skipping rocks - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

skipping rocks  - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

skipping rocks

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

skipping rocks  - Page 2 Empty Re: skipping rocks

Post by Harper Goodrum Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:25 pm

Harper considered Ciara's question as she watched her friend throw another rock. "That was a good try," she said, offering a small smile. "I like music and animals, but I'm not sure if that counts as a hobby. Most of the time, I just go along with whatever my brothers want to do." She shrugged, feeling a little uncertain about how to answer the question. "What about you?" she asked, curious. "Do you have any hobbies?"
Harper Goodrum
Harper Goodrum

Number of posts : 71

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciara McGee Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:57 pm

Ciara smiled and nodded her head. "WEll yeah," she said with a small smile. She listened to what Harper said. "Well I do like music too yes. Also animals are cute yes. Well I like drawing, it has always calmed me down," she said with a small smile on her face. "which reminds me it has been awhile since I did try to draw, just been very busy," she said with a smile on her face. "We could always try to go feed some animals? There might be some where we usually have beast classes," she said with a small smile. She wondered if it would be true.
Ciara McGee
Ciara McGee
Fourth Year Hufflepuff
Fourth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper Goodrum Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:56 pm

The sunlight reflecting off Ciara's hair caught Harper's attention, making it look like her hair was aglow. Harper couldn't help but be drawn to Ciara's natural beauty. As she launched a rock into the water, it didn't bounce like the previous ones, instead sinking straight into the water.

"That might be more fun than sinking rocks," Harper replied with a nod. "We could go look, and we could talk some more on the way."

As they started to walk towards the caretaker's hut, Harp pushed her hair behind her ear nervously. "What do you typically draw?" Harper asked, trying to change the subject to something Ciara might be more comfortable talking about.
Harper Goodrum
Harper Goodrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciara McGee Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:53 am

She nodded her head there now. "Seems like yes better plan than this," she agreed with the idea. "Oh yes we sure can get to know each other more better," she said with a smile. She even found Harper to be a pretty girl.

"Usually easy stuff, flowers and such. Tried to draw portrait of people few times, I can't never get face right," she said with giggles in the end. It was hard to draw people but lot easier lowers and other stuff like that. "I can show you one day my sketchbook if you want," she said with a smile.
Ciara McGee
Ciara McGee
Fourth Year Hufflepuff
Fourth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper Goodrum Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:11 pm

Harper slipped her hands into the cozy pockets of her pants, falling into step beside Ciara as they left the tranquil water behind. "I'm open to it, if you're keen," she replied with a warm smile. "Speaking of likes, what kind of music are you into? Do you have a favorite band or artist?" As a muggle-born, Harper had an eclectic taste in music, ranging from oldies to pop hits. Lately, she found herself drawn to a band called the Plain White T's, playing their songs on repeat, with "Hey There Delilah" being her current favorite.
Harper Goodrum
Harper Goodrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciara McGee Mon May 01, 2023 8:11 am

Ciara thought about how answer to this next question. "Well I mostly tend listen to pop. I can't really choose one favourite one. It all depends of my moods. There was time when I listened more sad songs even if these days I try focus more on positive ones, when it comes to lyrcis," she ended up answering. Yes she couldn't just go choose one band or artist. "Also I don't mind other generes like hip-hop, metal etc. I almost listen to everything. As long as they have good message across," she said with a smile.
Ciara McGee
Ciara McGee
Fourth Year Hufflepuff
Fourth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper Goodrum Mon May 01, 2023 12:34 pm

Harper's gaze was fixed on her feet as she walked alongside Ciara, intently listening to her conversation. Ciara spoke about the influence of music on one's emotions, and Harper nodded in agreement, acknowledging that listening to sad songs when in a good mood can be difficult. "A sad song can really bring down your mood."

As she lifted her head to scan the path ahead, Harper noticed the peaceful atmosphere around them. The sweet chirping of birds and the tranquil drifting of clouds across the sky filled the air. "Wanna talk about why you use to listen to sad songs?" she asked. Realizing that it may be a sensitive topic, "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to.
Harper Goodrum
Harper Goodrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciara McGee Fri May 05, 2023 12:35 pm

Ciara nodded her head. It could yes bring down your mood yes. Even yeah at the time it was all she could listen. She just was so devastated at the time. There has been quite much pain in her life lately.

"Well there was this very low point in my life last year. Around this time last year I was still trying to get through my cancer. Which is very reason I had to repeat my fourth year too. Or I would have been fifth year right now," she said. She knew many didn't know why she skipped so much school last year, even some knew.
Ciara McGee
Ciara McGee
Fourth Year Hufflepuff
Fourth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper Goodrum Fri May 05, 2023 6:51 pm

Harper felt a wave of sadness wash over her as she listened to Ciara's story. "I'm so sorry," she said, her empathy genuine. Harper knew from her own experience just how difficult sicknesses like the one Ciara had gone through could be. When she was just ten years old, her beloved grandfather had battled cancer and ultimately lost the fight. He had been her closest confidant, her best friend, and her rock, and his passing had left an immense hole in her life.

Harper spoke in a soft and soothing tone, fully aware of the pain that Ciara must have gone through during her own ordeal. "It must have been incredibly difficult for you to go through," she said, her voice conveying both compassion and understanding. Despite the sadness that lingered in her heart, Harper was determined to be a source of comfort for Ciara, knowing that sometimes, a listening ear and a kind word could make all the difference in the world.
Harper Goodrum
Harper Goodrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciara McGee Sat May 06, 2023 6:17 am

Ciara had a family history of cancer running in her family. It was something that happened a lot in their family. As her sister had died because of it too when Ciara was only a five year old girl. She barely has even any memories of her older sister. She just remembers more likely her from the pictures. "I'm okay now, so need to be sorry," she said with a small smile.

"It was difficult. At least I had my family and my best frined Hayden to cheer me up durning that time," she said with a small smile. They had become her tock for sure. Someone she could really count on when things got difficult for her.
Ciara McGee
Ciara McGee
Fourth Year Hufflepuff
Fourth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum