Order of the Phoenix Meeting 17 - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Order of the Phoenix Meeting 17 - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Order of the Phoenix Meeting 17

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Order of the Phoenix Meeting 17 - Page 4 Empty Re: Order of the Phoenix Meeting 17

Post by Jess Potter Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:26 pm

Jess' brow furrowed as he attempted to figure out what Robert had said. "So, the Ministry is not in a position to pay for the help, but it will pay for the help?" he asked. "Sorry, just didn't quite follow you there Robert," he added, his face still depicting that of someone incredibly focused.

"However, I'll go off the presumption that they can. In that case, I hate to put you all out of place, but I believe that tomorrow morning the first groups should leave, does anyone have any objections to this?" He asked, scanning the group for any look of dissent
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Order of the Phoenix Meeting 17 - Page 4 Empty Re: Order of the Phoenix Meeting 17

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:04 pm

"I said we were short on staff, not short on funds," Robert attempted to clarify. "We have a number of employees who are more seriously affected by the illness. Basically those who assist with the quest or the research would become, in effect, temporary contract employees of the Ministry, meaning they only get paid for what the contract says we hire them for. If they are hired for questing, then thats what they get paid for, etc., but for only as long as the need lasts. When the task is completed, the contract is fulfilled and they no longer then are attached to the Ministry--unless they would apply for a permanent position. Does that make more sense?"

"Michael, I trust you can go see my secretary and bring back the necessary temporary contracts?" he asked.

"I can," Michael said. He deliberately shifted his eyes to Jack in a sly but silent invitation to come with.

"Don't dally very long or I shall come and fetch you," Robert said, knowingly.

"I have never needed fetching," Michael said. "I am always the fetcher, not the fetch-ee."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:38 am

((Sorry, was sleepy when reading your post, misread it xD
Jess was sleepy when hearing it, he misheard it xD))

"Sorry Robert," he smiled. "Mustn't have caught you right, my apologies. However, I think we all understand the concept. Like I said, the only thing I want for my people is compensation for anything they lose from not being at work," he explained, shaking his head and rolling his eyes at himself.

"So, again, any opposition to leaving tomorrow morning? We can meet back here and Robert and I can give the briefing for each group, if that suits. Does anyone have any objection to me sorting you into task groups?" He asked, hoping no one would cause any big problems about where they were placed.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:46 am

Jack listened to each of them, her head tyurning between each in turn. She felt eyes on her and turned to see Michael. Her mouth twitched but she could not send him any sign, so she turned her attention back to the conversation unfolding before her until the eyes returned back to her and she glanced at Michael who was preparing to leave. She nodded a quick jerk of her head and shrugged her coat on.

"Jess, Robert, I guarantee that I can get Loch Ness done in a morning on my own. I'll show up tomorrow to be assigned to a group but head off to the lake and return to my group's camp once I'm done. Is that alright?" she looked at both the men, not sure who's direct permission she needed, but saying her ascertation with conviction. She had rode the monster- she was sure there would be no trouble. She stood, preparing to leave with Michael, but waited for a response.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:59 am

Jess looked at Jack, a frown on his face, and shook his head. "Jack, I don't think you understand. If this were merely sitting at the bottom of the lake it would have been found by now. We're talking about delving into the unexplored corners of the world to find these ingredients... well, not quite unexplored, but the less documented areas. You wont be going alone, and this will take longer than a few hours. You can take Loch Ness, I promise you that, but with no fewer than three others, ok?" He told her.

"The forest I'm even less confident about, it will need more people and more time, I've never trusted it... to be honest visiting it gives me the heebijeebies. My thoughts were that the first group could rendezvous with the second, when they were complete," he explained.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Tremaine Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:06 am

Michael had spent a good share of his life living in the dark and spooky places. But--he excelled at climbing and at stealth. He didn't exactly envision himself in climbing any trees in the Forbidden Forest, but, he had no fondness for sea beasties either. That was Jack's forte.

"I'll do the Forest if you like," he said, picking up his jacket as he prepared to leave. "I got over being bothered by the dark or the creepy a hell of a long time ago. Unless--you have someplace that you have a particular need for stealth. In which case, perhaps you should place me there." He hadn't said that the one thing he did intend on not bending on was in taking his own gear. Adventuring, he liked. Living like he was in poverty while he was doing the adventuring, not so much.
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 646
Special Abilities : Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:19 am

Jess looked at Michael for a second, his mind ticking over the options in his mind. After that short pause he shook his head. "No," he said, "I think you'd work better with Jack at Loch Ness, as long as the two of you keep sober. If you're there I'm happy to knock the number down to three for the Loch Ness mission... How about You, Jack and Mari go to Loch Ness?" He suggested.

"And aren't you meant to be fetching the paperwork?" He asked, an amused look on his face. "Come come, hurry up. Sooner it's here the sooner Robert and I can get this all sorted."
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Tremaine Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:26 am

"Staying sober? We're usually sober. Come along, Jack," Michael said. "I can't imagine anything holding us up from getting those forms back here in half a tick, can you?"

He looked over at Robert who was unable to hide a bit of a grin. He truly wanted to laugh now.

"Do actually bring the forms back, won't you?" Robert asked.

"Would I go anywhere else?" Michael asked innocently.

"Do not make me answer that," Robert said. "You don't really want me telling them your biography, do you?"

"Probably not," Michael said. He headed for the door, presuming Jack would follow.
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:29 am

Jess shook his head again, this time with a look of exasperation on his face. "It doesn't bloody well take two people to fetch some papers. Make it less than half a tick, and go on your own.... god, you two're worse than teenagers," he muttered to himself, grinning.

"Anyway, Robert. Do you know of anyone who you believe would be suited to join us in this? Brian, perhaps?" He asked, looking at the Minister now
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Tremaine Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:41 am

"Keep pushing your luck there, Sirius, and it will be two ticks," Michael said. "Oh, and you're welcome. I intend to train Jack to be a lot more like me. So you should well have to put up with me in some for or another for the next century." Then he shouted down the hallway. "Hear that, Walburga? Another 100 years!"

"Don't bait the poor girl, Michael," Robert laughed. "I had her behaving. She's just afraid you'll make off with her."

"Oh, God. Why would I want her?" Michael frowned. "Sirius can have her. Trust me, I am no threat to her, except by paintball."

"And duct tape, and hexing, and foul language..." Robert finished. Then he waved Michael and Jack off and turned back to Jess. "No. I don't think I can spare Brian, under the circumstances. However, Angus loves adventure, and I think this task would suit him very well. I'm quite sure he'd go along."
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top