A Birth day - Page 25
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 25 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 25 of 63 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 44 ... 63  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 25 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:09 pm

"How's the shoulder this morning?" Robert asked.

"Sucks, thanks," Angus said casually.

"You take your pain potion?"

"No. And I'll tell you like I told Marcus. I'm not taking it til I get back from Paris because I'm going to be clear headed."

"Well, I can't argue with that," Robert said. He reached over and laid his hand on Angus's shoulder to check it, and, at the same time, he drew off some of the pain for him. "That might help for now--as long as you don't overdo it."

"Thanks,"

"You're welcome. Alright. Get some food, and I'll be back."

"Angus, if you have any more of these strange dreams or visions, make a note of it. Write it down. Keeping a journal would be really helpful," Kate told him. "And I'll help you unscramble them. Can you do that?"

"Yes. I appreciate it. Thanks," Angus said.

"Any time. Glad to do it," Kate smiled. "And, if he offers to take you to lunch, do not let him get any more fish and chips. He gained six pounds while Mickey was here. I'm putting him on a low calorie, healthy eating plan until he drops it."

"Understood," Angus nodded, knowing that if Robert wanted fish and chips, there was no power in the wizarding world big enough or strong enough to keep him away from a really good platter of fish and chips. Robert and Kate left, and when they were gone, Marcus burst into laughter.

"You intend to try to keep him away from fish and chips?" Marcus asked.

"No wizard is that powerful," Angus replied.

"Correct," Marcus laughed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22719
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:17 pm

Aria walked over with two plates of food for Marcus and Angus " breakfast is served " she said placing Angus down next to him and handing Marcus his " enjoy guys." she said and smiled as Caprice smiled up at her before she too went and got her breakfast.

Ruby was first to finish and took her plate to the kitchen " so any idea what you'd like for lunch so I can get it ready?" She asked wanting to lessen things for Angus while his shoulder recovered. Walking over she saw Caprice had finished her food . Leaning down she was going to lift her off Angus but Caprice spoke one word " no!" and pouted so she chuckled and took the bowl instead .
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4248

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:44 pm

"Thank you," Angus said.

"Looks great," Marcus said, as the kids came into the kitchen.

"You're just in time," Angus said to them.

"I think they have food radars," Marcus teased. Angus noticed Anise poured coffee and decided to eat a piece of french toast without all the butter and syrup. She just picked it up like a slice of toast and ate it.

"Anise," Angus said, "feeling a bit anxious today?"

"A lot nervous," she confessed.

"Get yourself more breakfast than that. You'll be fine. Trust me. Nobody's going to touch you. You tell them the truth about what you know, and that's all."

"Are you going to be with me when I make my statement?"

"Hopefully, but if you like I can send Marcus with you if they won't let me come in with you. You don't have to be alone if you don't want to be."

"Good," she said, seeming much more relieved.

"Now, go get more breakfast than that," Angus told her. She went and got some fruit salad and one of the poached eggs. When Caprice was finished eating, Marcus picked her up, washed her face and hands and put her in the playpen. By then, Angus was finished eating. He went upstairs, showered and shaved, and then Marcus helped him dress so he would look meticulously put together.

Marcus had put together for Angus a black dress suit, with a black waistcoat, a black shirt and a black tie. He did some tailoring spells to make sure it fit Angus impeccably, and he had chosen black onyx cufflinks and a black onyx tie tack, with a black satin pocket square. Marcus chose his usual black work suit with the black tie and white shirt. They came downstairs when Anise was coming upstairs. Marcus had chosen for her some black and white plaid trousers, a white tube top and a white blazer.

"Perfect," Angus told her. "I wouldn't change a thing."

"You look like you mean business," Anise told him.

"That's good because that's exactly what I mean. I mean business today," he told her. "What do you think, Ru? Will it do, do you think?"

"I fully intended for him to look just slightly intimidating," Marcus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:51 pm

Ruby smiled an walked over putting her arm around Anise for a moment " you'll be okay" she said softly then heard Angus mention Marcus going with her when she gave her statement. now seeing them finish their breakfast and Marcus place Caprice in the play pen she nodded to them both as she saw them head off to dress. Aria helped clear up the plates and the bowl from Dimond.

Hearing both return Ruby looked up and paused " wow looking sharp" she said smiling " that's the man I saw then I first arrived and fell head over heels for" she said smiling " oh he will do just fine" she said then looked to Anise " I agree with Marcus you do look like you mean business , so give them hell, and the truth too" she said chuckling.

Aria walked over and looked at Anise " you'll be okay, Marcus won't let them bully you or let them make you say anything that wasn't true" she said and smiled at Marcus and you have every right to walk out if thy start pressuring you" she said .
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:05 am

"Thank you. I want them to clearly see I'm her dad and that they really should think at least twice before they think they can pull any games with her," Angus said. "I don't want to have to say it. I want them to just know it."

"Watch your body language, then," Marcus said. "Look confident and truthful, and you'll do fine."

"How do I do that?" Anise asked. Marcus taught her how to walk and talk and sit so that she looked like she had nothing to hide. She seemed to understand the concept of body language right away, and she practiced with him for just a couple minutes, just in time for Robert to arrive. He was dressed in a gray suit, looking professional and polished.

"Well, you three polish up pretty well, don't you?" Robert smiled. "Anise, you look lovely. I like that outfit a lot."

"Marcus put it together for me," she said.

"It's very elegant. Well done. Angus, just in case we need it, bring that piece of parchment along. Shall we be on our way, then?"

"By all means," Marcus said, as Angus put the scrap of parchment in his jacket pocket.

"We won't be any longer than necessary," Robert told Aria and Ruby. "And we'll be straight back. Kate's in her studio, and Jack is outside near the barn. If you need something, just give a shout. There will be all kinds of help here in a moment."

"Keep them safe, Aria," Marcus said, knowing she could handle the task. When they were ready, Robert ported Aria, Angus, and Marcus to Paris.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:12 am

Aria looked at Marcus as he taught Aria how to be open in her body language to show she was hiding nothing , she smiled when she started to do it naturally . Seeing Robert walk in , wearing a snappy suit she smiled " looking good yourself Robert" she said then listened to him talk about how they would not be long. She heard Marcus and nodded " you too" she said to him. She watched as the three of them left with Robert and she sat down next to the play pen to watch Dimond and Caprice who were happily playing together.

Ruby had smiled to Angus walking over just before they left " take care of our girl" she said and smiled to Anise " you'll do good, I'll do some baking so you'll have something nice for when you get back. she said stepping back once Robert said they should go. She headed to the kitchen once thy had left and began making Lemon Blueberry Layer Cake for when they got back.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:51 am

Robert had no issue getting them into the Ministry, and Anise hadn't said a syllable. She had taken Angus's hand and had held onto it tightly.

"Calm," Angus told her. "You're the victim here. You aren't guilty of anything. You remember they were supposed to protect you, and they completely and utterly failed. Priscilla wasn't the only one who had some responsibility in this. The school and the ministry had some responsibility too. Tell the truth and stand your ground."

They weren't taken to Daniella's office. They were taken to a couple of "meeting rooms" in the auror department. Angus could tell these rooms weren't meeting rooms at all. These were interrogation rooms. Angus bristled. He wasn't happy that they were doing the ministry a favor, and they were being treated like criminals. Robert tried to reassure him that it was just because the ministry didn't have rooms for interviewing witnesses. Angus didn't buy it, but he didn't launch a protest. He already had a sense that he and Anise were going to be separated. He looked at Marcus.

"You stay with her," Angus said. "I have Robert here. I'm fine. You keep her safe."

"Like she was mine, Mate," Marcus promised. When they came for Anise, Marcus gave them no option at all. He either went along or he was leaving with her. They finally agreed. A different pair of aurors came and collected Angus. Angus went alone, not wanting to show that he needed anyone.

Robert waited, not liking that Angus had wanted to go alone. He waited, though. Anise's interview had taken just an hour. She emerged, looking like she was glad it was done and she was trying to breathe deeply to relax herself a bit. She sat between Robert and Marcus, and they waited on Angus.

Angus's interview was much longer. They wanted detailed history of his dealings with Priscilla and Suzanne. They went back to the beginning when he had first met Reginald and Suzanne, and they had taken extensive information. It took time. A good deal of time. Hours, in fact. As they were just starting in on their fourth hour, Robert saw just a very slight flicker in his medallion--a prearranged signal between him and Kate. Now, Robert got up, went to the room where they had taken Angus and opened the door.

"Get up," Robert told Angus quietly but firmly. "You're coming with me. We're done here." The aurors began to try to get into Robert's face, and Robert put himself between them and Angus. "I said we're done. You've had him at your disposal long enough. If you have any further questions, you can address those to me--at my convenience." He kept his back to Angus, and he moved Angus out of the room, keeping Angus behind him. To Angus's surprise, they didn't try to pursue Robert.

"Let's move," Robert told Marcus and Anise quietly. "Go. Say nothing. Quick walk--out. Show them confidence. We're leaving." They complied, and they walked with him through the ministry hallways and out. When they hit the public streets of Paris, Robert passed a one dose vial of potion to Angus. "You're out of there now, so take your potion. I know you're hurting."

"What time is it?" Angus asked.

"Nearly 2 in the afternoon, Paris time," Robert said. "We'll get home in time for a late lunch. Come. Let's get back to the estate. I'll feel better if we're out of Paris." Robert ported them home without much ado or ceremony.

"Angus, you and Anise go and get some lunch. I want just a quick word with Marcus, and then he's all yours," Robert said. "He wont' be but a moment."

Angus and Anise went inside. Anise was tired from spending three hours sitting and waiting on Angus, and Angus was just tired and hurting, period. He figured that it might take a moment for the pain potion to work.

"We're done finally," Angus told Ruby and Aria as they went in. "Sorry we're so late. It took way longer than we anticipated. Marcus will be in, in a moment. Robert wanted to talk to him for a minute. I should have had Marcus bring you home a lot sooner, Anise. I'm sorry."

"I wouldn't have gone without you," she told him. "Just like you wouldn't have gone without me. It's fine. What did they keep you so long for?"

"They had a lot of questions," Angus said. "After all, my history with Suzanne and Priscilla has been pretty damned chaotic. I should have foreseen this might have been a possibility, but I didn't. I apologize."

"Not your fault," she said.

"Yours went okay, though?"

"Yeah. No problem. Cut and dried, just as you said it would be," she said.

"Good. I'm glad," Angus said, relieved.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:02 am

Ruby and Anise kept the babies occupied all day until it drew close to lunch time Ruby stood up and went to Angus office to check the files for something to make and smiling when she found two recipe's she could make. Making note of them she headed to the kitchen to make Soy-baked potatoes with tuna sriracha mayo along with some Speedy sausage stroganoff tagliatelle and finally she decided on Tahini noodles with red cabbage & Sichuan peppercorn slaw as a side.

Aria looked up and smiled " want some help?" she asked but Ruby shook her ehad .

"no thank you , should be easy to make , you enjoy the babies for a while" she said " if I do need help I'll call." she said as Jack poped his head around the back door.

"all okay ladies" he asked and chuckled as Ruby nodded as she started cooking , he glanced at Aria who also nodded.

"yes Jack all's fine, I am worried at why its taking so long, Angus hasn't had any potion this morning" Ruby said but hearing porting she breathed out , Jack turned around and saw Robert and the others return " there home relax now " he teased and headed back to the barn now he knew Angus and Marcus were home.

Aria moved to the back door and looked at Marcus as he walked with Robert away from Angus and Anise , she stepped out and moved to give Anise a hug " you okay?" she asked as together they walked back inside. Ruby while Aria went out fixed Angus chair making sure he could just sit and not have to move again. she also placed a fresh cup of coffee beside it for him along with the paper of the day..
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:17 am

"I'm good," Anise said. "Mine didn't even take quite an hour. We've been there all this time because they had Angus tied up almost four hours solid. Robert finally went in and told them we were done, and he got Angus out, or we'd still be there."

"They just had more questions for me than they had for her, that's all," Angus said, going to his chair. When he started to take off his jacket, Anise went over and helped him, knowing he would have trouble getting the jacket off. She helped him take off the waistcoat too, and she laid them aside. "Thank you," Angus said. "Their 'interview' chairs are nigh onto torture devices. Damned miserably uncomfortable straightback chairs."

"They were really bad, I agree," she agreed as he sat down in his chair and loosened his tie and opened the first button on his shirt. "Why did they have that weird glass window? Couldnt' see a thing through it."

"The rooms had one way glass," Angus said. "They were designed for people on the other side to see in to us in a way that we couldn't see them."

"Why? We weren't criminals," she said.

"No. We aren't," Angus agreed. "Maybe they just didn't have any better rooms than that." Angus honestly did wonder why they had been taken to interrogation rooms just to make statements. He was starting to wonder if he himself was the real suspect in something, but he didn't know what. Maybe Robert at some point, would clear it up.

"Is Robert's pain potion helping yet?" Anise asked him.

"A bit," Angus said. "It's only been a minute or two. It'll work. Sometimes potions aren't instantaneous."

"Somebody got you some coffee," Anise observed.

"Thank you--to whoever got the coffee. Much appreciated," Angus said. Marcus came inside after talking with Robert.

"We're not going back there unless Robert says we can go," Marcus said. "He does not want a repeat of that. He's going to have a word with Daniella about them holding you so long."

"Its done and overwith, and we're home," Angus yawned. "Let's just move forward." He picked up the coffee and took a sip of it, realizing he definitely needed the coffee now as he started to try to unwind.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:28 am

Aria heard Anise and smiled but looked to Angus " really they don't usually take that long, but I guess there covering there asses" she said as they walked in and Angus said down in his chair.

"your welcome" came Ruby's voice from the kitchen as she walked in with two more cups one fore Anise and one for Marcus " here , steady the nerves" she said softly " don't worry about dinner I have it on the go" she said " I'm making Soy-baked potatoes with tuna sriracha mayo along with some Speedy sausage stroganoff tagliatelle and finally she decided on Tahini noodles with red cabbage & Sichuan peppercorn slaw as a side." she told them before heading back into the kitchen.

"yeah she's been on it most of the morning" Aria said smiling " smells wonderful." she looked at Marcus knowing he had spoken to Robert " well I hope you don't have to go back ether" she said to them " it was too quiet around here and yes Jack did pop in to check on us, in fact he was just here before you came home." she added with a chuckle.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 63 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 44 ... 63  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top