A Birth day - Page 50
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 50 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 50 of 63 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 56 ... 63  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 50 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue May 07, 2024 11:19 pm

"If you want me to do something different, let me know," Angus told her, "because I was just trying to go on memory of what we had on hand. So if we're out of something or if we have something that needs used sooner, let me know. I can adjust it."

"I think it should be healthy for all of us, especially for Anise and Ginger," Marcus said, "since their physiology demands more protein anyway."

"We probably should have been doing this sort of eating all along, but the girls just help themselves to another helping of meat if there isnt enough protein for them. And, lets not forget there are a lot of other foods that aren't meat that are high protein. That's why I suggested a lentil soup for lunch one day. Lentils are high protein. So are peanuts and peanut butter, cottage cheese, black beans, almonds, spelt, quinoa, oats, wild rice, greek yogurt, tofu, avocado, hummus, edamame, milk, spinach, and all sorts of things."

"Maybe that's why I see them gravitate to greek yogurt and granola and fruit if they have to pack their own lunches," Marcus said.

"Probably. Marcus, is there anything I can do to help the girls for their dance tonight?"

"I can't think of a thing," Marcus said. "Just let them know that if they need help, we'll absolutely be there for them."

"I tell them that so often, I'm sure they're tired of hearing it."

"Perhaps, but sometimes they still need to hear the words."

"Fair enough," Angus said. There was a knock on the door, and Marcus answered it.

"Oh, Andrew. Long time no see. Come on in. I knew you'd be here sometime or another. Where have you been keeping yourself?" Marcus invited Andrew in.

"In Colorado," Andrew said. "One of the kids took a really bad spill skiing this winter and broke his leg in fifteen places. No one in Colorado would give him any good news. So Robert came, set the leg, and worked with him all winter long, and I've just finished weeks and weeks of therapy with him. I'm pleased to say he's back, on his feet. No quidditch this year, but he's not going to lose his leg now either. So what are we doing?"

"The shoulder again," Marcus said. 

"Okay. Let me look," Andrew went over and picked up the notebook that held Robert's documention and began to read. "When you do it, you do it right, my friend," Andrew teased. "You aren't going to be playing quidditich any time soon either."

"Well, good, since I wasnt planning on it either," Angus said.

"G
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22719
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue May 07, 2024 11:26 pm

Ruby looked at Angus and chuckled " I can work with this don't worry " she said smiling to Angus as she finally found a recipe she wanted. " I will probably do Slow cooker meatballs, Crispy chilli Turkey noodles and a Fresh salmon with Thai noodle salad" she said looking to Angus as the door knocked but relaxed as Andrew walked in " so how does that sound?" she asked making note of the ingredients for the dinner.

Aria sat close to Angus watching the babies and doing her word search quietly hearing Ruby's suggestion she liked the idea for dinner and smiled." Hi Andrew, wow sounds like he really took a tumble" she said hearing about the boy who broke his leg " I'm glad he's back on his own two feet" she said closing her word search to watch what he was ding as he read Roberts notes.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4249

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue May 07, 2024 11:45 pm

"It sounds fine," Angus said. 

"Damn, Angus," Andrew sighed. "What the heck did you think you were doing? Its a good thing you know Robert because if you didn't, you probably would have lost movement in that arm permanently. I don't know of any other healer that would have tried any repairs on it at all." He opened the dressing carefully. "God. No wonder he told me he needed me here. Alright. We're going to ice it straight away. It's still got some swelling from the surgery." He got some pillows and elevated Angus's left arm so it wasn't pulling on his shoulder, and then he made some very soft ice packs and put on it.  

"I'm not going to use magic wraps yet because to use them correctly, we'd have to fit it too tightly to the shoulder, and I dont' want to do that. Not yet. And, you haven't had your pain potion yet this morning. I normally would let that be your choice, but he's blended anti inflammatories in it, and you need those. I don't want you blowing the sutures." He poured the potion and checked it and handed it to him. 

"I really didn't want to sleep all day like I did yesterday," Angus hesitated.

"It shouldn't affect you like it did yesterday. You probably already slept off most of the extra things you had yesterday. Besides, you have a hot date or something?"

"No. Of course not."

"Then take it," Andrew said. Angus took it, and it wasn't more than a couple moments before he was dozing again. Andrew frowned and rechecked Robert's notes.

"Something wrong?" Marcus asked.

"Did he lose a lot of blood yesterday?"

"A fair amount," Marcus nodded.

"Okay. Well, that explains the dozing. That might clear up by later today or tomorrow. Robert's put some spells in place to replace the blood loss but it does take time for atht to replace. Be glad he's not muggle because it could take him quite awhile to feel better. I do know a couple drink recipes to help him rebuild his energy that I could try if you like."

"I see no harm. Ruby? He's your partner. You decide," Marcus said,
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue May 07, 2024 11:50 pm

Ruby looked up from her dinner prep and listened to Andrew " sure , won't harm him or us " she said smiling " our kitchen is open to you Andrew!" she said finishing the prep and putting it in the fridge ready to throw together at dinner time. She saw Angus was dozing again and smiled " good to see him sleeping , last night from what he said he didn't have a peaceful sleep" she said to Andrew as she cleaned up ready to let him be able to make the drinks for Angus.

Aria watched Andrew and noted how quick Angus drifted into a doze " I'll keep the babies quiet while he's sleeping, maybe we can go for a walk to the Fae area this afternoon" she said to the babies and Caprice giggled as she looked at the door.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed May 08, 2024 12:06 am

"Its based on a muggle drink I loved when I was a kid," Andrew said, going to the kitchen and starting to work, "My dad used to get these orange drinks all the time, called an Orange Julius. By the time I came along, the Orange Julius shop was gone but my dad figured out how to make them. Not sure how authentic his recipe was, but I've taken it to another level, and I've added some high nutrients to infuse additional vitamins for additional energy. It uses orange juice, ice cream, vanilla, and I add some vitamins and minerals to it. It's creamy and orangy, and totally delicious."

"Then you better make a bunch," Marcus laughed. "We're into anything with ice cream in it."

"You shouldn't say that. I saw a Japanese tv show last week where they were trying to make trout ice cream," Andrew said.

"God, that sounds horrible," Marcus frowned.

"Yeah, it was a complete and utter epic fail," Andrew laughed. "Got a blender, Ruby?"

"Feel free to go for your walk, if you want. And if you're still out at two, I'll try to get away to go pick up the girls," Marcus said. "Maybe Jessie would stay that long, even if he is on the disabled list. It would only be for a couple minutes. How bad could it get in five minutes?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed May 08, 2024 12:12 am

Ruby listened to Andrew and watched as he got everything ready to make the drink " oh yes " she said opening a cupboard and lifting out the blender for Andrew " here you go" she said placing it down on the counter for him to use.

Aria chuckled and nodded " I'm sure he would love anything to do right now " she said motioning to the yard as she saw Jessie walk over to the duplex .

"oh thank goodness " he said " Yu is mothering me to death" he said and saw Andrew " hey Andrew" he said walking over to the babies " I needed to get away, can't even lift a cup of tea with out Yu asking if I'm okay" he said and chuckled " Robert changed the bandage earlier he says its healing slowly but should be a few days before I an start slowly using it again" He looked over at Marcus " you tried getting dressed with one arm" then he looked at Angus " I know you know what a pain it is"
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed May 08, 2024 9:05 pm

"Hi, Jessie," Andrew said. "Good to see you. Robert sent me back to help Angus get back on his feet after his surgery yesterday."

Andrew made the creamy icy orange drink and infused Angus's portion with a lot of extra vitamins and supplements to help him get his energy back quicker. He handed glasses of it without the extra supplements to everyone else and then took Angus's took to him.

"Here," Andrew said to Angus, "drink it while it's still icy cold. It's formulated to help you feel better. Give it a fair chance. You might like it."

"This is lovely," Marcus said. "My kids would be in love with this when it gets hot this summer. Jessie, Aria and Ruby are talking about going for a walk this afternoon. It would be a great afternoon for it, but I'll have to go get the girls at Evan's at two. They're going to that big dance in Hogsmeade tonight, and they want every spare minute they can get to get ready. If I go get them at two, can you just keep an eye on this place to be sure that Suzanne and Priscilla don't try their crap for the five minutes I'll be gone, please?"

"I can still fire a wand, you know," Angus said. "It doesn't require both hands."

"What part of 'absolutely no fighting--none whatsoever' did you decide not to pay any attention to?" Marcus asked.

"Most of it," Angus said honestly. "I allow Robert to tend necessary things, but, in all honesty, I pay very little attention to Nigel. And what part of 'don't just sit there and do nothing while your family is being attacked' am I supposed to take seriously?" Angus scowled.

"I am your firepower right now, not your own wand efforts while you'r on some heavy pain potions. And this is why I'm asking Jessie for five minutes of assistance. I really will be straight back," Marcus said. "If I were really pushed to it, I could probably make it back in about 3 1/2, but I really think Jessie has this, and Edward is next door. Andrew's had the training, and he has a wand too. So I don't see that you need to be launching an assault this afternoon unless someone sets the house on fire in the short time I'm gone."

"And if that's the case, we probably should be grabbing babies anyway," Andrew teased.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed May 08, 2024 9:37 pm

Ruby and Aria took the drinks from Andrew and sipped on them " wow this is great" Aria said as Ruby smiled and nodded to him " never mind the girls loving this I love it right now" Aria said smiling to Andrew. Jessie drank some and sat down on a stool .

"be nice in the hot weather , if we get any" he said then listened to Marcus and nodded " keep it at five I'm not going any place to day , light duties remember" he said with a chuckle as he tried to shift his shoulder but just winced and sighed. Hearing Andre he chuckled " there in the play pen, they had breakfast and were changed by Aria and Ruby." he told him as Ruby and Aria returned from upstairs in their running gear " we won't be gone too long , just long enough to run off that breakfast" Aria said as she headed to the door with Ruby following.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed May 08, 2024 10:07 pm

"I'm glad you like it," Andrew smiled.

"Take your time," Marcus said to Aria and Ruby. "We're fine."  When Ruby and Aria left on their walk, Andrew looked at Jessie.

"Has Robert looked at your shoulder in depth, Jessie?" Andrew asked. "Sometimes he can do some really advanced things that can speed healing along, and maybe some rehab would help. Just a couple thoughts on my part. I mean, after all, Robert purposely brought me back from some rehab I was doing in Colorado for Angus, so as long as I'm back here at home, maybe we can do some rehab on your shoulder too."

"Might be a good idea," Marcus said. "What would you be out?"

"Hey, if I have to do all this again, you might as well be dragged right along with me," Angus teased him.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed May 08, 2024 10:12 pm

Jessie listened and waved to Ruby and Aria as they headed out for their run. He looked over at Andre and shook his head " he dressed it but not sure if he actually took an in-depth look. " he said " I think Angus was priority at the time" he said smiling " I don't blame him" Jessie heard Andrew and Marcus and nodded.

"Your right, might as well while I'm here" he said and moved closer to where Andrew was " Jack brother did it last time we met and he went ass over tea kettle over a cliff" he explained as he moved his shirt out of the way so Andrew could see the wrapping across his shoulder.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 50 of 63 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 56 ... 63  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top