Grabbing a bite before night - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Grabbing a bite before night - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Grabbing a bite before night

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Grabbing a bite before night - Page 2 Empty Re: Grabbing a bite before night

Post by Mariana Diggory Sun May 01, 2011 8:30 pm

"Okay then Professor. I would feel strange calling you Kingsley. After all you were my professor for a fair bit." Mariana replied happy for the fact she didn't have to call him Kingsley. "Yes i assumed you didn't have too big menu living in the good old Shrieking Shack. I really went there just two or three times/" she replied grabbing a cookie herself. Pancakes still stayed like they were when she made them. "Why would someone give you to death eaters? I don't catch that. My cousin was corrupted, but he wasn't a death eater." she asked not really understanding what do death eaters have to do with Azkaban and him being dead or alive.

What did she plan? Well that was some sort of question. "I think you're a little off track Professor. My graduation took part almost a year ago. And i already have a satisfiening 8 months in the healer career. What about you? Will you be Professor again?" she replied taking another sip of her tea hoping that telling someone he is off track wasn't rude.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingsley Shacklebolt Tue May 03, 2011 8:09 pm

"To the ministry, or the death eaters. Either way they currently think I'm a murderer and want me gone," Kingsley said with a shrug. It was frankly quite annoying that they still didn't trust him despite everything he had done for them before. Well, it just goes to show that humans are generally quite thankless creatures. "A healer!? Thats good, you work at St.Mungos then?" he asked. It was the place where most healers went, but lately it had been a little low on healers. He was glad that she had decided to go there for a career choice, Khaat would be happy. "Good job. Well, as for me, I'd love to go back to Hogwarts, but first there are other things to settle if you know what I mean," Shacklebolt said, referring to the death eaters of course.
Kingsley Shacklebolt

Number of posts : 1463

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Tue May 03, 2011 8:41 pm

"I don't think that just declaring you're not a murderer will be sufficent for liberating you from all the charges that were made against you. Can you proove what you're saying?" commented Mariana who spent the last 3 months fighting with the heavy mexican law so that made her more educated on the field. "Yes as in the matter of facts i do work there. If you ever need medical assistance you are welcome to come." she replied taking another sip of her tea. "I hardly heard something about Hogwarts in months. Were you at least able to follow the news?" she asked anxcious to get some news. She was gone for too long.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingsley Shacklebolt Tue May 03, 2011 8:46 pm

"Of course I can, they never had any evidence against me in the first place," Kingsley exclaimed. Which was true enough, Dae Diggory had sent him there without any real reason. Now the new minister would clear his name he was sure. "Well I recently got blasted through a window and six stories down," he said, referring to his battle with Vincent Majere. "I think my back hurts a little because of that but oh well. Next time I'll make sure to go to St.Mungos." He sipped his tea, and it was great. Well, since he had come back everything tasted great to him. "Yes actually," Shacklebolt replied to her question. He had gotten adequate information from James Wake about hogwarts. "The Death Eaters have managed to capture it, thanks to Majere. But its not as bad as it sounds," he explained. "They aren't really torturing the students and etcetera. Although i do think they are teaching them dark arts..." Which wasn't good at all. He felt a little guilty... wasn't it his fault they had managed to take the castle? "I should of stopped them," he added sadly.
Kingsley Shacklebolt

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Wed May 04, 2011 7:30 pm

"Hey i'm trying to help you though i know more about muggle laws, then the wizzard ones. Did they judge you or you were simply sent to Azkaban without a trial?" Mari replied wondering if Kingsley actually had on his mind that she was able to do same as her cousin or that was just an impression.

When he said he fell down 6 stories down like it was an everyday event. "Well all i could give you right now is a few drops of a potion to ease your pain, but for further healing you would have to come to St.Mungo's." she suggested though not the part with St.Mungo's as it was obvious he didn't want to go there. "I still have contacts at Hogwarts, i'll try to figure out what's going on so far, but you shouldn't even have a thought about going there now that Death Eaters are crawling around like little snakes there. For what it's worth i don't think Order will sit on their butts and do nothing. We probably just need to re-group before she strike. You'll find it very stupid to go and attack them while there is 500 students inside the castle."

[[OOC:Would you like me to bring us some company?]]
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingsley Shacklebolt Wed May 04, 2011 8:12 pm

[like?]

"With a trial, but the wizengamot were specifically picked by your dear cousin," Kingsley replied. At the time actually, he had wanted to go to azkaban, to help get Ne'os out of there. But now it was just a nuisance. "I think some rest will do me some good actually," Shacklebolt replied. The living standards of Grimmauld Place were markedly better then the Shrieking Shack. "Besides," he added with a chuckle. "You can't cure old age.." He listend to her stating the obvious about Hogwarts before replying. "Yes, we just need to give Potter some time, I'm sure he'll get us back on our feet and retake Hogwarts soon," Shacklebolt said half-heartedly. In truth, while he trusted Jess' intentions, he didn't know if the boy could do all of that. "All the pressure on Jess and he is so young, he must be under a lot of stress," Shacklebolt sighed. The fact that he wasn't able to do much to help was making him quite gloomy.
Kingsley Shacklebolt

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Thu May 05, 2011 9:13 pm

[[like McCoy for example?]]

Mariana didn't like talking about her cousin as figuring some things out was too uncomftable and it made her deeply dissapointed. Even though she knew he broke the law numerous times and did a lot of terrible stuff to innocent people, it was hard to talk about him. "Please Professor let's just ... stop talking about my cousin. I know he commited a lot of irregularities, but i still feel affection for him and i don't think ... Nevermind let's just not name him." she replied making pauses everywhere as everything she felt for her cousin could not be put in one sentence. "Aww Professor you're in the best years of your life don't be so cranky." she said not sure if the word cranky was a thing to tell her old headmaster though it was the only expression she found.

"Jess is a good leader, that would be stupid to negate. But he needs to take a break, but leave the order leaderless would be suicidal at this point. I'm sure he will do the best he can, so let's just focus on us doing the best we can. As far as my area goes, all healers from St.Mungo's are on our side, but i prefer not to think about fight right now. My ambition was to become an auror, but i think that all these battles turned off that will. What about you Professor? Would you take a different way now that you know how it is, if you could choose another way?" Mari used her philosophy which apperently came together with the second cup of butterbeer. Who better to discuss with then him, after all he had a lot of expirience in life.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingsley Shacklebolt Mon May 09, 2011 7:12 pm

[Wilson!? Eh, why not.]

Kingsley nodded, respecting her wishes. He was just a bit gloomy towards her cousin due to his acts as minister, but he knew that she wouldn't like to hear criticism about him. They were family after all. He smiled at her atempt to cheer him up, but he was no fool. He was getting old, his reflexes were slowing down, and perhaps his mind wasn't as sharp as it once was. But he still knew that the order needed him if some other leader came to the death eaters like Voldemort was. Then, only he would be able to stand a chance against them, most likely.

Listening to her reason for being a leader, he shrugged. His motives had been the opposite and the auror in him could not help but disagree. "I don't know Mariana, but all the fighting was exactly the thing that made me want to become an auror even more," he informed her. "Aurors don't love fighting, but we recognize that we must protect others, thats why I wanted to become an auror. But I guess, if healing is your thing I can't convince you otherwise. Its good that your saving people like that, though, a witch of your talent would have been welcome in the law enforcement."
Kingsley Shacklebolt

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Wed May 11, 2011 11:16 pm

[[Well i was refering to McCoy, but i'll see about Wilson. Him & Mari don't get allong Very Happy]]

When Mariana saw word cranky just amused her headmaster for a minute, she relaxed and dropped the topic. It was hard to express everything she felt for her current profession, and the one she always dreamed about. "I don't like to fight, i do only when it's inevitable mostly to defend myself or someone else. Maybe that;s why i grew tired for an auror. Ever since before i can remember i dreamt of becoming an auror like Harry Potter and my father before him. But I won't say it will last forever. Maybe one day i'll go back after my dream, but for now there's a lot of fixing to be done on my personal life. If i go back now, i do not know if i will be able to fix everything i want, i don't wish to get lost along the way and forget things that really mattered untill old age accepts them." she explained trying to be as specific as she could, though most of her words were in riddles.

"What about you Professor? Don't you feel like you missed anything? A relationship, maybe even friendship because of work? What would you do if you could turn back time?" Mari asked a little lost in her own world though still speaking and listening which made her present somewhere, where she wasn't.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top