I may not be a party goer, but I have some moves
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

I may not be a party goer, but I have some moves Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

I may not be a party goer, but I have some moves

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I may not be a party goer, but I have some moves Empty I may not be a party goer, but I have some moves

Post by Selene Brun Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:47 pm

Selene couldn't believe she had actually gone to this party thing.. some kid had invited just about everyone in the wizarding world, and well... it was kind of the place to be.. The Minister of Magic had probably been invited it was that big, and Selene.. well, she had showed up. Which was weird, because parties, just weren't her thing. But here she was.. showing her moves on the dance floor, quite literally. She was dancing next to some person she had never met, and people were actually turning to watch, and it made her flush scarlet, so after a few songs of getting more attention then she wanted, she quietly slid off the floor and moved to the side, leaning against the wall, exhausted.

Selene wasn't exactly normal to parties, normally she would have been comfortable, maybe hanging out with close friends, or being at home.. and yet here she was... surrounded by people who looked at her funny (Probably because she was foreign) And actually dancing in front of people she didn't know. Selene was a dancer by nature, ballet mostly, but she did Jazz, pop, and basically any kind at all. Her home was in a dance studio however, not the dance floor. Seeing as it's a lot more complicated in the dance studio, more room, bigger moves, less shaking of the butt, and more showing off your style. Selene was starting to understand that when people danced, it was simply going back to front, and shaking your hips.. that was it.. nothing more, and in Selene's professional opinion, it was boring.. ballet could show your soul, jazz could show your emotion, and dancing on the dance floor? It showed nothing at all.. just that you were to nervous to step out and do anything cool.

Shaking her head, Selene found her way to a refreshment table, and grabbed a soda, first making sure it was non-alcoholic, and very carefully sipped it to make sure. Selene wasn't to uptight, but she was a dancer through and through.. and dancers had a look on life that was different from everyone else's.. at least that's how Selene felt, but maybe tonight, she could loosen up, get out there, and have a little bit of fun.
Selene Brun
Selene Brun

Number of posts : 157
Occupation : Secretary/Personal Assistant at the Ministry of Magic

Back to top Go down

I may not be a party goer, but I have some moves Empty Re: I may not be a party goer, but I have some moves

Post by Derek Selk Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:20 pm

Larko was bored. This was the most ridiculous thing ever. Too much alcohol, too many people who thought they could dance.. Almost everyone had a beer in hand and it took everything he had not to start knocking them out of people's hands. Yes, he had issues, but it wasn't like they were his fault. They were his uncle's fault. Flashbacks were a B****.

Finally, he saw a girl who was drinking a soda like him and walked up to her, looking for a little bit of sanity.

"Hello," he said brightly. "Are you having as crappy a time as me here? I can't believe you're not getting drunk like everyone else." Of course, due to the music, he had to say it loudly so she could hear him at all. So he could hear himself, for that matter.
Derek Selk
Derek Selk

Number of posts : 64

Back to top Go down

I may not be a party goer, but I have some moves Empty Re: I may not be a party goer, but I have some moves

Post by Selene Brun Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:34 pm

Selene nearly jumped when someone came over to her, sporting a can of soda, like herself. He said something, and she could barely hear him, but she did get the gist of it. "Erm... yes, I do not like ze way zay dance!" She shouted over the music, glancing at the dancers on the floor. She glanced down at the soda in her hand. "I do not drink!" She said as loudly as her french accent would let her. Accents were a pain when you were trying to be loud, and talking in a naturally quiet voice. "'ere!" She said and grabbed his arm, tugging him into the kitchen where there was at least a little bit less of noise... and a lot of couples kissing. "Ew.." She and turned her back on them. "I am sorry, I could not 'ear you." She said in a strong French accent, still having to speak louder then normal, but now she could at least not scream to be heard.

"I am Selene.. Selene Brun." She said her hand shooting out to shake with him, smiling slightly. "I don't drink.. zat eez why I am not.." She said shaking her head and glancing around at the couples who had taken refuge in the kitchen to make out, before they went upstairs to do other things together. Selene shuddered and frowned, disapproving. "Why are you not drinking? Eezn't zat ze... erm.. cool thing to do?" She asked frowning again before shaking her head and glancing at his soda, smiling slightly again at him, flashing pearly white teeth.
Selene Brun
Selene Brun

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Selk Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:41 pm

Larko allowed himself get pulled into the kitchen and repeated himself, not particularly caring about the couples who were making out. They were just stupid drunks. "I said 'Are you having as crappy a time as me here? I can't believe you're not getting drunk like everyone else.'"

He shook her hand and said, "I'm Larko Abercrombie. No, I'm not a big fan of alcohol. I stick to my sodas. I have...issues with beer. Besides, I've never exactly been what most would consider 'cool'."

He laughed and smiled back. "So, I'm guessing you're French? That's cool. I'm not used to talking to people with accents, so it's a new experience for me."
Derek Selk
Derek Selk

Back to top Go down

Post by Selene Brun Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:25 pm

Selene felt a a little off talking to this kid. "Do I look like ze type of person to get drunk?" She asked carefully, staring at him. He obviously must have thought that someone who looked like her, must be drunk a lot.. or something, because he phrased it oddly. "Beer eez people's way to open up to ze world... but I find I am perfectly 'appy as I am.. I do not need a depresant to 'elp me open up.." She said stiffly. Sure she might seem a bit... uptight, but what do you expect from someone like Selene? She was wearing a very pretty blue dress and nice heels, her long blonde hair was slightly wavy, but she was tempted to pull it back into a pony tail, it was much to hot in here.

"Yes.. I am French.. I recently transferred for a semester to 'ogwarts.. but I finished my seventh year at Beauxbatons before I even came 'ere, so I do not 'ave to go back.." she said her eyes wandering over the couples who were making out. "I do not see why zey need zat kind of interaction.." She said and sniffed lightly, bringing her soda to her lips. "Eet does not look very.. enjoyable.." She said and frowned, watching as a boy grabbed the girl's hand, and the giggling couple disappeared out of the room, and up the stairs to go do other things upstairs. "Nasty people.." Selene muttered under her breath and turned to look at the boy again, her face pretty much expressionless, as though she had practiced the art of hiding ones emotions so that even if you looked into her eyes, there was nothing there, even when the wheels were turning.
Selene Brun
Selene Brun

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Selk Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:58 pm

Larko shook his head. "It's just surprising. I see people I'd never expect drinking here. But it doesn't matter. Everyone except me and you it appears are getting drunk."

He pulled up two chairs and gestured for her to sit down. "That's cool, I suppose. I don't know much about Beauxbatons, though. Well, it is enjoyable, but I guess you can't know till you've tried. I'm not particularly happy with the idea of some of these guys who are completely taking advantage of these girls. I think I'd puke if I kissed someone and tasted alcohol on their lips."

Almost absentmindedly, he reached over and grabbed a chip from a table and popped it into his mouth.

"Now, they are...going upstairs and doing something that I don't think is at all right to do when you're drunk. Like any of these girls would go up there with some of these guys if they were drunk."
Derek Selk
Derek Selk

Back to top Go down

Post by Selene Brun Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:28 am

Selene sat down with a flourish as he pulled up a chair, and she sipped her soda, nodding as he spoke. "Yes.. I do agree with you.." She said carefully, looking around. "Like.. zat couple over zere.." She said pointing at a couple making out. "Zey do not appear to be ze type of people to.. do zat in public.. zey look to be respectable people. but ze alcohol.. eet.. eet.. eet makes zem act funny.. eet clouds zeir mind.. and.. makes zem do zings like zat!" She waved in their general direction. "I do not believe you need alcohol, to 'ave a good time! You do not need depressants to bring out a side of you no one sees.. you can have fun, and enjoy yourzelf, without the use of a drink!" She muttered and sat back in her chair, watching as another couple disappeared upstairs.

"No.. I doubt any of zese people would be kissing like zat eef zey were not drunk.. ze drink makes everyone look a lot.. nicer zen zey are.. makes you look nicer in otherz eyez.. I do not like zat, I like knowing what I am looking at." She said, nodding once, and glancing at him, frowning slightly, before sipping her soda again, and realizing she was almost out. "Hmm... vell.. Larko was eet? Maybe.." Selene couldn't believe it, but she was blushing furiously, and it was making her blush even harder, because she was blushing. "Maybe you would like to dance wiz me? I mean.. obviously not like.. zat.. but.. dance.. together?" She said and felt eyes drop down to her soda again, quickly taking another drink, and brushing a strand of her hair back away from her face, not sure what his answer would be.
Selene Brun
Selene Brun

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Selk Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:14 am

Larko sat down across from her and smiled as she ranted about alcohol. She was definitely the type of person he would hang out with. "I think," he said, drinking the rest of his soda. "That the side of me that no one sees would be better appreciated if it wasn't through drink." Larko blushed when she mentioned dancing. "Well, I'm not much of a dancer... But if you wanted I suppose we could. Of course, I don't like dancing like them out their, in any case. Maybe we could go outside or somewhere else? I could play some other music and we can do other kinds of dances. I know a few ACTUAL dances, that don't include grinding."

He reached over to his mp3 and showed her a few songs that were good to dance to. "You like any of these?"
Derek Selk
Derek Selk

Back to top Go down

Post by Selene Brun Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:35 am

Selene was blushing like she had never blushed before, and then she grinned when he said he would like to, but actually dancing.. not the crap the people were putting on. Selene found herself nodding in agreement. "Erm.. sure." She said and leaned over to look at his ipod. "Oh yeah.. zere are some good songs on zere!" She said grinning at him, and flicking her hair over her shoulder. "I will show you 'ow to really dance..." She said and grinned at him even wider, standing up and setting her can on a nearby table, which was already littered with half drunk cans of beer and soda. Wrinkling her nose, she glanced around the room again, before looking out the backdoor. "Eez zere room out back? Where eet might be a bit quieter zen in 'ere?" She asked over the music, pulling a pony tail holder out of her pocket and tying back her hair, in an annoyed fashion.

She had gotten tired of it, and finally given in to the need to pull her hair back. Finally though, she smiled at him and shrugged. "I will show you some moves zen." She said smiling and started towards the door, heading out into the back garden, where it was less noisy, and they could even head towards the back where there wasn't anyone hanging out, and it was quieter, and they could have their own music.
Selene Brun
Selene Brun

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Selk Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:37 pm

Larko smiled and followed her out back after setting his coke down. He put some music on and smoothed his leather jacket. With this he shrugged.

"Uh, like...?" He really didn't dance much. Larko was more of a "go get into street fights" to get his exercise. "Why are you blushing, anyway? Not like I'm gonna bite or anything. You don't have to be embarrassed. I don't see why you would be."

Looking around, he saw a few flowers but nothing that big. So much for the Weasley's garden. "I don't dance much but I do know a few dances, and I know how to slow dance."
Derek Selk
Derek Selk

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top