Keep this to ourselves - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Keep this to ourselves - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Keep this to ourselves

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Keep this to ourselves - Page 2 Empty Re: Keep this to ourselves

Post by Cronis Yaxley Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:25 pm

"I don't know." Cronis shook his head.

He wasn't sure how he was supposed to explain his father's views on the ministry and healers. Cronis'father thought of it as a weakness to be a healer if you were a male. Had he been a daughter rather than a son, he was sure his father would have supported it wholeheartedly. Cronis hated the way his luck always went.

He looked at Eva. "I don't expect you to understand where I'm coming from with this. But my father is a very traditional, hypocritical man.", It burned in his mouth, to call his father a hypocrite. "He just expects this of me, because I'm his heir. He doesn't want me to.. throw away my life, i guess is what he thinks of it like."

He ran his hand through his hair and sighed. "I know it would be best to just ignore what my father wants and thinks, but I can't help but think I need to live up to what he expects of me. Merlin knows my brother won't." Evander just wasn't ever going to be who his father wants him to be, and it wasn't because his brother was trying to go against him, rather he just didn't have it in him.

"I just don't know what to choose."
Cronis Yaxley
Cronis Yaxley
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 82

Back to top Go down

Post by Eva DeLuca Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:05 am

Eva sighed. No, she wouldn’t have comprehended where Cronis was coming from with being torn. Not with how her parents raised her. Although, they could be a bit on the protective side. It had only taken her missing curfew once with Tyler to find out just how insane they could be about where she was and having a talk about responsibility with her.

“If it were me.” She began seriously, “I would go with where my passions were. Obviously with you it’s being a healer. I mean after all, despite what you think your father would think you’re here helping out when you could just as well be doing anything else.”

While Eva’s parents would have preferred her to pick a sensible profession to join once she finished school, they wanted to allow her room to attempt things and fail at them. Learn from her mistakes. “The worst you find out is that being a healer isn’t for you and you can always go back to the original plan right?” she asked him curiously.

She tucked some of her hair behind her ear, “I mean, if you had parents like I do that’s what they would tell you regardless of if it was what you wanted. The worst is you try and fail, a positive would be that you love what you do and you’re happy.”
Eva DeLuca
Eva DeLuca
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 455

Back to top Go down

Post by Cronis Yaxley Tue May 12, 2020 10:44 pm

He wanted to believe that everything was that easy. After all, for all he knew, it was and he was just overthinking everything he'd been taught by his father. His mother had always left all the teaching to his father, when it came to him having preferred taking care of Evander since he was younger. Sometimes Cronis wished that he'd been born just a minute later so he wouldn't have to deal with any of the things he had to now.

Cronis didn't want to be a ministry employee. He knew that some of his friends thought it would be cool to be a big ministry person, but Cronis didn't think that. Mostly because it was being shoved down his throat. Anabelle thought that working in the Magical creatures department would probably be cool, and that was where she was trying to head, but Cronis wouldn't even be allowed to do that, if he did decide to give the ministry a chance.

"But I don't have parents like you." he replied, his words leaving his mouth a little more harshly than he had intended them to. "I have pureblooded aristocrat parents who don't understand anything other than what they know. My mother isn't a healer, no one in my family is. They are all in the ministry or stay home. There is no in-between."
Cronis Yaxley
Cronis Yaxley
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 82

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum