Close enough to start a war - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Close enough to start a war - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Close enough to start a war

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Close enough to start a war - Page 3 Empty Re: Close enough to start a war

Post by Elijah Krum Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:49 pm

Elijah smiled at Cecilia and wrapped an arm around her waist. “C’mon then, we better get downstairs before they start breakfast without us.”

And with that Elijah lead her out of his bedroom and out of his wing. He took her down a couple of flights of stairs before swanning out into the foyer. He let go of her and gestured for her to follow with a smile. He followed the music, opening up a pair of double doors that lead into one of the bigger dining rooms in the house. A few people had gathered, their cousins dotted around the room with those groups, though most were out on the patio. Elijah weaved through the people, but not before grabbing Cecilia’s hand to ensure she didn’t get lost. Elijah dragged her with him, a smile on his face, and brought her out onto the patio with him where they were greeted by a grinning Irina who was swathed in burgundy dress robes.

“Finally up I see!” She exclaimed with a laugh, pressing as kiss to Elijah’s cheek. She walked over to Cecilia and embraced her before she had a chance to say otherwise. “You look a vision, Cecilia! Forgive me; I fear we haven’t properly been introduced. I am Irina Berbatova – your father’s fiancée. I understand you did not take too kindly to the news. I didn’t expect you too in all honesty. I know the feeling – trust me. I hope one day we can be great friends.” Irina stepped back and gestured over towards the maze, to a white marquee. “Anyway, your father is talking with some politicians. Merlin only knows who they are. Do you want to come with me, Cecilia? We could go and inspect the food the house elves have prepared.” Irina winked. “Or of course you could go and see your father...or go and see someone else. It’s entirely up to you both but I am sure your father said he wanted to speak with you, Elijah.”
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddie Kane Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:00 pm

Cecilia fallowed Elijah until he took her hand and pulled her though the crowd. Elijah had been right there where a lot of people here. A lot of them she didn’t know. The next thing she knew Irina was hugging her as she stood there limply. “Sorry,” she said quietly not sure what else to say. She looked over at Elijah then looked around for Liz or someone else. She wanted to get out of her brothers hair and away from Irina for a while. She didn’t think this was the right moment to talk about what had happened the night before. “I think I’m going to go talk to Elisabeth,” she lied and walked away. Looking for someone to talk to or something.
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 3155

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:16 pm

Irina looked fairly crestfallen when Cecilia walked away and Elijah didn’t extend his sympathies to her. He slunk away and wandered towards his father who was underneath one of the marquees, sipping overly-expensive champagne. Elijah squeezed past a gaggle of buxom women laughing their high pitched giggles and came up beside his father, just, ironically, as the conversation turned to Durmstrang. Elijah’s eyes flicked to the people his father was talking to, only to recognise one of the governors of Durmstrang and an obscure uncle of his. Elijah looked over at one of the waiters and gestured for him to come over. The waiter did as directed and Elijah took a glass of wine off of the silver-plated tray before waving the man away.

Elijah listened idly to their discussion but he wasn’t particularly interested. It wasn’t until the conversation turned again, this time to art, when Elijah was included. He lifted his gaze from the wine and looked at the governor. The man had asked what he painted. Elijah had to fight back a smirk at the question. What did he paint, indeed?

“Women,” Elijah replied easily. The men shifted slightly. “Sometimes I’ll paint men. It’s rare though. I prefer to paint women. Naked, mostly.” Elijah sipped his wine and heard the men hum thoughtfully.

“Well, what you charge if I asked you to paint my daughter? Obviously we’d want you to keep it clean. We’d pay more if you’d paint her with her betrothed.” The elderly man said importantly.

Elijah looked up, “Where is she?”
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddie Kane Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:28 pm

After awhile Cecilia looked back over at her future step mother. She sighed and walked over to her tugging at the sleeves of the robes Eli had made her put on. “Hi,” she mumbled standing next to Irina. She looked at the woman. she could be like an older sister to me Cecilia thought as she looked away. “I’m sorry,” Cec whispered fidgeting uncomfortably, “i shouldn’t have acted like... like a child.” she looked every where but at Irina. Hugging her self Cecilia slowly worked up the courage to look at her again but instead of smiling she could only manage a blank stare.
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:22 pm

Elijah had been shown the location of the girl and he handed the glass of champagne to one of the waiters before waltzing over to the blonde who, from what he could see, was conversing animatedly with one of his cousins. Elijah didn’t think anything of it until the crowd parted and he set eyes on the arm that had been thrown around the blonde’s waist. He followed the length of the limb, taking in the expensive cut of suit, before realising that who he was looking at was his cousin – that man’s, daughter’s boyfriend. Obviously he didn’t know yet. Elijah blanched and made to turn away but it was too late. Elisabeth had found him and she called him over. He wasn’t sure whether it was for moral support or because she wanted to make he and Harry suffer. Either way, Elijah was reluctant to go over. One look from her though had him scuttling to them, his figurative but at the same time very literal tail between his legs.

“Hello!” Elijah greeted them with fake joviality. He felt Elisabeth wind her arm around his waist and Elijah returned the favour, allowing her to lean into him. He in turn leaned over, stealing the glass of champagne out of her hand. He smirked at her before taking a large mouthful and handing it back. He needed all of the booze he could take for this conversation. He could already feel Harry’s large brown eyes boring into him. Elijah hesitantly met his cousin’s gaze and noted the way the elder man quickly broke the staring contest. The woman beside him was Astrid, Elijah could only assume. A quick once over of her gave Elijah all the information he needed and he most certainly would not be painting her. She was pretty but she lost points for being engaged to Harry. In fact, she lost all of her points.

Astrid was seemingly unaware of the animosity between them all and she greeted Elijah before continuing her conversation with Elisabeth. Elijah returned his eyes to Harry’s and the two found themselves staring at each other. Then, that all too familiar magnetic feeling began again. Elijah could feel the magic in the air sizzle around them and his throat dried up. Harry shifted a little and Elijah released Elisabeth. He cleared his throat and excused himself before turning on his heel and retreating back inside. He could hear familiar footsteps hot on heels and it wasn’t until they got into the hallway that they enveloped each other into and embrace and tumbled into one of the broom closets.
-
Irina looked up when she heard Cecilia’s voice. She turned and smiled warmly at the girl. Irina placed her hands on Cecilia’s shoulders and continued to smile at the sixteen-year-old to be. Irina felt a surge of pride go through her. The girl was apologizing. She had nothing to apologise for but it certainly didn’t go amiss. Irina gestured for Cecilia to take a seat with her.

“You’re turning sixteen soon aren’t you? Let’s talk gifts.”
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddie Kane Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:02 pm

Cecilia shrugged Irina’s hand off of her shoulder and sat down next to her. She sat up straight and crossed her ankles and tucked them under the chair she sat in her hands resting in her lap. “yeah sixteen,” Cecilia whispered not really wanting to talk about gifts or anything with the woman who would be marrying her father. She had to at least pretend like she liked her. “Gifts,” Cecilia said quietly pretending to be interested in the topic she had chosen. “where is my father again? Will he be coming over here sooner or later?” she asked trying to change the subject. She didn’t want anything from this lady.
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top