” Lena added as an afterthought, allowing her sentences to trail off with a soft laugh, so to leave Alphonso to ponder over which words she had initially intended to complete it with.

I quite like the feeling of electricity. She admitted inwardly. I could get quite used to that. And abruptly she spun with her arms held out at her sides, towards the fire that had begun to sizzle and pop as it reduced to flecks of ember, grinning all the while.

Last edited by Lena Medic on Wed May 30, 2012 3:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Lena Medic
Lena Medic
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 33
Special Abilities : Occlumency, Apparation and Nonverbal Magic

Back to top Go down

Something that will light those ears. - Page 2 Empty Re: Something that will light those ears.

Post by Alphonso Song Mon May 28, 2012 3:21 am

Al pondered her words as she turned to face the fire. Were in they in a relationship now? Or was that just a spur of a moment thing. Sure he wouldn't mind it, Lena was a beautiful woman! And she shared his love of adrenaline and near death experiences. His logical thoughts were being clouded by his imagination. He shook his head to clear his thoughts and looked at Lena's back. His eyes drifted to her rear end and then back to her hair. Her hair was on of his favourite parts of her. But what had she meant when she trailed off. Oh that was so like Lena, mysterious and witty. Everything was so vague when she spoke, it had nearly cost him his life a few times. He loved it.

He licked his lips, he could taste cherries. THAT was probably leftovers from Lena. He grinned at his own witty thought and moved forward to stand next to her in front of the fire. "You know, I've never met anyone quite like you." he told her quietly. The windows were darkening as dawn led into night and the stars would come out. He did love the stars, he loved space. The moon as well, he had always wanted to go to the moon. His eyes fell to look at her side figure as she looked into the fire. "Someone I can ultimately trust, someone I can have adventures with," he began. "Someone so much like me but oh so different at the same time."

"I don't suppose you have any marshmallows..." he asked her, giving off a short chuckle.
Alphonso Song
Alphonso Song
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 43
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Empathy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lena Medic Wed May 30, 2012 3:32 am

"Oh, Al. You're smart enough to know such a level of trust doesn't exist," Lena verbally swatted the compliment away, revealing its flaws in a quite unintentionally blunt manner. She regarded him with a sidelong glance as he took his place beside her, "But we most certainly have adventures, don't we?" Lena humorously inquired as a method of mending her previous mistake. "You are quite the alien yourself," She added, and with a rock of her hips she knocked gently into his side, ever playful.

At the mention of marshmallows, Lena's eyes lit with enthusiasm - though she attempted with great effort to appear as though it were entirely ridiculous for him to have expected something so spontaneous of her. Slowly, so not to draw his gaze to her hand, she slipped her arm into the dip in her chair, and dug into the bag of large marshmallows that she had been eating moments prior, and had forgotten of with Alphonso's arrival. And from the plastic wrapping she plucked one of the white treats, and tossed it above Alphonso's head with an upward flick of her wrist. "Catch," she instructed, poorly suppressing her laughter.
Lena Medic
Lena Medic
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Alphonso Song Wed May 30, 2012 3:57 am

Al wasn't entirely sure that he agreed with Lena's statement. He did trust her, more than he would or could trust anyone. But he didn't let that bother him all that much. He put it in the back of his mind, he didn't have time for trivial matters such as a simple disagreement. Well it was a simple disagreement to him. Their adventures together were always the best he has. Lena had an act for attracting trouble, Al had an act for attracting trouble. They could both be running from two very different gangs and then end up running away from both together. He smiled at the thought of their last one. How long ago it had been, he remembered it fairly well. But we'll leave that for Red to remember.

Al could sense a change in her at the mention of marshmallows. Of course, Al hadn't notice Lena's hand begin to move towards her chair. So the moment she yelled "catch" his face was upwards and his mouth was open. It ended up hitting his nose and falling to the floor and rolling towards the fire. He blushed a little as he turned to face Lena who was still laughing. "You know, one of these days I'm going to actually impress you." he told her as he began to laugh himself. "My God woman, you'll be the death of me." he told her smiling. Walking around to the bag of marshmallows he picked out a few and began to eat them like a normal person. But he wasn't very normal, then again, neither was Lena.
Alphonso Song
Alphonso Song
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Lena Medic Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:35 am

From him Lena drew another chuckle, and thus deemed herself successful. “You think?” She inquired with an expressive swish of her loosely crumpled fist to her chin. “And how on Mars do you intent to do that?” And with the toe of her boot she did flick the marshmallow that Alphonso had failed to catch towards the dwindling flames.

“Don’t fret, love. If you die on my watch, it’ll be one hell of a fun ride,” was Lena’s customarily proud rebuttal. She dropped heavily into her chair and folded her legs over its side once more, “So, where do we intend to take that nifty gizmo of ours to first? Oh! Let’s visit the 1560s before our good friend Galileo and have his revelation for him. No! I’ve got it – let’s take it for a spin to July 20th, 1969 and mark up the moon. I have just the pair of high-heels for the job!”

“What do you say, Al?” Manically, she sprung from her chair and slid before Alphonso, taking hold of his upper arms before meeting his torso with her own. “I am in need of an adventure.” She dared.
Lena Medic
Lena Medic
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Alphonso Song Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:25 am

He mulled the thought over a bit as he leaned against the chair arm opposite Lena. If he was going to die he would hope it was a hell of a ride. There was no fun to go out while sleeping or from the black plague or something. He wanted to go out in a blaze of fury and passion. But he didn't want to make the fix topic tonight death; that would be depressing. "That's what I'll do!" he suddenly said. "I'm going to take you to Mars!" he told her smiling at her. "You and Me, first wizards on the moon!" he sat with a proud smirk on his face. He was half serious half fooling around.

He suddenly felt the weight that came along with owning a time turner. He had one of the most powerful items in wizard existence hanging around his neck and a few really stupid ideas. Sure, going to the moon would fulfill his goal of going to space but there was one problem. "Once we go back in time there isn't a way to go forwards." he thought out loud. "Other than living a normal life we can't go forwards in time." he sighed and rubbed his eyes. All this and he wouldn't even get to use it for practical things! He got up and began to pace, angrily and worriedly. He failed, got so close and he failed!

"This is what they were testing all those years ago!" he said, suddenly realizing the potential they had. "I have the last Time Turner in existence." he said in shock. "I suddenly realize what my granddad wanted me to do..."
Alphonso Song
Alphonso Song
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Lena Medic Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:55 am

"To hell with the present! This isn't the place for us, Al," Lena insisted as her impatience began to bubble forth. And from the shadows another of their differences emerged. Lena had never been one to spare thought of consequence, often acting as a temptress in the manner that she charmingly proposed the inevitable thrill of impulsive behavior. "You and I have no business here. What is left for us in this dull century that we haven't already explored? Let's find a new game to play; a new world of danger."

With an intentionally exaggerated sigh and an argumentative stance, Lena withdrew from her companion to stand with her back turned to him. Surely, she could not begin to accurately explain to Alphonso the anguish that had overcome her at the thought of never once seizing the opportunity that they had been given; to travel in time. It was a sense of anxiety that settled at her core, and left her feeling in great need of a moment spent flailing, twitching, biting, and pacing about.

The adventurer's equivalent of a nicotine fit.

"And what exactly did he have in mind, sweatie?" Lena inquired, defeated, and dragged a hand across her face.
Lena Medic
Lena Medic
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Alphonso Song Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:38 am

Al was pleased, he had the very last Time Turner in existence. But at the same time he felt upset because he couldn't actually use it to travel very far. Not to mention the fact that he had disappointed Lena. But he had to disappoint her every once and a while. He had to be the voice of reason sometimes otherwise they might end up in a situation that neither of them could get out of. She stood with her back to him and he pulled the Time Turner out. She wanted an adventure, well this was going to be one hell of an adventure. He turned it in his fingers, noting the pattern of symbols on the inside and out. He looked back at Lena, smirking. Of course she couldn't see but he couldn't help it.

He got up from his armrest and slowly walked around her chair. "My grandfather, was an Unspeakable." he told her slowly. "I never knew exactly what he did. But right now I'm pretty sure I have a fair grasp of his position in the Department of Mysteries." he continued as he slowly moved closer to Lena. Eventually he made it to the spot right behind her. He leaned over top of her shoulder and held the Time Turner in front of her eyes by the chain. Hand on her left shoulder, chin on her right, he continued to grin at her.

"We have to solve the mystery of the Time Turners." he whispered into her ear. He spun the chain between his fingers, adding effect to his words as the Time Turner spun with it.
Alphonso Song
Alphonso Song
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top