Observe the Lion Entering the Den! - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Observe the Lion Entering the Den! - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Observe the Lion Entering the Den!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Observe the Lion Entering the Den! - Page 2 Empty Re: Observe the Lion Entering the Den!

Post by Colin Firethorn Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:57 pm

"I'm Andrew," Andrew said quietly to Rhys. Andrew did understand the beginnings of romance when he saw it, and he wasn't going to intrude, much as he wanted to talk to Sam. "Take your time, Sam. I know where to find you. Usually, anyway." He cast a longer look at Sam to tell him that he wanted to talk to him but now was not the time.

Andrew was typically a very good student, and he was typically amongst the first to get any assignment given to him done. But some new things were more important, and it had meant him resurrecting his street skills. And in order to do that correctly, he had had to go back, in a lot of ways, to his old ways of thinking. In fact, his guardian had spent all summer, drilling him hard that being a street kid was a good thing, that it was helpful right now. His guardian had honed his skills above what Andrew had learned in the school walls, but he kept that to himself. And his guardian's friends had honed some of his street skills beyond just mere survival. He was beginning to see that there were some distinct advantages to privacy.

Colin Firethorn
Colin Firethorn
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 310

Back to top Go down

Observe the Lion Entering the Den! - Page 2 Empty Re: Observe the Lion Entering the Den!

Post by Allen Tobias Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:17 pm

One thing that Allen couldn't be called was a 'hardworking student'. He had spent the longest time trying to finish up his homework, which was mainly just potions yet he despised the subject, and had been procrastinating as long as possible to avoid doing any more work and feel like an idiot. He had finally decided to get his mind to work for him and began to work hard at just finishing the homework, so he could have a couple more minutes to talk to friends and everything before the morning. Yet once again, someone had interuppted his streak and he groaned. He swore under his breath and threw his homework onto his bed, gathering his composure and walking down the stairs.

He stood behind Rhys, a new friend he had met, and he immediately noticed that she was curling against some unknown student. Well unknown to him at least. He decided to say nothing about it. "What is going on?" he asked, in an irritated voice "did someone die or something?" Probably shouldn't have said that, because in this time anything was possible.
Allen Tobias
Allen Tobias

Number of posts : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:12 am

''And I suppose you all think I've called upon you so I could watch you chat?'', Wilson interrupted their chit-chat with a serious remark. He observed his pupils with a dose of sadness, because of their fate and the time they had to witness. He was lucky enough to escape such events during his time at Hogwarts, when he wasn't ready for them. Now, he is... but they are not.

He knew only three of them, Oliver Twist, Grigori and the Weasley kid, one of many. The rest he did know from classes, but he did not even know their names. It was a disturbing fact, but that was Wilson's method for years and he did not care whether it was acceptable or not. ''No one died, sadly or luckily, depends on your point of view. I do know that it is late, but since I am the one responsible for this, you can call upon me for an excuse tomorrow morning. Now, before I begin with my speech I must ask you, and I must ask of you to be honest and frank... Has anyone had any problems so far? With the new staff members, with anyone? Has anyone been hurt or bullied? If there's anything you'd like to report, now is the excellent moment'', he said.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by Samuel Grigori Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:40 am

Sam grinned, pretending to flinch when Rhys hit him but chuckling as he did so, looking down at her, his face showing a mixture of mock pain, and sadness, as well as a tinge of pity before it split into another smile.

"Sweet, we'll have to talk over breakfast tomorrow," he said, looking over Rhys at his friend, nodding as he spoke, more than a few thoughts racing through his head. Andrew had been distant this year, that was undeniable, but until now he'd just figured it was teen angst. Sure enough Andrew was at that age and he was bound to be going through some sort of emotional upheaval, but never had he considered that he'd been doing something else. Clearly, something was up.

He was about to ask when the professor spoke, cutting through all their conversations and gaining their attention immediately, concluding his speech only when he asked them a question, turning the tables for them to speak.

After a small, rather awkward pause in the room Sam inclined his head, deiciding he'd speak up.

"This is probably nothing new to you, but Professor Barker," he said, speaking Barker's name with a high level of contempt, "sent Rhys and I into the forest a few nights ago for a detention over speaking in class," he explained, aware that he might be coming off a little whiney.

"He kept an eye on us only to give instructions, no assistance or protection was offered, quite the opposite, he made things harder for us. We were attacked by Acromantula and werewolves, we were nearly killed by these creatures, and he did nothing," he finished, crossing his arms and keeping his eyes on the professor, wondering what the man's response to that would be.
Samuel Grigori
Samuel Grigori

Number of posts : 318

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Firethorn Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:25 pm

Andrew was rather surprised at Sam's disclosure. He hadn't known Sam had been in trouble, but Andrew had more than been warned about Barker. And he had done everything within his power to stay out of Barker's way.

"I haven't been bothered by anyone, Professor," Andrew said. "I've...been...staying out of their way." He wasn't sure if the others even knew who "they" were. But Andrew did. And he was doing his best to be little more than a stick of furniture. The less he was noticed, the more he could get done. And so far, so good.

He felt bad for Sam but had he been with Sam, there might have been little he actually could have done to help him. Not without being revealed, and he seriously feared of what would happen to him if that happened.
Colin Firethorn
Colin Firethorn
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhys O'Neill Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:26 pm

Rhys's head jerked up when the professor finally spoke, and she yawned, into the moments of silence after it, until she felt more then heard, Sam starting to speak. Her whole body tensed, and she looked at him her eyes wide. "Sam.." She whispered, fear obvious on her face. She looked around the room quickly as though checking that he couldn't possibly hear Sam. She could feel the eyes turning towards them from all over the room, and she nervously bit her lip, as though afraid this would get them both killed. "He erm.. yeah.. and.." Rhys stumbled and looked at Sam, her face red, her eyes shining from repressed tears.

Rhys was nervous now.. people knew! People knew, and now they were going to die, she just knew it. They were going to be sent back into that place to their deaths. She couldn't help but remember her first meeting with the Cruciatus Curse, or the welts that still burned painfully on her arms and stomach. Everything was just... bad, associated with that man. "He... isn't a good man professor." She said, and her hand rested lightly on Sam's arm, seeking his comfort. If anything he was the only one who could make her feel better after that night. But now... she was just afraid Barker would find out and either hurt him, or hurt her again to hurt him.
Rhys O'Neill
Rhys O'Neill
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 167

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:51 am

Andrew for the past hour or so, had already been in the common room, sitting in a chair next to the large window that had a good look of the nearby forest areas.He was casually reading a book, one about The History of Magic and how the ministry was formed, mostly just stuff he was forced to read. He had recognized Wilson the moment he walked in, yet he never had an extended conversation with him. He was the Head of House, yet Andrew was sure he didn't know anybody here. That might've been true actually, seeing as how Hogwarts was on lockdown. Andrew hadn't paid attention at all to Wilson come in, yet he did chuckle when some kid asked if someone died. That probably was the case either way.

Now Andrew heard some other kid say that some professor here had sent him and another kid(Rice? What kinda name was that?) out into the forest for detention. That got Andrew's attention. Andrew closed the book with a slight thud and turned his head to the large crowd of people that half circled Wilson. Andrew wanted to learn more about that situation, seeing who exactly was this 'Barker' person and how twisted he was. More than likely a Death Eater.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top