So apparently I did something wrong
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

So apparently I did something wrong Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

So apparently I did something wrong

View previous topic View next topic Go down

So apparently I did something wrong Empty So apparently I did something wrong

Post by Samuel Grigori Thu May 05, 2011 10:01 am

Sam walked into the Headmaster's office with a frown on his face.

Not because he was annoyed at being summoned there, no, he'd expected that, but because that stupid gargoyle had held out forever until he'd stumbled upon the password.

Cutty... who would've guessed it, there he was talking about slashing his wrists for being late to the Headmaster's office, when the Gargoyle had stepped aside. Whatever Cutty was, he didn't really know or care.

Opening the door, not even waiting to knock, he entered and nodded a greeting to the Headmaster. "Sir," he said, standing in the middle of the office with a stoney look on his face. "I assume that I'm hear for some sort of punishment?" He asked, skipping the first question.
Samuel Grigori
Samuel Grigori

Number of posts : 318

Back to top Go down

So apparently I did something wrong Empty Re: So apparently I did something wrong

Post by Edgar Albert Doyle Sun May 08, 2011 9:41 am

''You are an idiot, Grigori'', Doyle said to the boy without looking at the boy. He had been watching his soap opera for the last hour so he had not need to observe the boy. The fact that he was present was more than enough for him. ''What was that all about last class? I don't care whether you attend my classes or not, I could care less... but causing a havoc like that and setting a student on fire? ARE YOU INSANE, you brat!? You endangered someone's life just because your hormones are running wild... That is no acceptable behaviour in class nor in school and this shan't be tolerated. I may seem like an incompetent teaches who does not give a damn, but trust me, I can tell when someone crosses the line and I shan't tolerate that. Now, before I hand you your punishment, tell me... what do you have to say to me... as Headmaster, not as professor'', he said.
Edgar Albert Doyle
Edgar Albert Doyle

Number of posts : 190
Special Abilities : Apparation, Occlumency, Legilimency, Wandless Magic, Non-verbal Magic
Occupation : Owner of Slugs & Jiggers; Potions Master at Hogwarts

Back to top Go down

So apparently I did something wrong Empty Re: So apparently I did something wrong

Post by Samuel Grigori Sat May 21, 2011 4:24 am

((Watching soaps on what exactly. Remember that electronic devices do not work in Hogwarts.))

Sam had to admit that he was feeling slightly concerned now, he'd acted very rashly, and the consequences were potentially very severe, if he'd tried to deny his concern, or act bravely now, it was all going to be a show, and a great big lie.

"Well sir," he said, a slight note of indignation in his voice as he began what was bound to be an incredibly important speech, which would affect his own way of life for the rest of the school year.

"Clearly you and I have different values, I was raised to be polite, for a start. However I believe that the tumultuous state of your own position as Headmaster may have had an effect on my behavior," He began, making his words up on the spot, and knowing something the Headmaster did not know, that he was completely and utterly making this all up on the spot.

"You see, Headmaster Majere encouraged us to ask questions in his classes, and he told us that anyone who told us not to ask questions were fools, and that teachers who refused to teach were not worth listening to," he told him, this part being the complete and utter truth.

"And of course his predecessor, Headmaster Shacklebolt said the same thing, if you'll remember," he added with a slight frown on his face.

"Mind you, you weren't around at that point to know that, so forgive me for asking," He added, still frowning in concentration as he struggled to remember.

"So really, yes, what I did was wrong, but you not acknowledging the mixed education we've had, and trying to match it, or at least work around it, rather than plowing straight through it was equally wrong," he said with a shrug, deciding that what he'd said was enough, and that whatever fate awaited him now, he would accept.
Samuel Grigori
Samuel Grigori

Back to top Go down

Post by Edgar Albert Doyle Sat May 21, 2011 12:03 pm

(That's Doyle. Dumbledore could apparate, Doyle has TV XD)

''Do I look like an idiot to you, Grigori? I mean, your stupidity is ghastly, boy!'', he asked. ''Shacklebolt had a different approach and that is his way of teaching. I respect both him and his methods as he is a friend of mine. Majere is the one that caused all of this and I don't want to be put in the same sentence as him'', he said, firmly. ''Grigori, I don't care what you think about me as a person or as a professor, that is completely irrelevant. But, you have some ground rules to respect and politeness and respect towards your mentors is one of them. Me included. I have my own methods and they are as they are. You, out of all the people, won't change them, definitely. My goal isn't to make you dumb and incapable of acting alone, on the contrary. Answering stupid questions is a method of doing exactly that. Try, experiment, if you fail, you get your punishment, but at least you will have learned something. In ten or twenty years time, when you face a poison or a critter in the woods, alone, will you ask someone to help you? Will you ask someone if you can use this or that? I do hope you won't'', he explained briefly. ''And also, you are not the one to challenge my authority and question my moral responsibility'', he added, briefly.
Edgar Albert Doyle
Edgar Albert Doyle

Number of posts : 190
Special Abilities : Apparation, Occlumency, Legilimency, Wandless Magic, Non-verbal Magic
Occupation : Owner of Slugs & Jiggers; Potions Master at Hogwarts

Back to top Go down

Post by Samuel Grigori Sun May 22, 2011 1:33 pm

Sam looked defiantly at the Headmaster and shook his head as he spoke. "But this is not 20 years in the future, and I'm not in the forest, am I. Yes, in the future we will not have those vital lifelines, but doesn't that make it all the more important to be taking full advantage of them right now?" He asked.

"And while I can understand what you are saying, you are certainly not the same as our previous Headmasters, You should still respect their previous methods, for they have some level of merit to them," he said, before adding "Though you may be right about Majere," with a shrug.

"Also respect is earnt, not given, and if you ever hope to gain anyone's respect, beyond the quota of 'I hold office' which in itself is a respectable accomplishment, maybe you should begin to act like you deserve that respect, by respecting the students in your school, and the fact that our minds are open for molding right now, we will never learn as much as we will in 20 years time in a forest, so why not take full advantage of it now, instead of thrusting us into the forest?" He asked, his tone changing from one of arrogance, to one of passion and pleading, he was speaking from the heart now, trying to have a proper, equal conversation with the man in front of him, instead of the one sided argument that was facing him right now.
Samuel Grigori
Samuel Grigori

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top