Advertising - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Advertising - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Advertising

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Advertising - Page 2 Empty Re: Advertising

Post by Darren Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:21 pm

Hah, yeah right.
Darren
Darren

Number of posts : 22273
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Leglimens,

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:29 pm

So.. Advertising..

Molly (Chase) made a group on fb for PA! That way, we can advertise and all get to know each other OoC- it's closed so people can't see what you post there. To get in just add 'Chase Moor' and she'll add you to the group and then delete you as a friend..

Molly didn't want her advertising showing up on her feed.. so she made Chase so she didn't have to worry.. Then Austin made Thaor, I made Jack.. Now it is both OoC and IC! It's pretty fun really! I know people do fb rp, and this might be a way to draw people in.

Someone should also make a tumblr.. You follow everyone with Harry Potter interests, hope they follow you, then post adverts about PA with the tags of Harry Potter and Roleplaying. Then post the link to the PA group and the link to PA and maybe we'll get more.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:39 pm

I hate to tell you this, but we already have a PA page. I'm already in the midst of retrieving its password from Jemma.

However if it falls through we'll definitely use her one, for sure, we might even use it anyway, depending on what it's like.

And great idea in making the characters, I wasn't sure if Austin'd be interested or not when I told him about the whole "Spam facebook" idea, but he never actually replied to my PM.

As for tumblr. I've never really gone on it before. It's sort of a blog site isn't it? Except with social networking elements?
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:06 am

We currently have 2 PA sites.. IC and OoC. I've posted a poll about the plot to see what people think, etc.

Tumblr's just a blogging site. If someone likes your blog, they'll reblog it and then there's 2 posts for example. Blogging meets tweeting kinda thing..
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:08 pm

So Chase is amazing.

But a small problem is that our previous ad doesn't really look that good.

Therefore... I'll be making a couple new ones soon. Heres the first, just a quick one and not fully coded.

Advertising - Page 2 2506nww

home || plot || rules || canon list || application

Confusion is the name of the game.

It seemed everything had settled into a twirling disarray of good and bad. The Order and the Death Eaters are still in existence, but they have not been acting out. The Ministry is controlled by good guys, but nothing is happening. Hogwarts is held by Death Eaters, but it isn't so bad. Potter's Army and the Dark Followers are twiddling their thumbs. Everyone is waiting for something- anything- to happen.

That's where everything changes. An accidental discovery, one which came about purely by chance, gives the world the opportunity to right itself again. Gellert Grindelwald, often considered to be the second most dangerous dark wizard in history, beaten only by you-know-who, was resurrected by two great minds, and within hours he was in meetings with the Death Eaters, appearing to finally break the stalemate which has held the world on the end of their toes.

With a plan surely in the works, possibly already being acted upon, who knows what could be happening, what implications even the slightest of actions could have on the balance of power. Anything is possible, and almost anything is not to be trusted, with the unknown being the greatest enemy there is right now.

Every person's heart is tested. What is good? What is bad? Who do you trust? All that is know, is that Grindelwald is now good and you can trust his easy, reassuring words when he says there is nothing to fear. But people are disappearing, muggleborns are getting frightened into hiding, the werewolves are getting restless... Who's to blame? Who's to trust to tell you who's right? But the real question remains...

Can you trust YOURSELF to figure out what's right and what's wrong?

Potters army is an AU post potter era role-play. We've been up for four years and are still going strong, with an original and member driven plot and many role-players of all levels.

WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT AT PA:
An original and open plot, but with direction.
An open and welcoming site accepting role-players of all levels.
Canons and Originals are both accepted, with originals being able to influence the plot just as much as canons.
There are classes, exams, clubs, quidditch, jobs, battles and other mass threads for all who wish to participate, though nothing is mandatory.
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:54 am

Moving this to moderator forum...
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:20 pm

it looks great, darren. btw, i presume you were the one who changed the buttons? a couple of the members would like to see a bit less stark contrast in the background between the banner and the buttons. personally, it doesn't bother me. i like it as it is, so for what its worth, that's their feedback.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23619
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:11 pm

Okays Khaat, though that has nothing to do with advertising Very Happy

Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:54 pm

Very Happy I feel amazing now after reading that entire thing! I'm working on getting us affiliates by the way.. So leave that up to me -puts on super hero cape- thanks for the new picture.. can I get that as a code to use? haha, or I can just tweak mine a bit I think... ANYWAY... I will take who I attempt to affiliate with seriously, and try and talk to their head admin and stuff... Soooooo.... I'm working on it! I swear! Smile
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Number of posts : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:19 am

Great! Smile

heres the code...

Code:
[center][img]http://i52.tinypic.com/2506nww.jpg[/img]

[color=#a67939][b][i]home[/i] || [i]plot [/i]|| [i]rules [/i]|| [i]canon list [/i]|| [i]application[/i][/b][/color]

[size=10]Confusion is the name of the game.

It seemed everything had settled into a twirling disarray of good and bad. The Order and the Death Eaters are still in existence, but they have not been acting out. The Ministry is controlled by good guys, but nothing is happening. Hogwarts is held by Death Eaters, but it isn't so bad. Potter's Army and the Dark Followers are twiddling their thumbs. Everyone is waiting for something- anything- to happen.

That's where everything changes. An accidental discovery, one which came about purely by chance, gives the world the opportunity to right itself again. Gellert Grindelwald, often considered to be the second most dangerous dark wizard in history, beaten only by you-know-who, was resurrected by two great minds, and within hours he was in meetings with the Death Eaters, appearing to finally break the stalemate which has held the world on the end of their toes.

With a plan surely in the works, possibly already being acted upon, who knows what could be happening, what implications even the slightest of actions could have on the balance of power. Anything is possible, and almost anything is not to be trusted, with the unknown being the greatest enemy there is right now.

Every person's heart is tested. What is good? What is bad? Who do you trust? All that is know, is that Grindelwald is now good and you can trust his easy, reassuring words when he says there is nothing to fear. But people are disappearing, muggleborns are getting frightened into hiding, the werewolves are getting restless... Who's to blame? Who's to trust to tell you who's right? But the real question remains...

[b]Can you trust YOURSELF to figure out what's right and what's wrong?[/b]

Potters army is an AU post potter era role-play. We've been up for four years and are still going strong, with an original and member driven plot and many role-players of all levels.

[b]WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT AT PA[/b]:
An original and open plot, but with direction.
An open and welcoming site accepting role-players of all levels.
Canons and Originals are both accepted, with originals being able to influence the plot just as much as canons.
There are classes, exams, clubs, quidditch, jobs, battles and other mass threads for all who wish to participate, though nothing is mandatory. [/center][/size]
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top