Distressed - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Distressed - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Distressed

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Distressed - Page 3 Empty Re: Distressed

Post by Zoe Gould Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:22 pm

Zoe couldn't help but grimace at him when he nearly choked on his food. "Is it impossible for me to tell a joke?" She asked stiffly, staring at him with an angry glint in her eyes. He proceeded to say he was going to drink two bottles of vodka, and she couldn't help but smirk. "There is no way you are drinking that much on your own... it's a wonder you're even alive." She said watching him carefully, people had finally seemed to understand that Nemo's fun time on the table was done, and had gone back to their conversations.

Zoe's eyes followed Nemo as he started to lay out shot glasses, and Zoe started to second guess herself. Was she really going to do this? Drink with this man.. she couldn't even remember the last time she had been drunk, she had a problem of wanting to make sure she had good appearance, and when she did drink, it was in her own apartment, not out in public in a bar, or with a man she barely knew or... whatever the hell she was thinking right then. She barely knew her own limits, and she had no idea how long it would take to get as drunk as she wanted to be. And she was afraid... what if she got sexual? What if she... embarrassed herself beyond repair, what if in her drunken haze she decided to go back to the Ministry that was so close to here. "Maybe... this is a bad idea.." Zoe said carefully, her eyes glued on the shot glasses lined up on the table.
Zoe Gould
Zoe Gould

Number of posts : 152

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Omara Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:07 am

"You tell me. I have been trying to get that kind of reaction out of you all night," Nemo complained, despite the fact that the evening had only just begun, and that he had enjoyed his attempts to crack Zoe's shell. Though, her reluctance to relax had begun to irritate him.

Before long, two rows of ten outlined the table. With a hand that had been made steady during his many years of serving the Ministry of Magic, he held the first bottle of whiskey at a tilt, and began to fill each shot class. He moved down each row without hesitation, allowing the alcohol to spill from the lips of the bottle he held firmly in his right hand. During this process, several droplets had missed their target and had fallen to the table's surface - but much in the way that Nemo had savored his cheeseburger, Nemo refused to allow the spilt alcohol to be wasted.

Once more acting in the most inappropriate manner possible, Nemo stepped down from his position on the table's edge and hunched over the table. His tongue flicked out of his mouth, and he began to lap up the Vodka. He acted as though his survival depended entirely on the free alcohol. Surely, his heart would have stopped beating at the absence of that small serving of the drink. As he finished, Nemo straightened once more and smirked suggestively in Zoe’s direction, earning another handful of reactions from the others within the bar. Whistling rung in Nemo’s ear, fueling his smile.

Alas, Nemo took a seat in the chair on the opposite side of the table. The aged piece of furniture had gone unnoticed by him until then. And it was likely that Nemo would not remain seated in the chair for long, for he had great difficulty remaining still. His thoughts zipped about within the confines of his skull far too quickly for such a level of inactivity; to go without acting in the spontaneous nature that locals had begun to associate him with would become painful before long.

Nemo eyed Zoe from across the table as his fingers lingered on the first of the shot classes that made up his row. “What else are doctors good for? The way I see it, if I drink the fatal drop, I’ll just swing by the hospital and I’ll have my stomach pumped. Then I will start all over again,” Nemo replied. With ease, Nemo had constructed his response of terms that the men and woman around them would not question. His muggle father had taught him well.

“Do what you’d like. I am going to the other side whether you go with me or not,” he informed Zoe, and with a swift right hand, Nemo brought the rim of the class that he’d chosen to his lips. He threw the drink back, before flipping the glass upside-down and slamming it against the tabletop. His parted fingers moved to the next and he repeated this process without so much as a grimace. As though the Vodka that he had poured had broken down to water, Nemo washed his burger down with the liquid. It certainly would not be long before the man had finished off his supply.

Last edited by Nemo Omara on Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Nemo Omara
Nemo Omara
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 644
Special Abilities : Seer

http://sergeantabraham.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoe Gould Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:53 am

Zoe stared at the man as he spoke. He had been trying to get her relax? Well he had done a pretty bad job of it. Seeing as she had only managed to make her feel more awkward, specially when he smiled at her like that, and got whistles from the audience they appeared to still have. She gave them a glare and they turned back to their burgers again, but she knew that they would be drawn back to them again, it was just to amusing for them to pass up.

Zoe stared at the man as he poured the vodka, and she sighed, watching him start to down each shot. "Fine.." She said reluctantly and picked up one of the glasses, glaring at the liquid for a moment before she downed it. It burned, BAD, and she nearly coughed it back up, but she managed to only make a face and set it back down, before she could even react, she picked up another and downed it as well. Zoe made a face and stared at him. "I understand why you have to eat that burger before you start.. it will soak up some of the drink... and keep you from getting TO drunk..." She said making a face before she downed another and had to sit for a moment, recovering. "Damn... It has been to long.." she said making a face and sitting back, feeling as though her vision was a little fuzzy and she had a pleasant butterfly feeling in her stomach in replace of the burning pain that had been there when she had first downed the drinks.
Zoe Gould
Zoe Gould

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Omara Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:23 am

"Actually," Nemo began as he turned over the last of his shot glasses. Already he was beginning to smell strongly of alcohol, and he was certain that the burning sensation that the Vodka had inflicted upon him had settled in his core for good. "I ate that burger," Nemo tossed a finger lazily in the direction of his clean plate, "because I was hungry, and because this bar makes the best damn burgers on the planet. If I could have held off on eating until after I'd had a bit to drink, I would have."

He shrugged, as though he was having difficulty coming to terms with the fact that the alcohol he'd swallowed would not have as powerful of an effect. "But hey, a guy's gotta eat," he added. It was an inevitable fact; he had been too hungry, and his cravings for cheese-smothered beef had been too strong for him to wait any longer.

For a moment Nemo paused with his fingers curled around the neck of the bottle of Vodka, so to watch as Zoe started on her own shots. He tilted his head to one side as his eyes skimmed over her face, in search of the grimace that he was certain would take over her features as she drank. It was interesting; the powerful effect that the alcohol had on the woman. Nemo himself could not remember the last time he'd struggled to such an extent with his alcohol. For his tolerance had only strengthened with each evening he'd spent drinking himself into oblivion.

After paying Zoe a moment’s attention, Nemo lifted the bottle from the table and refilled the glasses that he had already finished off. With the hand that was not working to hold the bottle at a tilt, Nemo pulled the brim of his western hat downward, until all that was visible of his face was his upturned lips. "First one to do twenty shots, wins," he informed Zoe in a phony Southern drawl.
Nemo Omara
Nemo Omara
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoe Gould Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:31 am

Zoe smirked at him. "What, do you just spend all your money on drinks then?" She said with a smirk before she shook her head. "Don't think I didn't notice you take the extra money Mr. Omara.." she said calmly, smiling just slightly, her lips twisted into a grin. "I don't mind.. Don't think of it that way.. when you are like me.... you make more then you can use..." She said, frowning as he filled up the glasses, her eyes following his hand, wondering how much more she could possibly take, she was already feeling light headed.

"Twenty.." she whispered, staring at him. "Seriously?" She suddenly leaned forward. "It's a good thing we are more tolerant towards alcohol Mr. Omara.. how you don't draw attention to the fact that you can take twenty shots and not DIE is beyond me... and I'm sure you will beat me.. but.. fine... lets do this..." She said preparing herself, staring at the shot glasses in front of her. "I sure hope you don't intend anything more then getting drunk tonight Mr. Omara.." She said with a smirk, before she looked up at him. "Three, two, one..." She smiled at him. "Go!" She picked up her first shot glass and worked her way down the row, downing them as fast as she could.
Zoe Gould
Zoe Gould

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Omara Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:06 am

While Nemo had not intended to be sneaky when he'd robbed Zoe's wallet, he certainly hadn't expected to be called out on the action. He had been a fair distance away from the woman when he'd stashed a fistful of her money into his pocket, after all. But it seemed as though she had looked his way at just the right moment. Or perhaps she had enchanted her wallet to inform her of such intrusions, so to make certain that being stolen from did not become a frequent occurrence - but Nemo had not jumped to this conclusion straight away, because he had been given no reason to believe that Zoe truly cared for the money. Nemo hadn't pegged Zoe as the type of person to take such precautions, due to the fact that she'd willingly handed her wallet over to a man whom she'd never truly met. And so, Nemo faltered as he drew another shot glass towards his lips out of evident surprise. "And the plot thickens," he muttered in reply, having anticipated a slap on the wrist for his thievery...

Only to find that he had been incorrect in his assumptions - yet again. In fact, Zoe's indifference had nearly caused Nemo to choke on his alcohol as he'd swallowed. "I'll take it off of your hands, if you like. I would be more than willing to sacrifice my soul and all of the other sparkly bits that people claim to be spoiled by riches, if it meant that you would no longer have to bear the crushing weight of that padded wallet of yours," Nemo offered sarcastically as he forced down the remainder of his drink. "Seriously," he began again. "How is it that you get paid more to give monsters a bubble bath than I do for roping in bad guys?" He inquired. It was a decent question.

"Yes, as a matter of fact, I do. There is no finer waste of one's hard earned money than liquor, and greasy dinners. If it brings me satisfaction, I blow my money on it, and I would have it no other way," Nemo answered. He twitched his arm towards his face as he continued in his journey down his row of shot classes - before he stopped himself once more to correct his previous words. "Though I wouldn't mind a nicer place to sleep. My room in the Leaky Cauldron is rather... moldy," he added in an almost thoughtful manner, and tossed back his Vodka.

He met eyes with Zoe, his crystal gaze glittering with amusement. He leaned forward in the same way that she had, and replied in a hushed voice, as though sharing a secret, "I think people just gave up trying to explain the fact that I can hold down my Vodka, and decided that it is better to simply sit back and watch." He leaned in closer, until the brim of his hat met with Zoe's forehead. "Besides, I have died drinking. Dying isn't the tricky part -- it's coming back to life that takes a bit of practice." Without moving away from Zoe, he grinned proudly. "Done. I win," he announced.
Nemo Omara
Nemo Omara
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoe Gould Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:16 am

Zoe couldn't help but let out a laugh when he said he'd take the wallet off of her hands. Zoe wasn't even tipsy enough to feel bad, but she didn't care. She pulled out her wallet, and after counting out the muggle pounds, she frowned and then nodded, handing over the wallet. "Hmm... I do believe there is enough in there to pay your rent for another year.. and get you meals at this place once a week.. Unless you decide to drop it all off on alcohol, which of course, be my guest... I have plenty.." she said, surprising even herself at her generosity, she wasn't exactly the most.. kind type of person.

"And I get paid to research them Mr. Omara... not give them bubble baths... that and I am the head of the Department... and I have been so for a few years, I do believe that gives me a sort of advantage over you in the salary department... and I do not spend my time drinking, nor do I waste my money.. I do not have a family, I have a cheap apartment, and I take care of myself... that is it.. over time you find your hours and the amount you are paid adds up, until I don't' know what to do with it all.. I just.. save it."

Zoe looked pretty surprised when his hat touched her forehead and her view was dominated by the man she had just given a wallet of money too, and agreed to go out drinking with. "You sir... are remarkable.." She said in a hushed voice, before she pulled back and swallowed another glassful of vodka. When he announced he won, she shook her head. "You cheated... but I let you.." She said with a smirk, feeling extremely dizzy now, and rather giggly. Her back wasn't as straight, and she was smiling. "I have to admit... vodka is amazing..." She said, her voice starting to slur.
Zoe Gould
Zoe Gould

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum