A little bit wet
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A little bit wet Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A little bit wet

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A little bit wet Empty A little bit wet

Post by Melissa Finnigan Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:45 pm

Spring had almost nearly kind-of-possibly sprung. The snow was slowly beginning to subside, making the large winter-proof boots Millie had worn throughout the season clunky and unnecessary. Still she wore them though, the mustard laces standing out ostentatiously against the black of the boot. She seemed to be a supporter of the house of the badger if her footwear was anything to go by. Her main clothing articles were a lot odder and seemed to reflect the strange interpretative dance she was doing on the embankment of the Black Lake. The lake dwelling animals and insects were out in full force as were many of the students both from her own and other houses. Millie was dancing with the light breeze drifting off of the water, the tassels of her crimson and gold scarf twirling against each other as they moved in the wind.

Jumping suddenly, Millie let out a loud, high pitched ‘hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii-yaaaaaaaaaaahhhh’ sound that caused many of the students around her to look up and watch with incredulity as she launched herself through the air, sticking one leg out in front of the other and clenching her fists as she performed the move. Only, you see, she failed to land as she imagined and so when her boot clad feet touched down on the uneven ground, she stumbled. Millie let out an incredibly unladylike shriek - though that wasn’t to say her move before had been anything but ladylike - and flailed forwards in a vain effort to keep herself on her feet. But as luck would have it, the water had deposited a rather large rock on the embankment and so, classic to her character, Millie tripped and found herself careering head first towards the water.

And to say it was cold was an understatement.

With a somewhat exaggerated gasp, Millie threw herself up from the water she’d fallen into and dragged her feet to the floor. She threw her arms up into the air and slapped them back against the water, the impact of which caused her to shriek all over again. Sighing, Millie resigned herself to the fact that she was going to spend the rest of the day wet and instead embraced it, letting herself drift onto her back and lazily paddle through the water.
Melissa Finnigan
Melissa Finnigan
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 669
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

A little bit wet Empty Re: A little bit wet

Post by Lily D'Eath Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:23 pm

It was almost Spring time, which was a great relief to Lily seeing how she wasn't that much a Winter time person. Don't get Lily wrong it was pretty and everything but this was the worse time that Lily got sick and she hated being sick. Although Spring was just around the corner it was still a bit breezy at times but nothing to major. Careful not to get her new shoes that dirty Lily skipped happily down the lake enjoying the nice warmer weather that they were having. As she entered the lake she seen a girl that appeared to be a Gryffindor by the color of the scarf around her neck flapping her arms like a mad person. "Um... are you ok?"Lily asked her softly.

That was a stupid question to ask, of course she wasn't ok for she was all wet and probably cold seeing how it wasn't really that warm. As she looked at the girl choose of clothing she thought they were a bit weird but it did seem to suit her rather well. Lily on the other hand, was wearing a black long sleeve shirt with blue jeans and black boots with her Ravenclaw Scarf wrapped around her neck. It wasn't as weird as the girl clothes but hey who was she to judge the girl probably thought her clothes were weird as well so they were oribably on the same page. Lily designed some of her clothes though, but the clothes she had on she didn't but although when sprin comes she was going to start wearing her own designs.

Lily wanted people to see how talented she was, and not just some seventh year Ravenclaw that her father slept with different women and she didn't know who her mother was. Lily was so tired of being marked that name it was pathetic and stupid. Plus people didn't know her nor her family so they really needed to stop talking smack on what they didn't know. Lily was proud of who she was, even though her father did sleep with various women didn't mean he was a bad person. She loved her family very much and she didn't like anyone bad mouthing them.
Lily D'Eath
Lily D'Eath
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 280

Back to top Go down

Post by Melissa Finnigan Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:06 pm

In times that other people would consider crisis, Millie had this habit of being incredibly chilled. In fact, it was less like a habit and more like a way of life. She admittedly was not as at home in the water as she would’ve liked to have been but she was hardly complaining. Yes, it was uncomfortably cold but she knew that it was nothing a few warming charms wouldn’t sort out when she finally left the water. Millie couldn’t enjoy it as much as she wanted to because not only was the water murkier than usual - an unfortunate side effect of the Selkie mating season. That thought alone made Millie grimace and soon enough she was making for the shore, her face contorted in disgust by the idea of Selkies mating away under the surface. Millie had moved faster in her life but she hadn’t quite had the same facial expression before and it was enough to make anyone, especially her brother, break down in true belly laughs. Even a glance could invoke a few snickers and snorts.

At the sound of a voice, the dripping Gryffindor lifted her head and looked up to see a girl with dark hair and oddly bright eyes inquiring as to whether she was alright. Millie cast a look down at herself. It was clear to see from her appearance that she really wasn’t but she felt good in herself and shrugged her shoulders at the girl, a goofy grin appearing on her face. Millie trudged out of the water, pulling at the buttons of her blouse. She slid it off of her shoulders, leaving herself bare bar her sky blue bra. She balled the shirt up in her hands and wrung either side, trying to get as much of the moisture out of it as possible. Millie laughed despite herself and shrugged her shoulders again, this time in response to the girl. Millie still had yet to put the weight on she’d lost due to her run in with Felix. She was still narrow and spindly, like a clothes horse almost. However, she didn’t look nearly as ill as she had before and she wasn’t quite rail thin so it wasn’t entirely unpleasant to look upon her.

“Ok? I’m great!” Millie exclaimed with a breathy laugh, the shivers beginning to wrack her frame telling quite a different story. “Unexpected though that was I’m feeling quite chipper. Um. You wouldn’t happen to know any warming or drying charms would you? I think I might’ve left my wand in the dorm. I’m Millie by the way. Millie Finnigan at your service.” She smiled, sticking her hand out for the girl to shake, momentarily forgetting the fact that it was wet.
Melissa Finnigan
Melissa Finnigan
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily D'Eath Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:33 pm

Lily looked at the girl like she was crazy as she let out a breathly laugh. Lily wouldn't be laughing if she fell into the lake and gotten all wet. Although Lily didn't like being cold nor wet but it seems that this girl was enjoying it a bit. Sometimes people can be really odd at times, but hey alot of people thought she was weird for loved reading. But it was in her blood, she was a true Ravenclaw at heart no matter if she tried to deny it which she did the first two years of her Hogwarts life. Lily looked around the Great Lake and saw that she wasn't the only one that was laughing at this Gryffindor girl. But Lily saw that she didn't care what other people thought about her, and that was something that she liked in people.

When she said that she was ok Lily sighed in relief. "Oh thank goodness, I thought you might be freezing from falling into the water I know I would be!"said Lily honestly. As she asked if she knew a drying charm Lily nodded. "Yes I do, sorry for not doing it to you before hand!"said Lily as she gotten out her wand and pointed it at the girl. "Ventus!"said Lily hoping it worked on the girl that way a gush of wind would come and dry the girl off. As she pocketed her wand she heard the girl introduce herself. "Nice to meet you Mille I'm Lilian, Lilian D'Eath but please call me Lily cause Lilian sounds to serious."said Lily shaking her head and then shaking the girl hand. Not that Lily hated her name she just didn't like it cause it sounded to serious for her taste. She didn't know why her parents just couldn't simply call her Lily instead of Lilian.

"So what year are you in? I'm a seventh year and a Ravenclaw as you can see."said Lily nodding to her scarf that was around her neck. Of course, you could pretty much tell which house a person was in for pretty much everyone wore their scarfs around school. But there was times when you could tell by their personality and what they looked like which house and year they were in. Lily guessed this girl was about a fifith year but she could be wrong. Although, Lily was pretty much not wrong at guessing things but hey she wasn't perfect.

Lily D'Eath
Lily D'Eath
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Melissa Finnigan Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:24 pm

It was because of her very nature that Millie had not encountered many of the female members of the Hogwarts population. She preferred the company of males as a rule and certainly lived up to that tendency so for Millie it was very bizarre to be standing before a female that really wasn’t Gisele or Roxi - not that she really counted them as females, they were bros. This one wasn’t nearly as spiteful as some of the girls Millie had encountered, though. Gryffindors in particular seemed to have a problem with the vivacious young blonde and Millie wasn’t conceited enough to say it was because of her charm, good looks and her way with men. No, far from it in fact. Millie knew she was an irritation to most young women, firstly because of her less than tasteful sense of humour, secondly because of the amount of illegal activities she partook in and thirdly because she just wasn’t their cup of tea. Millie wouldn’t have had it any other way really but it still seemed odd to her to be lacking so drastically in female companionship - not that she was actively looking for it, though.

Millie only just managed to stifle a gasp as the wind engulfed her small frame and flooded past her, taking with it the sogginess of her form. She licked her lips hastily not a moment after, her hands coming up to brush her hair out of her eyes. Millie found the gaze of the girl and her eyes bugged slightly as the girl continued talking. For once, Millie found that she was lost for words. She was used to being the overbearing one of the talkative pair, not that this girl was overbearing...just...talking. Millie cleared her throat and brought her hand up to scratch her cheek before shrugging her shoulders in a rough up-and-down motion that made her clothes rustle as they tried to get used to the new feeling of dryness. Millie clucked her tongue against her teeth and kicked at some of the mud at her feet before looking up at the girl once more and thrusting her hand out between them, this time her hand actually somewhat dry. Kind of damp but much more pleasant than the wet appendage she’d offered mere moments ago. “Well Lillian but call me Lily because Lillian sounds to serious, I guess we’re a pair!” Millie beamed and shook the girl’s hand firmly.

“Oh! I’m a fifth year. O.W.L year and all that. Finding your N.E.W.T studies difficult yet? I heard after Christmas the shit was going to hit the fan. Oh, wait. D’Eath, right? Potions and all that. You probably won’t know what a fan is. Huh. Funny old world, innit? I get that it’s warm for the time of year - which means it’s cold - and I hate to sound clichéd but what brings you out here today?”
Melissa Finnigan
Melissa Finnigan
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily D'Eath Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:05 pm

Millie was sure different then any of her other friends, but Lily admired how different she was and how she didn't care. Lily thought it was stupid how the Hogwarts population judge people on there looks rather then what's inside. Lily maybe a pure-blood but one thing she learned, was never to judge a book by it's ocer and she nevered did. Lily guessed it was because her siblings alll come from different houses but there was one thing that was the same about them, and that was that they nevered judge anyone on who they are. Although being a pure-blood your trained to think muggles and muggle-borns are scums but Lily didn't think that way for she believed everyone was the same in some way.

Lily looked at Millie and let out a chuckle. "Sorry, I didn't mean to fright you if I did."said Lily softly as she seen her eyes were bugged out. "Are you ok?"Lily asked her softly as her brown eyes looked at her with worry in them for she looked a bit taken back. As she seen her move fianlly Lily jumped back alittle and looked back at Millie wondering how she felt now that her clothes were a bit dry. Lily chuckled and shook the girls hand. "I guess we are!"said Lily still chuckling. "Are your shoes ok? they looked like they still have water in them."said Lily softly. Lily hated walking around with water in her shoes it made her feet cold and it was rather annoying when you were walking.

Lily nodded figuring that she had to be at lease a fifith or sixth year and she was right. Lily shook her head. "It's a bit hard, but me being a Ravenclaw I study alot fro them!"said Lily shrugging as if i wasn't no big deal. Lily looked at Millie and chuckled. "It is a odd word, what other odd things do muggles have?"Lily asked her curiously. When Millie asked what she was doing out here she shrugged. "I was tired of being the castle all week, so I decided to get some fresh air."said Lily softly.
Lily D'Eath
Lily D'Eath
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum