It's time we spoke
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

It's time we spoke Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

It's time we spoke

View previous topic View next topic Go down

It's time we spoke Empty It's time we spoke

Post by Jess Potter Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:37 am

"What a waste of our time," Jess said angrily as he and James walked out of the Entrance Hall into the chilly nighttime grounds.

"I mean, if you're going to have a meeting, at least discuss something worthwhile... I swear all these people care about is their own sense of power," he muttered as they made their way out of the hearing range of any particularly nosy students in the castle.

The truth was that Jess did feel slightly apprehensive about having a proper conversation with James. The last time they had really been in contact hadn't gone too well, and shortly after that the two had met on... well, these grounds as fighters in a war he had directly opposed.

"I figured you and I needed to... well, we need to discuss where you and I stand," he said slowly, the cocky tone he had maintained throughout the staff meeting being replaced by mildly nervous one.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

It's time we spoke Empty Re: It's time we spoke

Post by James William Wilson Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:34 am

''You knew it would be a waste of time, Jess. You knew it as much as I did. But still, our attendance was obligatory not for their sake, but for the sake of this school and the children within it'', he explained calmly. He said what he had to say, he was not aroused, he was calm, a little agitated maybe, but still, calm.

He presumed Jess wanted to talk about this. Since their last meeting, the two of them had not spoken much. They were not officially enemies, but they were not allies. They were... two people that knew each other. Nothing more. Now, Jess thought it was necessary to clear that up. Wilson agreed.

''Jess, then, at that time, things were as they were. The situation was not much, but it still was, different. We had our disagreements in relation to the school, now, I think you will be able to asses the situation from my point of view. You already know where my loyalties are and how I think. The only question is, what do you have to say to me'', Wilson said, a friendly smile escaping his usually cold expression.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:47 am

"We have our differences," Jess began, deciding that to start off he needed to address the things of the past before moving on. Things that huge, that significant... they needed to be addressed or else they'd come back to cause strife in the future.

"We have our differences, but they are a part of the past, I'm sure you can agree. A lot has happened since we last spoke and I think that the importance of creating a strong, unified front in order to maintain a strong hold on the safety and security of the students outweighs any disagreements we may have had in the past," he said, slightly nervous as to how Wilson was going to react.

"I actually have a plan, one I think that you would be interested in... you and Doyle... it'd be very simple, but highly effective, I believe," he said, pausing to let Wilson mull that over for a minute. If there was no interest then it was a lost cause from the outset, but if he was even mildly curious then there was still a measure of hope.

((Sorry for the poor quality. I'm quite distracted right now xD))
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:52 am

''That is something I have always said. That is why I was so firmly against the Order's intervention at that time'', Wilson explained. Jess' proposal was something that interested him. His friend obviously had a plan on how to improve the current situation, which was good. Wilson did not have time for detailed planning, he had classes to do, pupils to guard and other worries that did not allow him to trouble himself with detailed planning. ''I would like to hear it. I cannot promise much, but I would definitely like to hear what you have to say'', he said, calmly.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:01 am

Jess nodded, that was all he had asked for, some interest, now it was his turn on the floor, and whilst his plan was a simple one, it would need some convincing as the risks were... well, high.

"I propose we, the teachers who oppose the reign of Grindelwald, or at least whom oppose the way the students are being treated start to band together and try and make things a lot easier for us, and for the students. I believe that if we unify, then threaten to all of us quit if anyone is targeted, or if anyone has their employment put into question. They cannot fire us all, and as you and I have seen in recent years, the school struggles for staff, and it cannot function without that staff. If we unify then we will hold the cards to act however we see as being the correct way to act," he explained, coming to a halt so that he could read James' expression in the moonlight reflected off the lake better.

"I'm sure Doyle would support us, I don't know him as well as you do, but it's fairly obvious that he'll take any means to ensure that this school retains a decent staff. The ones I would be looking at speaking to, I mean, the ones I view as possibly being sympathetic are Amelia and that Care of Magical Creatures professor. What're your thoughts?" He asked
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:27 pm

''Now, that is a very interesting and bold, not to say slightly stupid, plan, but I like it. Wasn't there always some madness in reason?'', Wilson began with a friendly smile. ''You can definitely count on Doyle's support, that much I can guarantee you. As for Amelia, I think she will support our cause, especially after Doyle or I speak to her, as for the Care of Magical Creatures professor, I must say, frankly, I have no clue as to who teaches that subject at the moment. Since I don't stroll around much, I haven't had the opportunity to meet him... or her'', he elaborated calmly.

''As for your plan for a collective resignation, I would modify it this way. We can resign in the matter of refusing to do our jobs, but my stand that we have, no, that we must stay within the castle is more than clear and more than obvious. I shall stop teaching if it comes to that, but I shall not leave the castle. I think you should know that. Also, do try and avoid my name when referring to this, especially with Barker and Forbes. You know that you have my support, but, as it was during the past years, I like to keep a low profile, which is something you know. As for Doyle, I can't guarantee, but I am almost certain that he will have no problem in openly being the black sheep of the school's administration. Is that something you can work with?'', he asked.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:23 pm

Jess nodded, he'd figured as much would come from Wilson, but it was a fair call - each one unto his own, as the saying went, and if he wanted to maintain a low profile that was his prerogative. "That should be fine, though the whole point is that we all have a certain freedom of the reigns, your choosing not to have your name out there would mean you'd have to support us, but at the same time you'd probably have to keep doing what you're doing in order to remain under the radar," he explained, hoping to himself that Wilson would find a way around this small hurdle.

"But I had thought as much about Amelia, and you're right, the CoMC professor is... a pot luck draw, but I know he opposes Felix Barker's punishments, so we may have hope there. Do you think we should all convene at some point to talk, or will we all simply just carry on doing out jobs in our own ways, knowing that we have our pillow in case we fall?" he prompted, glancing over his shoulder quickly to look at the CoMC paddock and wondering to himself if the professor would be there now.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:21 pm

''The collective resignation will reach me through mail, officially. Unofficially, you have my full support with everything you do as long as it keeps the students safe and as long as I get informed'', Wilson explained calmly. He took his glasses, cleaned them and then looked at Jess once again. He smiled. ''I shall find my way around as I have for years now. Forbes knows I do not think much of her rules, that much I have made clear. As for the rest, I'll take care of it'', he said calmly.

He then looked in the direction Jess was looking at. ''What's his name? Jess, we could go there right now, but I would advise you to either go alone, or take Edgar or Amelia with you. Amelia could always say she was drawn into it and they'll believe her because of her insecure look and her quiet character. As far Edgar is concerned, he is an open opponent to all of them and he would not have a problem with being seen with you, trying to acquire allies. As far as I am concerned, I will gladly go when you are sure you have him on our side. For now, I think it would be better if I just stayed out of the recruitment part. I have explained why'', he said.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:06 am

"Marcus Pattinson," he said, a small laugh escaping his lips as he spoke the other professor's name - trust Wilson not to know the names of his fellow staff members, that was completely in his style - before frowning a little, the corners of his lips tugging down just slightly.

"I think alone, i agree. We can split here, you can go visit Amelia and I can go visit Marcus. We can regather here tomorrow night if need be - together the group of us should be able to achieve our goals, and we'll be able to do our jobs properly... lord knows it's hard enough right now, this new clown," he said, glancing edgeways up at the Castle, spotting the tower which now housed the security block, "isn't going to make anything easier, is he?" He said with a chuckle.

"So, we meet again tomorrow night? Amelia and Doyle can come with you if they're interested, likewise for Marcus, and if none of them are interested... well, we can think of something between the two of us," he suggested.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top