Time to Eat the Doughnuts - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Time to Eat the Doughnuts - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Time to Eat the Doughnuts

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Time to Eat the Doughnuts - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to Eat the Doughnuts

Post by Michael Tremaine Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:36 am

"No, not really," Michael said calmly. "Not more than a few minutes, really. Long enough for the kettle to make tea. That's all. Evidently Joshua isn't a big fan of tea. He left when he got a taste of the tea. Clever business, really, Dissociative stuff. It actually is an extremely clever way of surviving. I'm no expert, but I do read a lot. It shows how strong you really are. You look like you're letting it get to you like its a bad thing. Its only a bad thing if you think it is, Daniel."

He picked up a match and lit his pipe, the nutty smell of the imported tobacco filling the room as a graceful thin wisp of smoke rose from the pipe bowl. Michael didn't like heavy, heady tobaccos. He preferred lighter, more aromatic blends that were more nutty and silky. He tossed the used match into the fire and took a slow puff off the pipe.

"So tell me about Joshua," Michael said gently.
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 646
Special Abilities : Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Joshua Cethin Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:54 am

"Hmm, Joshua...he's an odd one. He'll hump anything in sight. He was about ready to hump the couch it seems, as I found myself laying in a position to do that. He puts me down, saying I'm no good for anything except turning tricks. He says that my safest bet is to go to Knockturn and sell myself out for 5 knuts a pop. That's what he dreams of. What he wants. I don't want that, though. I actually want to make something of myself...but he...he doesn't. He just wants sex, sex, sex, and more sex...and drugs, aaand drinks. He also tells me that Frank will never love me, either, and puts Brienne down like she's a worthless dog or something". Oh but don't you know she is? She's a worthless cur, just like you. Just like you, and Frank and I know that. Frank is never going to come back to you, nor will he love you. "He just did it again. He's more confident than me, more daring and more insulting. Yet, all he wants to do is get laid or insult me".

Daniel sipped the tea. "All I want is for Joshua to be nice to me. To co-operate. Yet he won't". He sunk into the sofa, feeling a bit off. He finished his tea and sat the cup down on the coffee table in front of him. "Joshua prefers coffee over tea. Tea makes him gag". Keep talking, Daniel. Soon, I will kick you out of your body, then you'll be at my mercy, at my control. Just as you are all the time and don't even know it. You do know that I control you, right? Of course.
Daniel Joshua Cethin
Daniel Joshua Cethin

Number of posts : 413

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Tremaine Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:08 am

"Well," Michael said, "I'm no expert by any means. I'm just a simple man. But it sounds to me like you've put up with a lot in your lifetime. Sounds like you both have. You know, whether Joshua is part of you or not, you don't ever have to listen to something he tells you that's not true. Flat out. If its not true, don't listen.

"It occurs to me that you are in a singularly opportunistic situation. Your new employer is a master healer. He is also a loyal and trustworthy mentor and a good man. If I were in your shoes, I would be taking full advantage of any training or wisdom you could milk out of the man. I would not doubt a bit that he can provide you with far more information than just how to fine tine your wand wielding. He can help you put some muscles on that frame, hone your mind to have the thinking of a skilled fighter, and also help you believe in yourself in ways you have all but forgotten. Maybe you'll never truly be 'rid' of Joshua. Maybe that isn't the answer. Maybe the answer is for you to learn to live in some sort of peace with him. But you've walked through your life alone long enough. Maybe its time for you to try to trust somebody."
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 646
Special Abilities : Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Joshua Cethin Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:27 pm

"He threatens to take control of my body. Joshua I mean. He threatens control and threatens my life. He said he'd kick me out of my own body somehow. I know he can't, but he's so...threatening. I sometimes wonder. However, whatever help Robert- I mean Dr. Lupin can give me, I'm glad to take. Whatever help anyone else can give, I'll take that too. I'll take full advantage of whatever I can get. Whatever I can use". DANIEL! Fie on you, fool! I'm taking over, tea or no tea. You're not fit to be a host. You're more fit as the alter, not me! Again, sell your body in Knockturn. A desirable young specimen like us could fetch a lot of customers. Daniel blinked. "If someone's willing to provide me with an anchor, I'm willing to use it. It's about time I stopped wandering so aimlessly through life like I've been".

Softly, he settled into the couch once more. But not as Joshua. Not as the overly wanting man, but as a docile and scared boy. One could see the scaredness in his eyes. His soft brown eyes. Scared puppy. He'd indeed survived so much in his short life, and wasn't about to give in. Despite temptations otherwise, he would never give up or give in. He was as determined as anything. "Joshua's a bit stubborn. He'll likely resist any unhostile reconditioning".
Daniel Joshua Cethin
Daniel Joshua Cethin

Number of posts : 413

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top