Run - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Run - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Run

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Run - Page 3 Empty Re: Run

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:30 am

"He's going to work out well," Brian said. "I'm glad you have some younger blood in the auror pool, Robert."

"Me too," Robert replied. "He's most likely not going to appreciate what a fete that was until he reads Luther Burke's dossier. Then he may be a bit shaken perhaps. Let's make sure we support him when he finds out what a ruthless murderer Luther Burke really is."

"He'll be fine, Robert. He has a bright future ahead of him as an auror."

"I agree. We both know, though, how we all struggled with our firsts. And he had several today in one incident."

"Agreed."

Robert signed off on Khaat's paperwork to release her. Brian helped Khaat up to her feet, and he helped her out of the treatment room, finding that she had to wrap herself tightly to Brian, her arm around his waist. She heard the chatter immediately come to a stop at the nurses's station. She looked up to see that all the staff eyes were upon her. Instantly she became very self conscious and insecure.

"They're staring at me," she said almost inaudibly to Brian.

"You have looked better, Babe," Brian said. "They love you. And it isn't every day that their director is almost strangled to death. They're concerned. Hold on. We'll get out as soon as we can." The staff began to surround her to express their concern and ask if she was alright. They were also concerned about the rumors of a man killed in the basement, and they were worried that perhaps they might be next to be targetted for violence. Brian began to wish that Daniel had not gone already. He did trust Robert to handle the staff, but getting Khaat out of the mob might be another difficulty altogether. He began to wish he had Daniel back to help him clear the way for them over to the floo network down the hallway.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23615
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Joshua Cethin Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:53 pm

Daniel had finished his tour, and it'd taken a bit of time, much to Brienne's dismay. However, Daniel still didn't leave with Brienne yet. No, he had some thinking to do. He told Hannah his ideas. "First of all, there should be keycards with special permissions for people that work here, secret rooms that are password protected like in Hogwarts, but maybe using something more inconspicuous than a painting. Perhaps some objects that look like they should be there, like a tray of packaged syringes and one at the bottom is a password activated Portkey. There should also be vigorous background checks for every new applicant or employee, and very precise moral tests". He just thought of these at the top of his head. He had more but didn't want to risk boring everyone to death.

Brienne rolled her eyes and folded her arms. "Are you soon done?"

"Just a minute"

"Ugh...I think I'll converse with that doctor on his break". She went over to this young doctor, who looked to be about in his early twenties. Dr. Azure Anepose always had blue dyed hair, which made his patients laugh a little inside which to him was a good thing. He believed that laughter was the best medicine.

"Brienne?"

"I'm stuck here until Daniel decides to leave, and I'm starved".
Daniel Joshua Cethin
Daniel Joshua Cethin

Number of posts : 413

Back to top Go down

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:16 am

(Sorry for the double post but I couldn't get into my other account for some reason. I have something important to add).

"Really? Starved? Perhaps I can take your mind off of it", Dr. Anepose said.

Brienne tilted her head, "Oh really?"

"Mhm" He lead her away to a small area near one of the blood drawing rooms. He picked up an apparently opened syringe and needle combination and made her hold the tip. He mumbled a word and the syringe became a Portkey. It lead to a room within the hospital that Dr. Anepose always liked to take breaks in. It had a nice ambiance. Unfortunately, Noxi's partner, Tyrone Izalia, had been hiding there.

"Who are you?" Dr. Anepose asked, but all he got for an answer was being flung back with an Everte Statum.

Brienne whipped out her wand and threw one back. However, before it could connect, Izalia grabbed her arm and tossed her back. She tried to get up, but he was able to slit her wrist with a glowing dagger before she could. It wasn't deep enough to kill, but it was certainly enough to bleed. The wound stopped bleeding on its own accord and Brienne picked her wand back up. The pain was unbearable, but mild compared to werewolf pains. She tossed an Everte Statum at him without using a word. It knocked the dagger from Izalia's hands and Brienne grabbed it away. She drove the dagger deep within Izalia's back.

Dr. Anepose looked at her wrist. "It doesn't look too bad but I'm gonna bring you out and get you treated". The ruby flow started once more when he grabbed her wrist to take her. It seeped out and enclosed his fingers. He took her to his examination room, and noticed the heavy flow of bleeding. He tried to staunch it with hemostat potions, but they only stopped it temporarily. It started bleeding again minutes later, but the flow was less severe. He grabbed a potion bottle and opened it. "This potion is said to heal these types of wounds". Much to his dismay, however, it was empty. He poured a ton of hemostat potions on it to staunch the bleeding to inquire about more of it.

"I'll be right back", he left to go look for someone who could get more of that potion.
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Number of posts : 573

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:52 am

Hannah, Robert''s and Khaat's assistant, happened, to see the healer step out of the treatment room. "

"Where's Robert?" he asked Hannah.

"Well, he was just ousting the last of the confusion from around Director Lupin so she could go home, I believe. Can I help you with something?"

"Well, yes," Anepose said. "I have a magical wound that needs healed."

"One moment," Hannah said. "We do have a potion for that. I'll get some from Robert."

Hannah went over to Khaat and Brian as Robert directed the last of the crowd away. "Something wrong?" Khaat asked her.

"A young Hogwarts student has a magical wound that isn't responding to normal healing spells," Hannah said.

"In here," Khaat said. She went to the nurses' station with Brian's help and opened a locked cabinet. She selected a bottle of potion and handed it to Hannah. "This should do it, but it is very concentrated. The healer needs to follow the directions exactly on the bottle.. If it doesn't stop the bleeding,, let my father know at once. "Can I help you with it?"

"No, Director," Hannah smiled. "We're just glad you're alright. We'll take care of it. Thank you."

"Find out how that student got that wound. Those generally have some sort of law breaking attached to their use. If there's something there, let my father know right away."

"Yes, Ma'am," Hannah nodded. She returned to the treatment room and handed Anepose the bottle of potion. "Director Lupin says this is a ne concentrated formula," she told Anepose. "The directions are on the bottle."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23615
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:59 am

Anepose nodded, "Okay. If you need to know, I know how she got the wound too. It wasn't her doing. She and I were in a room, and we were going to talk and relax, have a couple laughs. However this dude came up and attacked me. Brienne attacked him back because she knew this guy was bad news, and didn't want me to be attacked anymore. She was then grabbed before the spell could hit, and he slashed her wrist. He was using a magical dagger which she then turned on him in self defense and now he's dead". He went back to Brienne, and used the potion.

"For something this size, it'll take a week at the most. If it's still not healed, come back. If it starts bleeding again, I'll let Lupin know. It'll take a while to break the magical bonds that is keeping the wound open, and a little bit to close it up". As he spoke it started to bleed. "Where's Robert? The wound started to bleed again", he said as he walked out of the treatment room.
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:40 am

Hannah found Robert who was meeting with a couple of the aurors in order to ehlp clear up the dead man in the subbasement. Hannah got Robert's attention and asked him to step in and take care of an anchanted wound.

Robert followed Hannah to the treatment room where the young student waited. "I'm Robert," he smiled. "Let's see that cut you have." He checked her and checked the cut. "Well, let's see if we can't remove the enchantment any quicker."

He went to the cabinet in the treatment room and drew out four bottles of potion and an empty glass. He poured small but varying amounts of the potions into the glass and swirled it around. It turned a very deep blue violet color.

He took a basin over to Brienne and put it under her wrist. "This won't be painful, but it will look a bit odd," he told her. "As I pour it over the wound, it will start to smoke. That isn't your skin that is smoking. It is the enchantment being taken off, that's all. It will heal then, but not instantaneously. " He poured the potion mixture slowly over her cut, and a great cloud of black smoke rose from the potion making contact with the wound.

"That's the enchantment being dissolved," Robert told her. Once the glass of potion in his hand was empty, he set the glass and the basin aside, and set healing spells in motion to heal her wrist. He cleaned it and bandaged it for her. "Come back and see me in three days," He told her. "I 'm guessing that your wound will be healed by then. Between the potion and the spells, there is no reason why it shouldn't heal now, and quickly. Keep it clean and dry until then. Any questions for me?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:20 am

Brienne watched in wonder as her wound started to smoke from the enchantment being taken off, she only slightly caught Lupin's question. "No questions, but I think that's neat. That smoke". Softly, she ran a finger over a crevice on the table. "If it's of any interest, the dagger that the man used glowed. A bright blue light, and it cut deep even though he did nothing more than score the skin. Not deep enough to damage my wrist though aside from the cut".

Anepose came back into the room to check on Brienne. "I saw this happen. It wasn't her fault. It was my fault for bringing her to my favorite place in the building to relax and chat with her. She seemed bored that Daniel was still talking and she couldn't take it anymore".

Daniel, meanwhile, waited outside the room. He hadn't a chance to talk to Brienne after the ordeal, but he wanted to make it up to her as soon as he could.
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:28 am

"That sort of enchantment does not give up very easily," Robert explained. "It's a rather pesky thing. The bets way is to, more or les, burn off the spell with a potion. And since the energy is magic energy versus magical energy, the two forces are too busy fighting each other to burn you. I don't know if that makes any sense, but that's the nutshell explanation of it. The fact that the blade was glowing just confirms for me it was an enchanted blade, but we know that by how resistant its wounds are.

"And its not your fault, Anepose. This hospital needs to be a safe place for anyone who enters here. So far, Khaat's been the only target here, at least since she and I have worked here. However, that doesnt' make it alright for her to be attacked either. Brienne, I expect you to make a full report of what happened to Daniel."

He went to the door and opened it and called to Daniel. He explained to Daniel what happened. Then he ordered Daniel to take a detailed report from Brienne and explore whether or not there was a connection between what happened to Brienne and what had happened to Khaat earlier.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:52 am

Brienne looked at Daniel, who'd just come in. She told him the whole story, from Anepose's talk to when she was healed. Daniel nodded and wrote down the whole thing. He thought for a minute, then jotted something else down. A conclusion. He indeed thought that this was the work of someone connected to the Burke incident. He knew that, to be exact. Why would someone hide within the hospital to attack people knowing full well that there were risks of others being there for the same purpose unless they were part of the same group? There was no honor amongst thieves, so why would there be any amongst murderers?

Daniel wrote up his reasoning, the evidence, and the story Brienne told. He brought it back to Robert. "Here, I've got it. It's all detailed in that report, from the story to my conclusion".
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:11 am

"Already?" Robert asked. "Well done. Let me look it over." He read Daniel's report. "Good work. Thats what I like to see in a report. Good work. Alright. It looks like Brienne is alright now. She has her instructions. I am looking forward to reading your design for the security of the hospital in the next few days. In the meantime, I suggest you take Brienne and go get her something to eat. I'm going to make sure that Brian gets Khaat home and out of here to where she's safer while she's not 100%.

"Thank you again for your help today. As her father, I'm grateful. As the minister, I am proud of you. Go on, now, and enjoy your meal. And I'll see you at work in the morning."

He looked at Brienne. "Do you think you're set now? Any questions?" Brienne's wound had looked to him like it would heal now, and he felt certain that it would not cause her much pain. He had managed to remove most of that when he had sealed the wound and taken the enchantment off of it. By all he could see, it looked to him like it would heal relatively quickly.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum