Not Another Detention Story
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Not Another Detention Story Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Not Another Detention Story

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Not Another Detention Story Empty Not Another Detention Story

Post by Alexander Jones Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:35 pm

It seemed like every group of friends started out like a movie cliche. His last friendship had. The first one that had consisted in Rhys, Lysander, Sam, and him. Well through the year they had drifted apart, they barely ever saw Lysander, and the most devastating thing that had happened to Alex after his brother dying, was Rhys dying due to that sickness that had been around a while ago. People survived it, but she hadn't, it wasn't fair that the most innocent and nicest people died. Rhys hadn't done anything wrong ever in his eyes. And before that, she hadn't even bothered to tell him about her and Sam being punished by Felix. And he hadn't known until it had happened to him, although Alex put up a good fight and had escaped. Rhys had died, and Alex had last talked to her on a bad note. When his jealousy caught up with him when she had started dating Sam. And Alex had been devastated when he had heard the news. A teacher had come into his potions class and taken him out into the corridor, and slowly explained it. Alex hadn't cried or showed emotion, at first he thought it was a joke until he had gone to where Rhys and him usually were, and she wasn't there. And Sam had confirmed it.

Then there was Sam. Alex still considered Sam probably his best friend, his brother, his kin. But lately they hadn't talked. And he was one of the people Alex wanted to talk to, in case he Alex decided he wanted to leave Hogwarts. Alex had recently been offered to go and join a Quidditch Youth Academy. It could brighten his Quidditch future, bringing him up to the pro team that the youth team was sponsored by. But if he did leave he couldn't come back to Hogwarts until the after Christmas break.

And switching to now, Alex was in detention. It hadn't been a prank gone wrong like before, Alex had over slept the last few classes and gotten late all last week. He sighed, thank God that school was almost over, and summer was almost there. He sighed, as he signed his name to show he was there. The teachers where never there during detention. Students had to be a minimum of five minutes early, because when the time came, the door would be closed, and locked. They knew if you where there by the fact that you had to sign your name. It would be easy for a kid to sign it, and then walk out the class, but Alex didn't want to. He just felt like living up to his punishment. There where supposedly three more people coming.
Alexander Jones
Alexander Jones
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 348
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Not Another Detention Story Empty Re: Not Another Detention Story

Post by Nathaniel Addams Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:52 pm

Cursing under her breath, Sarah headed towards the detention room to serve a detention for something she didn't even do. Although she tired telling the Charms professor that she didn't have no doing in turning the whole class into pixies and she was simply stood up he still didn't believe her. What was worse not only did she have a day worth of detention she had it from now until the summer holidays started. Sarah was glad that the summer holiday was here, or else she would have detention for a month rather then a week. Walking into the detention room, Sarah remembered the last time she was here with Vivienne it didn't go well at all.

Signing her name on the sign in sheet, Sarah saw that Alex had detention with her as well which made her smile. "Hey Alex, what did they get you for?"Sarah asked him as she took a seat across from him smirking. "I didn't do a damn thing wrong, and I have a week worth of detention cause the Charm professor thought I changed the whole class into pixies!"said Sarah rolling her eyes. "Although I'm glad he didn't take pints off though, I lost any points the whole Gryffindor house will be mad at me!"said Sarah. Gryffindor had worked to hard to get in first place, they didn't want to lose by Sarah losing points at the last moment.

Nathaniel Addams
Nathaniel Addams
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 319

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Macnair Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:06 pm

"I told you I didn't do it, I was in my common room the whole time, you can ask Caiden he was there!"said Shadow trying to get her way out of this detention. Obviously the headmaster didn't agree and she was sent to the detention room by the prefects who had both arms around her. "Hey don't push!" said Shadow angrily as she regained herself after being pushed into the dentetion hall after a long struggle. Letting out a sigh Shadow knew it was useless to fight with them it was obvious that she wasn't going to win. Looking down at the sign in sheet she signed her name and seen that there was only one person left to sign in all the other three had signed in.

Taking her seat behind the Gryffindor girl, Shadow seen her in the hallway that was the only reason why she knew she was a Gryffindor. "So... what did you two get busted for?"Shadow asked them softly her sapphire eyes looking at them one by one. "I'm in here for something I didn't do, but obviously seeing how I did it before they thought I did it again!"said Shadow shaking her head. "I mean ok I snuck into the Shack once, but do you honestly think I'll do it again if I already done it?"Shadow asked them shaking her head. People snuck into the shack all the time and never gotten caught, but why is it when she doesn't do anything she always gets into trouble?

Shadow Macnair
Shadow Macnair
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis R. Knox Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:13 am

"I already said I didn't do it!"

Dylan exclaimed as he was led to the detention classroom by one of the prefects. It wasn't fair, he hadn't done anything to anyone. He wasn't even sure what he was getting in trouble for. He'd been in the Music Classroom almost all day trying to write a new song. He'd only come out a few minutes before, before a prefect came up to him saying that he was in trouble for something.

He sighed, knowing he wasn't going to win. "I don't understand why I'm being blamed..." He muttered. Dylan walked into the detention room to find three others already in there and he lowered his head. Well, at least he wasn't alone, and this wasn't the first time he was in detention. He blew his bangs out of his face as he signed his name on the sign in sheet and he walked over to the others.

"Hey Sarah." He greeted the Gryffindor girl first, then proceeded to greet the other two with a nod. "What're you three in for?" He asked.
Artemis R. Knox
Artemis R. Knox
Fifth Year Hufflepuff
Fifth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 416

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Addams Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:35 am

Sarah looked up and smiled as she seen who the fourth person was. "Hey Dylan."said Sarah smiling at him. When he asked what she was in here for she rolled her emerald eyes. "For something I didn't do, and I have a week worth of detention cause the Charm professor thought I changed the whole class into pixies!"said Sarah shaking her head.

"Obviously I didn't do it, and I was stood up but he didn't believe me!"said Sarah sighing. "What about you Dylan, what did they get you for seem like the prefects love you to!"said Sarha nodding to the prefects who just left. "I always gotten detention, but it always been something that I done, and this time I get into trouble for something that I didn't do!"said Sarah.

Nathaniel Addams
Nathaniel Addams
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Jones Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:27 pm

Alex head was laid back, and he was relaxed, which was more than he had been usually in a detention. And he had gotten it a few times. a thing he wasn't proud of. Then he heard another person come in, surprise surprise, if it wasn't his good friend, Sarah Nesbitt, head met her a while back in detention (deja vu right?), along with a few other people. A Slytherin tool whose name Alex had forgotten, Andrei or Dimitri or something like that, and Kaleigh Witt, a Ravenclaw Alex had grown fond of. Sarah was another girl Alex had grown fond of, maybe it was because from the moment he had met her, he saw her as his little sister, just because she was everything Alex had ever wanted in a little sister. She had come in and asked Alex what he was in for. "Hey, baby girl." Alex said. "I'm in here for getting late to class, because my roommates are jerks and turned off my alarm." He explained. Then Sarah explained her reason. Alex was completely aware of the reason. "Yeah I know. They're calling you Pixie Chick around school." Alex laughed.

Then Alex's heart almost stopped when the blond Slytherin girl came in. He had to stop to admire her beauty. Alex snapped out of it, as the girl also assumed she was innocent. Alright, two people innocent. It could be true. Alex had no reason not to believe them, but there where a lot of people the just said they where innocent, and lied to themselves. She explained that she had been sneaking off to the Shack before, but now that she didn't do it, they didn't believe her. "Well, I mean.. If you've done it before, what would stop you from doing it now. That's probably what they though." Alex explained. It was like the boy who cried wolf. The boy hadn't seen the wolf the first few times, but when he had seen it, nobody came to help him and he was eaten. "Or how do you know if they aren't putting you in detention for the first time you did it?" Alex asked.

Then finally, last, but surely, not least, Dylan boy from Ravenclaw had come. He know both the others names, Shadow and Dylan, they where all in the same year, and all attended the same classes, so it was hard for them not to know each other. Alex looked at them as they both asked. "Well I've been late to class because my roommates turn off my alarm in the morning, and Pixie Chick over here," Alex said motioning towards Sarah, "Made Pixies in the charms classroom.. Or at least she was accused of it." He said. Alex sighed, they could talk but it would be boring, after all, they had no supervision, so they could do whatever they wanted. He looked at the other three. "I for one am starting to get bored... Anyone up for truth and dare?" Alex asked.
Alexander Jones
Alexander Jones
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Addams Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:54 am

Sarah rolled her eyes at his reply. " Hey! It wasn't my fault I was stood up by Vivianna obviously!"said Sarah rolling her eyes angrily. Vivianna and her were sworn enemies and have been to day one. It sounded like something Vivianna would do to try to see if she can get Sarah into deep trouble or worse expelled. She was always trying to get Sarah back after that potions accident in their third year. How Maura was friends with her was a mystery to her.

Sarah smirked as she seen Alex looking at Shadow like he was some lovestruck boy who was stroke by cupid. "Careful Alex, I don't think she goes for boys who drool everywhere!"said Sarah chuckling. Hearing Alex comment she crumbled up some paper before she threw it at him. "Shut up!"said Sarah rolling her eyes playfully at him before crossing her arms. It was how her and Alex were, always playing around with each other.

Hearing Alex's question she smirked to herself. "Hm.... sounds like fun, I'm game."said Sarah smirking. "Although I don't know about the others though."said Sarah as she looked at the rest of them. Although she was sure Shadow wouldn't mind seeing how she played this game alot.
Nathaniel Addams
Nathaniel Addams
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Macnair Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:04 am

Shadow's sppahire eyes looked at Alex and shook her head and shrugged. "They never knew that I did it before, I think a prefect saw me and squealed on me."said Shadow shrugging. Hearing what Sarah and Alex was in for she chuckled before looking at Sarah laughing. "Seriously, they put you in dentention because they thought you changed the whole class into pixies?"Shadow asked her laughing. "Wow.. how lame!"said Shadow shaking her head while still laughing. "Almost as lame as Alex getting dentetion for being a couple of minutes late for class!"said Shadow.

When he mentioned a friendly game of dare or dare Shadow smiled to herself. "Ooh... one of my favorite games, I'm game!"said Shadow smiling. "Who knows, maybe this will be fun!"said Shadow as she looked at Alex and gave him a soft warm smile. "Besides, we need something to do, or else were going to rot in here!"said Shadow. Although Shadow had dentention before, it was always with Andrei and they always snuck off to the kitchen and spent the rest of dentetion in there. "Hey any bring something to eat? seeing how were going to miss dinner and all!"said Shadow sighing.
Shadow Macnair
Shadow Macnair
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis R. Knox Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:38 am

"Professors and Prefects suck."

Dylan muttered under his breath. He normally wouldn't say anything like that in front of others, especially since some of their friends might be Prefects. In fact, he even had a friend who was a Prefect. But right now, he was peeved off about being blamed for something he didn't do.

As Sarah explained why she was in detention, he couldn't help but giggle a bit at the name she'd been called. "Oh yeah. I heard something about that." He had heard someone talking about a Pixie Chick when he was heading up to the Music Classroom. She asked what he was in for and he shrugged with a confused look on his face. "I honestly don't even know, no one would tell me exactly. It was something about a salamander or something in a girl's dress." He sighed. "Because that's totally something I would do." Dylan rolled his eyes.

"I'm up for a game of Truth or Dare. Should be interesting." he chuckled. Shadow asked if anyone had brought something to eat,and he Dylan nodded. "I should have some chips and drinks or whatever in my bag. I had planned to stay in the Music Classroom all day so I stocked up." he told them. "If anyone wants anything just take it from there." he placed his bag on a desk close to him and motioned to it.
Artemis R. Knox
Artemis R. Knox
Fifth Year Hufflepuff
Fifth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 416

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Jones Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:48 pm

Alex sighed, Sarah did have a problem with that Vivianna chick, although Alex didn't really know why, she seemed alright. And maybe it was just an excuse. "So. Vivianna blamed you? Or what do you mean by stood up?" Alex said. He knew English wasn't his first language, but he had been speaking it since a little bit after he could start speaking, because his mother was Spanish, and father was American. And since he was born in Spain, and moved around a lot. His first language had actually been German, because a year after he was born, he left to live in Germany, and went back to Spain when he was three. He listened to Shadow, looking into her sapphire eyes. When she said about how lame it was that they had detention for stupid reasons. "Well. I agree with the reason Sarah Pixie was sent here. You can't just turn the classroom into pixies. Well I mean, that's if she actually did it. For my reason.. It was only like two times, and it was due to my roommates.." Alex said, responding to Shadow. Then Alex looked over at Dylan once he said something about prefects. "Well my best friend happens to be a prefect. So not all of them suck." Alex said, thinking about Amelia.

Alex lightly punched Sarah in the shoulder. "Shut up! I'm not drooling over her." Alex said, getting up and taking a seat next to his friend Sarah, thinking it was better than sitting across from each other. He picked up the paper he threw at him, and he threw it at her head. It was cool that Alex had Sarah, the two where close, it was cool that he had someone other than Amelia he was close with. Alex sat next to Sarah, getting her into a soft head lock, and giving her a nuggy, ending it with a kiss on her cheek. "You know I'm kidding..." Alex said. "Pixie B****!" Alex said, covering himself as he was prepared for a whole bunch of playful slaps that Sarah was surely going to give him, because that's what happened every time he playfully insulted him, she slapped him, not in an angry way, but in a type of playful way. Alex gave a light chuckle at Dylan's reason for being in detention. "So we're all here for our really good luck, no?" Alex said, the 'really good luck' part being sarcastic.

Alex was glad that everyone decided to play. He looked at them. "I did bring some snacks. Being rich has its advantages, I have a bag of cheeps, and loads of candy, chocolate toads, and whatever you can think of." Alex said smiling at Shadow, and winking. Yes it was cheesy, but he wink and boyish smile got girls. He then rubbed his hands together. "Alright, then. To make this go quicker, After I dare somebody, they dare another person. I dare Sarah, then Sarah dares someone, then that person dares another person." Alex said. "Sarah, I dare you to... give me your hardest punch."

Alexander Jones
Alexander Jones
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top