First day jitters
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

First day jitters Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

First day jitters

View previous topic View next topic Go down

First day jitters Empty First day jitters

Post by Samantha Burns Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:28 pm

Sammy had never done anything like this before. Nothing this important anyways. Other than her kids, nothing else in her life was that important. Other than school of course. So it would be perfectly fine to say that she was super scared. She didn't know what to wear and didn't want to be late, so she grabbed the new outfit she bought just for today. It was a grey suit with a white blouse under, some black high heels and her grey purse. She didn't know what she would need today so she tried to stuff everything she could in her purse, putting her wand last so that it was on top. She took a huge breath, then walked to the fireplace. Used some green floo powder, then stepped inside and disappeared.

She arrived at the ministry a few seconds later. She had been told to wait in the entrance of the department for the person a head of her. The one helping her. All that day all she could think was 'I wish you where here to make me feel better Faylen'. But of course he never would be again. She quickly walked to the entrance of the department of Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures. Today she would be starting an internship as a Beings worker. Sammy could only hope that she wouldn't wreck it all in one day. Being able to help out her fellow Vampire would be a dream come true. Sammy found a seat at the entrance and awaited the person meeting her.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 3982

Back to top Go down

First day jitters Empty Re: First day jitters

Post by Rose Granger-Weasley Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:45 pm

Almost as soon as Alexis arrived at the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures for work, she was told that today a new intern was there, and that she was in charge of this new intern. Surprised and a little bit confused, she accepted this and walked away to where she was supposed to meet the intern. Not long after she had arrived there she saw a girl, who she had assumed to be the intern. With a warm smile, Alexis approached the girl. "Hello, I'm Alexis. I'm assuming you are the new intern?" she asked the girl, who seemed scared about being there to her.

Alexis quickly looked behind her just to check her surroundings, and suddenly she felt a strange feeling toward this girl. The pup inside her head was growling at the girl, and it didn't want Alexis near this girl, and she was confused. She looked at the girl and shrugged. Alexis decided to ignore the pup, mostly because she had no idea of what the pup was so angry and scared about.

[sorry it sucks]
Rose Granger-Weasley
Rose Granger-Weasley
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 570

http://simplekhroleplay.guildmmorpg.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:38 am

Sammy watched all the workers run around the office like bee's in a hive. They all had a job to do and they didn't have time to do anything else. Sammy had only been sitting there for less then five minutes when a girl around her age came up to her and introduced herself. Sammy stood up and slightly smiled at the girl. "Hi Samantha Burns! Yes I'm the new intern. It's nice to meet you." Sammy said to the girl extending her hand for a hand shake. Sammy didn't know if this girl was good, bad, or just to busy to care which side she was on. But Sammy could smell the werewolf in her. Sammy had been around werewolf's before so she new what they smelled like. It was like a really big wet dog. At first Sammy had to hold her breath, but new that it was bad to act like that in front of other people and stopped. Sammy didn't have anything against her just because she was a werewolf, but Sammy could only hope that this girl wouldn't have anything against her just because she's a vampire. "I'm hoping to specialize on Vampire rights, seeing as I am one myself." Sammy suddenly started hoping that she hadn't said to much.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Granger-Weasley Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:45 am

Alexis smiled brightly at the girl and shook her hand. "Pleasure to meet you Samantha." she said, trying to sound professional. She looked at the girl, and gestured for her to begin walking with her. "Alright, well the first thing I will do right now, is show you around the Being part of the department. We're all very busy here, so we won't walk much to the others alright?" she asked Samantha, heading toward the cubicles. The girl said she wanted to specialize in Vampire rights, and that she was one and Alexis finally figured out what the pup was growling at in the girl. She was a vampire. Alexis didn't take it as much, she knew how to deal with the pup in her head, and her father was a vampire as well, so it would be easy, she's lived with a vampire all her life anyways.

"Oh well it's good to know what you want to specialize in from the start, but keep an open mind because of might change or something might be added to what you want to do." Alexis explained to her. "Right now, I'm working on getting both werewolves and vampires alike the respect they deserve from the humans we live amongst. And I think that since you want the vampire rights, them you might be with me. Then you would not only be working for the rights of vampires but for all magical creatures who live among the humans." she said brightly, hoping Samantha would consider doing what she wanted for all magical creatures and not just vampires.
Rose Granger-Weasley
Rose Granger-Weasley
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:18 pm

Sammy smiled brightly back at the girl then started walking with her as she started walking. Sammy listened to everything that the girl had to say and was relieved when she didn't get all upset when she found out that Sammy was a vampire. Maybe Sammy and this girl would become friends. It would be nice to have a friend on the first day of work. It would make it easier to do the work around the office knowing that at least one person liked her. But of course the work load Sammy got would be nothing in comparison to some. But that was fine she was only an intern for now. Once school was over for her she would become a permanent employee here. "Yes I do believe in rights for all creatures. Werewolves, Vampires, Witches, Wizards, even Muggles. So helping them all would be wonderful too." Sammy said to the girl hoping that this would help the girl to like her even more. As they where walking Sammy saw two men start to push each other. "What's wrong with them?" Sammy asked her wondering if there was anything that the girl could do to make them stop. If Sammy had to she would help the girl to make them stop as well. Sammy's speed and slight extra strength always helped in situations like this.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Granger-Weasley Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:32 am

The first thing Alexis wanted to do was show the girl where all the experiments on the Beings were done, but she knew she had to start smaller. But where exactly she didn't know. "You don't have to be nervous around me or anything, because you're a vampire you know. I might be a werewolf, but I have lived with a vampire all my life, so it doesn't matter to me." she started with a smile on her face towards the girl. She knew she immediately liked this girl, she seemed nice enough, and it seemed she didn't mind that Alexis is a wolf, and since they would be working together for a while, it was best to at least be nice to each other during work hours. She continued to move, on indicating to other departments, such as the Spirits and Beast departments. "We all work for a common cause, but we work on different kinds of creatures, as you may or may not already know." she explained as they walked.

Just a moment before they reached the Beings department, Alexis was stopped by Samantha's question. "Who?" she asked shortly before she noticed what the girl was talking about. They were two men from the Beings and Beast departments and if they were fighting it was because of some disagreement that was caused by some of their experments, even if they aren't supposed to be really working together at this point. Alexis felt it was her duty to stop any fighting that would come out of this. So she walked over to them calmly and told them to stop. They knew she was a werewolf and they were scared of what she could do to them because of what she was. So they immediately stopped and apologized, knowing that it was wrong because they were, after all, in a work place, not a bar or anything.

"Sorry about that." she said softly. "Shall we continue?" she asked her nicely, indicating for her to start walking with her.
Rose Granger-Weasley
Rose Granger-Weasley
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:38 am

Sammy smiled as she heard Alexis say that she didn't want Sammy feeling odd around Alexis because of her being a werewolf. It was nice to know that a vampire and werewolf could get along, seeing as Alexis said she had lived with one her whole life. "Thanks. I've been around werewolf's before. Most of them didn't like me due to the fact that we were being hunted by creature haters. But that's a different story." Sammy said watching Alexis point out the other areas in the work area, like the Spirits area and the Beasts area. Sammy thought that it would be nice to do some work in all of the areas around here. Sammy knew right then and there that she was going to love it there.

Alexis looked over at the people that Sammy had pointed out that had been fighting. Alexis pointed out that they where from different areas and weren't agreeing on something or other. So Sammy went with her to get the men to stop fighting and was happy that Alexis was able to get them to stop fighting. So Sammy smiled up at Alexis when she said sorry about it. "Oh it's fine I'm use to people fighting. I'm just not use to it being in a work place that I work." Sammy said nervously smiling again. "Sure." Sammy said starting to follow Alexis again. So far this day was going good. Sammy could only hope that it would continue that way.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum