In with the new, and keep the old. - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

In with the new, and keep the old. - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

In with the new, and keep the old.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In with the new, and keep the old. - Page 2 Empty Re: In with the new, and keep the old.

Post by Alexander Jones Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:49 am

Alex smiled at her and sat down beside her, he heard her say, "Does that mean I don't have to tell you anything? You can figure things about me on your own?" Serena said, "I don't know, do you want me too, I can figure out somethings." Alex said because at times he had gotten people mad.

"You do seem very flexible. I bet you use that to try and pick up girls. Most would find the stuff you did very impressive. I know I did. Maybe you could teach me some of those moves." Serena had said, "Well there's a story behind all the things I do, it's a long story if you wanna hear."

"I love to read. It helps me escape reality. Not think about real life and just get away. That's my escape. Coming out here, helps set the mood for reading. And the escape." Serena had said, "Well uh, I just read because it helps me relax and it's fun."
Alexander Jones
Alexander Jones
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 348
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

In with the new, and keep the old. - Page 2 Empty Re: In with the new, and keep the old.

Post by Serena Mangetsu Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:58 pm

"Yea, I'll let you figure some things out. What good is it if you already know everything about a person?" Alex didn't scoot away or anything when Serena sat next to him. So she felt that she was alright where she was.

"If you're willing to tell me your story I am willing to listen to it. No matter how long you think it is." Serena said with a smile on her face. She turned towards him. "I am willing to listen. But if you don't want to talk about it. That's fine." Serena learned from experience that usually when someone states that it's really long. They usually don't want to talk about it. She didn't want to press the issue.

"Everyone has a different use for reading. But reading for fun is always a nice way to go." Serena said without loosing the smile on her face.
Serena Mangetsu
Serena Mangetsu

Number of posts : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Jones Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:48 pm

Alex killed a fly on his leg, and flicked it off, luckily there was no fly slime on his foot, he turned back to Serena, "Yea, I'll let you figure some things out. What good is it if you already know everything about a person?" Serena said, Alex looked at her, "Ok, let me see what I can get. A yellow-ochre Spectacled Owl, and a cat, which I cannot tell what kind, you are not very street smart, or at transfiguration, there is another class but I don't know, you are book smart, creative, caring, your good at potions and charms. And..... your-" Alex said, but he wasn't going to mention her brother dying.

"If you're willing to tell me your story I am willing to listen to it. No matter how long you think it is. I am willing to listen. But if you don't want to talk about it. That's fine." Serena said, Alex nodded at her, "Ok here it goes. When I was 5 my parents desided to move around the world, since it was my mothers world tour, my mother is a hollywood celeberity, but I usually don't say that, my mother is Penelope Jones, my dad used to play in the NBA but is now a buisness man, so when we moved around the world, I didn't feel like staying in the hotel all day, so I walked out and met people, in France, I saw all this kids running from the cops, and I didn't want to be caught, you know 'wrong time wrong place' so I ran after then and followed them, thats when I saw them jumping from building to building, they were doing Parkour, and I hadn't even taken classes one of those kids had said, 'Dont let anything stop you.' So I just ran, and made it to the other building, after I practiced more and became more algetic. I moved from country to country learning new things. And during my sparetime I read sherlock holmes books, learning things and becoming really good at deduction.

"So I started getting good, when I was in my third year, I was doing mysteries, and during the summer, I did one dangerous case, after I found the killer my brother had been in the wrong place and at the wrong time, the killer went after us, and tried to kill me, he didn't, but killed my brother."
Alex said.
Alexander Jones
Alexander Jones
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Serena Mangetsu Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:56 am

Serena was amazed at everything that Alex knew about her. She wondered what he was going to say. But she decided against asking. "That's amazing that you know so much. Do I want to know how you do?" She smiled at him. Serena really was amazed, but she was slightly nervous out how he did know most of that. But brushed it off, she hadn't really taken notice to him before. But some of that seemed like common knowledge if they were in class together.

Serena listened attentively to Alex's story. is moms famous and his dad used to play in the NBA. Serena didn't really know what the NBA was. But she was to embarrassed to ask him about it. Alex moved around a lot. Serena thought that's how he knew Spanish. She wondered how many languages he knew from his travels. "What is Parkour? I have never heard of that before." Serena really wanted to know what that was. It sounded like fun. Jumping over buildings. Serena probably would never do it. She would be just a little to scared.

Serena smiled when he said that he read Sherlock Holmes books. She liked those, and she was impressed that he was a good detective. She gasped when he told her about his brother dying. "I don't know what to say, other than I'm sorry. I sort of know what it's like to loose a brother. Since you know a lot about me. You probably already know about that. It sucks that he died. I understand some of what you feel. For me I can't remember much before my brother died. I still have nightmares about it. If you ever want to talk about you're brother, I know I have never met him. But I'll be more than happy to listen to you, about anything." Serena turned and faced him. She knew 'wrong place, wrong time' all to well herself. She didn't like to well. But it seems to happen a lot.
Serena Mangetsu
Serena Mangetsu

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Jones Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:22 pm

Alex looked at Serena, "I know Spanish, because I am Half Spanish, yeah my mom is from Spain." Alex smiled at her.

"What is Parkour? I have never heard of that before." Serena asked, Alex looked at her, since alot of people just called it ninja, or FreeRunning. He looked at her, "Parkour is a Martial art invented on the streets of France to get away from the police, it's a way of moving around, like an example would be, I was being chased by a gang, and I ran into dead end, by an apartment, what I did was, kick of the wall, and jump from wall to until I got to the emeregency stairs and ran up to the top of the roof, and then jumped from building to building till I got to my house." Alex said giving her a example that had happened to him a year ago.

"I don't know what to say, other than I'm sorry. I sort of know what it's like to loose a brother. Since you know a lot about me. You probably already know about that. It sucks that he died. I understand some of what you feel. For me I can't remember much before my brother died. I still have nightmares about it. If you ever want to talk about you're brother, I know I have never met him. But I'll be more than happy to listen to you, about anything." Serena said, Alex began to feel a little bad for her, he knew about her brother, didn't want to say to get her mad. "It's fine, but you know what, Serena.... I like you." Alex said, leaving in that mysterious way where she would think What way does he like me?
Alexander Jones
Alexander Jones
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Serena Mangetsu Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:34 am

Serena wondered if she asked about how he knew Spanish out loud. She was a little confused as to why he told her. But a least it wasn't a guessing game for her anymore. Part of him was Spanish, maybe being friends with him she'll learn a new language. She hadn't really thought about learning Spanish before. But knowing different languages was really great, more versatile. Serena thought Alex had a really beautiful smile.

Alex looked at Serena when he explained Parkour to her. "I think I would be to scared to do that. It sounds like tons of fun, but I'm not that outgoing." Serena was not embarrassed by the fact. She sometimes wished that she would be able to do something like that. But that wasn't her personality and she doubted she would grow into someone like that.

"Serena.... I like you." Serena looked at him when he said her name. Then he said 'I like you'. She had a really confused expression. She really didn't know what to say. " I...I like, as well, Alex." She was taken a back. She wondered what he meant behind it.
Serena Mangetsu
Serena Mangetsu

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Jones Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:44 pm

Alex was surprised he hadn't drove her away yet, every girl he had met ecxcluding Rhys had been driven away by his powers of deduction when they just yelled 'STALKER!' And ran away, but Serena hadn't (Neither had Rhys), Alex was really starting to like this girl, she had a beautiful smile, and she was beautiful herself.

After Alex said I like you, she seemed a bit Uneasy, " I...I like, as well, Alex." Serena said, Alex was just about to say, as in a friend but then he asked Serena, "In what way?" Alex was really curious.
Alexander Jones
Alexander Jones
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Serena Mangetsu Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:43 pm

"As a friend for sure. I mean you are really kind and caring. Out all of this time you made me mad once and you apologized right after. Not many people do that. Also you stayed and talked to me instead of brushing me off and going somewhere else. Which I am very happy about. I don't have any friends. I only have people that use me for things. I would say you are a big improvement which I enjoy very much." Serena smiled.

There was a lot more she could say about him but she held back. She was happy that he was in the Courtyard tonight. She left her book unread and enjoyed her conversation. Especially since she thought that he was cute. Cute guys really didn't talk to her. Hopefully this wasn't a one time thing. She would really like to hang out with this Hufflepuff a lot more.
Serena Mangetsu
Serena Mangetsu

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum