Jess and Mariana (Wedding) - Page 15
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Jess and Mariana (Wedding) - Page 15 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Jess and Mariana (Wedding)

Page 15 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jess and Mariana (Wedding) - Page 15 Empty Re: Jess and Mariana (Wedding)

Post by Jess Potter Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:08 am

((ok, sorry Jack, you're too slow so i just went through your old posts and got the speach from there/ Everyone is in place so here it is.))
""We are gathered together here in the sight of God, and in the face of this company, to join together this Man and this Woman in holy Matrimony; which is an honourable estate, instituted of God, signifying unto us the mystical union that is betwixt Christ and his Church: which holy estate Christ adorned and beautified with his presence and first miracle that he wrought in Cana of Galilee, and is commended of Saint Paul to be honourable among all men: and therefore is not by any to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly; but reverently, discreetly, advisedly, soberly, and in the fear of God. Into this holy estate these two persons present come now to be joined. If any man can show just cause, why they may not lawfully be joined together, let him now speak, or else hereafter for ever hold his peace." Jack said, looking around. ((No one said anything last time so no one's saying anything this time.))
He then continued, "Jess Potter: Wilt thou have this Woman to thy wedded wife, to live together after God's ordinance in the holy estate of Matrimony? Wilt thou love her, comfort her, honour, and keep her in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all others, keep thee only unto her, so long as ye both shall live?" Jack asked
"I will," Jess replied.
"Mariana Diggory: Wilt thou have this Man to thy wedded husband, to live together after God's ordinance in the holy estate of Matrimony? Wilt thou love him, comfort him, honour, and keep him in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all others, keep thee only unto him, so long as ye both shall live?" The Jack asked
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikki Lestrange Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:03 am

((Is the ceremony over? Can we applaud now?))
Nikki Lestrange
Nikki Lestrange

Number of posts : 6103
Special Abilities : Legilimency, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:41 pm

(Not quite. Mariana still has to say I do, or I will, or something.)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:29 pm

((Then the rings then applause and reception. BTW, Where is the reception?))
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:05 pm

[[Well since we are on my Mexican proprety reception is on the coast outside the chapel.]]
"I will!" replied Mariana smiling.
[[And I think aplauding comes after kiss.]]
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:10 pm

((Yeah, but there's still a bit left. I'm copying Jack's speach directly from the last one))
Jess grinned at Mari and gestured for Jack to continue.
"Jess; take your ring and repeat after me:

"With this ring, I take thee, Mariana."
Jack said
Jess nodded and said, "With this ring, i take thee, Mariana," and he slipped the ring on her 4th finger on the left

Jack then nodded and looked at Mari. "Mariana, repeat after me:

"With this ring I wed thee, Jess."
he said
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:14 pm

[[My 4th finger on the left lol?And what means thee?]]
Mariana repeated after Jack:
"With this ring I wed thee, Jess." as she slipped the ring on Jess's 2nd finger from the right.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:24 pm

((4th finger on the left. That's where the ring has to go. So you might wanna change your post a little...))
Jess smiled at her and looked at Jack
Jack then turned to the massed audience and began. "Let us now bless the newlywed couple.

"Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done, On Earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever and ever. Amen.

"O Eternal God, Creator and Preserver of all mankind, Giver of all spiritual grace, the Author of everlasting life; Send thy blessing upon these thy servants, this Man and this Woman, whom we bless in thy Name; that they, living faithfully together, may surely perform and keep the vow and covenant betwixt them made, (whereof this Ring given and received is a token and pledge,) and may ever remain in perfect love and peace together, and live according to thy laws; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"O GOD, who hast so consecrated the state of Matrimony that in it is rep resented the spiritual marriage and unity betwixt Christ and his Church; Look mercifully upon these thy servants, that they may love, honour, and cherish each other, and so live together in faithfulness and patience, in wisdom and true godliness, that their home may be a haven of blessing and of peace; through the same Jesus Christ our Lord, who liveth and reigneth with thee and the Holy Spirit ever, one God, world without end. Amen.

"Those whom God hath joined together let no man put asunder. Forasmuch as Jess Potter and Mariana Diggory have consented together in holy wedlock, and have witnessed the same before God and this company, and thereto have given and pledged their troth, each to the other, and have declared the same by giving and receiving a Ring, and by joining hands; I pronounce that they are Man and Wife, In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Amen.

"GOD the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Ghost, bless, preserve, and keep you; the Lord mercifully with his favour look upon you, and fill you with all spiritual benediction and grace; that ye may so live together in this life, that in the world to come ye may have life everlasting. Amen.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss."

Jess smiled and without a word pulled her into his trademark kiss.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:25 pm

Darren who had dozed off suddenly woke up when everyone started applauding
Darren
Darren

Number of posts : 22273
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Leglimens,

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:34 pm

Mariana kissed Jess back smiling.

[[It is same finger only formulated from the right side]]
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top