Allies and Enemies - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Allies and Enemies - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Allies and Enemies

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Allies and Enemies - Page 2 Empty Re: Allies and Enemies

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:33 pm

"Wait a second," Robert said. "I dont care much that you dont like me. That's your choice, and is none of my business. But--I've seen you fight for the right for witches and wizards to live in peace. You must have surely thought that was what he was going to deliver. And he hasn't. Just because thats where you tossed you lot doesn't mean you need to keep it there, unless you are willing to die for your own pride. You surely wouldn' be the first man who stood up for what he wanted, no matter what anyone else thought, if you changed your mind now. And, no, I am not saying you need to blindly side with me. I don't expect you to.

"Roland, think. Are any of the things you're fighting for going to actually be in existence 20 years from now? When we're both too feeble to muster up a Nox spell? If you're going to fight, then for goodness sakes, fight for something that lasts. I fight for my children, my grandchildren. My great grandchildren. My family that comes after me. That lasts. Family, love, connection--those are the only things that are truly eternal. Everything else is just illusion anyway. I respect that you want to fight for what you believe in, but if you're willing to die for it, then just be sure its something that is a lasting credit to your legacy. You have certainly earned a place in the history books, but you can still write the last half of your own story and determine how people remember you by what you choose in this last half of your journey.

"Make it worth it," Robert said quietly.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by James Roland Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:54 am

Robert made a good point, and he had now made it clear that Roland would be forgiven for his part in Grindelwalds coup if he changed his side soon and stopped supporting him. But Roland couldn't think properly now, perhaps later at home he would consider it... but he would probably make the same decision. Whatever Robert said, it was hard for Roland to convince himself that changing sides would be better. Siding with Robert would mean possible death as a traitor, if not, it would certainly mean a loss of all his positions and seeing his nemesis become minister again. Siding with Grindelwald would give more blows to his pride as he would watch the mad dictator tear apart the Wizarding World. He was trapped.

"I have no family," Roland responded bluntly. He had a wife once, but that was a while ago, and they had no children. All his life he had only focused on his job really. "Nothing lasts, besides legacy. They will remember me one day, but as who, the traitor? Only if you win. But you will not win Lupin, you might think you outnumber him, but thats not true. I have been feeding these people lies for half a year now. They all hate you, both of you, and won't be happy when you try to retake the position," Roland replied grimly. He stood up, having made his decision. "If you care for your family so much, take them to America, and live there peacefully. You cannot do anything here."
James Roland
James Roland
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 167

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:23 am

Robert was reminded as Roland was speaking of a book he'd read many times and a pivotal moment where a once strong character had been reduced to a moment like this--feeling trapped into choosing illusion because it appeared more concrete than the reality right in front of him. It had been tragic in course of the book, and somehow Robert didn't feel like it was much less tragic right now.

Robert was silent a moment. "We have already made our choice, just as you appear to have made yours. We will stay and stand together like we have always done. And you will do what you must. I would like to think that in another time and place this might have turned out differently. I have no desire to be at odds with you. I am sorry it is turning out this way. You can choose to believe it or not. You tell Gellert Grindlewald what you like. But he knows already that at some point I will be coming for him. He surely knew that before he borrowed my office so that he could turn madmen loose to torture men, women, and children. He broke more wizarding laws that you can even begin to recall. If all you have against me is that I am not against nepotism, then you have a feeble case against me indeed. Most of our world was built, defended by, and maintained by some form of nepotism, and you know it. And I am not likely to stop surrounding myself with people I trust anymore than you might want to do that yourself."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top