So.
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

So. Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

So.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

So. Empty So.

Post by Jess Potter Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:20 pm

Hey Guys,
Well, a few things are contributing to this post.
1. As we all know, the Order hasn't been active of late, though I don't think that that's entirely my fault, I could have been doing more to rectify it, couldn't I?

2. I also think that admins have too many ranks of power, I'd like to see a member take over something important for once, and this is one such occasion where something like that can happen.

3. I also want to see Jess become a happier character, like he used to be, and being in the order is like working against doing exactly that.

4. Every now and then I get inactive, I'd rather someone who's saying that they need more to do, to take over, than me taking advantage of the position.

So, if you hadn't guessed as much, I'm relinquishing control of the Order, I would like to remain in it, and maybe be the vice-leader, or at least help with the transition period, and have some input to push you all in the plot direction.

Now is the time to say who you would like to be leader, or state if you want to be leader. Please only take this on if you think that you'll be on at least once every two days, at all times, bar the occasional going away, in which I can help and stand in, if need be.

So please, someone take over, and guide the Order the right way, there's a new DE leader, who's looking for something to do, so a breath of fresh life into the Order might be just what it needs.

Jess

Also, post where you would like to see the order move in the future, keeping in mind that we've got a villain cooking.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

So. Empty Re: So.

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:31 pm

you know i will support you if this is really what you want to do, jess.

k.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23619
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:13 pm

I think the Order should maybe expand slightly more. Do we allow students? Cause maybe if we allowed a select few from PA into out meetings occasionally (The ones that work) it'd be awesome. If maybe we could find something besides a portkey, or not, that would allow them to quickly travel to the headquaters or a different area. Would that work?

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:44 pm

I agree with Matt on letting students in maybe like seventh years for there about to graduate anyways. I respect you choice Jess and I think someone like Matt or one of Khaat's characters should be leader
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:06 pm

Mmm, but I don't want it going to an admin, part of this is me wanting to give the members more control over the site, so when i give it up, it goes to a member, else I wont give it up.

And I suppose we could do that, to make it more of an enviable thing for students to come to our meetings, we could just allow one or two at a time, and rotating attendance, so that people look forward to making it to our meetings? Our reasoning could be that we don't want to make the fact that 15 students are leaving the school, really really obvious.

Instead of a portkey, we could do what happened in the last book and have a portal from the RoR into Grimmauld Place?
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:06 am

I was thinking that, wasn't that the vanishing cabinet? I though Neville fixed in or something but I haven't read the seventh in a while. One or two students, Jack should come to the majority though as she runs PA.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:54 am

I have been hinting at this since Jack became leader! haha! Jack has no idea, IC, what she is supposed to be doing, so that would be great. And then people may try harder at the meetings to get a chance to go to the Order meetings. I think that would be a great inspiration to get kids pumped for supporting the light side.

I looked at the list and I mentally checked off who was active. Then I checked off all the characters whose personality fit the right bill... All that were left were admin charries, on all honesty. If people want their charries to lead the Order, they need to be more active and have their charries show more initiative. Just my opinion.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:21 pm

Mmm, that's the problem with it. Though there are a few ex-members, and a few non-order members, who I think what suit the role well, I've been in contact with them, hopefully they're interested.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Robbins Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:59 am

The vanishing cabinet was fixed by Draco, and the other one was located in Borgin & Burkes. It would be a simple matter to say an Order member or Auror had either bought it or requisitioned & had it moved.

I think the portal you're talking about from the seventh book was the secret passage from the room of requirement into the Hog's Head. The way Neville described it, the portrait hole seemed to work as part of the "requirement" part of the room. The students needed a way to get into and out of the school without being detected, so the room provided it for them. Considering it didn't do that for Draco, I think it's fair to assume the room can only extend it's influence through the castle's architecture and into Hogsmeade, since we know there were other passageways that go into Hogsmeade.

Something like a vanishing cabinet might be more sensible if the students want to go all the way to grimmauld place. It would also mean the Order meetings would have to be scheduled so as the students aren't missed from their classes and aren't breaking curfews.
Sara Robbins
Sara Robbins

Number of posts : 20

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum